Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. HPM
    I cannot seem to get the camera mirror to work to enable self portrait photos. Also cannot find instructions anywhere. Maybe it is just stuck.

Can someone please tell me how the mechanism works so if necessary I can force it to work.

TIA
    -go to camera mode
    -turn treo around to point the camera at you
    -put your finger on the center button of the 5-way navigator
    -center your face in the reflection in the mirror
    -smile
    -press the center button on the 5-way
    Does it cause a soft reset when you look in the mirror? My first thirty-seven units did this but I just kept exchanging them and eventually got one that worked. Maybe P1 will someday release a firmware update that fixes this well-known problem.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
  4. HPM
    Many thanks - so easy! I mistaknly thought there was some mechanical movement required on the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdan333
    Does it cause a soft reset when you look in the mirror? My first thirty-seven units did this but I just kept exchanging them and eventually got one that worked. Maybe P1 will someday release a firmware update that fixes this well-known problem.
    and not even a smiley..
    Cruel !!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I have a mirror in my house that doesn't seem to work. Every time I look in it my reflection doesn't appear. I've also recently developed a taste for blood. Can anyone help me???
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    hahahaha, very funny, scottymomo
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I have a mirror in my house that doesn't seem to work. Every time I look in it my reflection doesn't appear. I've also recently developed a taste for blood. Can anyone help me???
    How are you reacting when people hold cloves of garlic near you?
    ya know, I used to love it but all of a sudden the stuff scares the bejeebus outta me.

Anyone ever seen Once Bitten? I can't stop watching!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by HPM
    I cannot seem to get the camera mirror to work to enable self portrait photos. Also cannot find instructions anywhere. Maybe it is just stuck.

Can someone please tell me how the mechanism works so if necessary I can force it to work.

TIA
    I started to respond to this thread 3 or 4 times today but I couldn't come up with a response that wasn't sarcastic.

Exactly what type of mechanical operation were you thinking there would be? Can you describe it? I know different people think differently so help me out. A mirror is a mirror. You look at it, you see yourself and you take a picture?

I apologize ahead of time to everyone who thinks I am ragging on the poster.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I was under the impression that you press on the tiny mirror, and it pops out into a full size mirror. I didn't try it yet because I wasn't sure if it was another Treo flaw, and I would have a hard time putting it back in.
    JOEBAR- Where are you?

How could you miss a thread like this?

Funny
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigG65
    JOEBAR- Where are you?

How could you miss a thread like this?

Funny
    I think his fingers got caught in the mirror mechanism. EMTs are using the jaws of life at this very moment to extricate him.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I broke my camera trying self-portraits.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I broke my camera trying self-portraits.

did all the paint mess up the screen?
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Well when I use it, it gets cloudy & tears come out the mirror :*( They need to ad an Ugly/Stud mode. Poor camera....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    reverendrhino - where did you get my picture?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    all you have to do is update to mirror v2.01 final. install and soft reset. solved all of my problems.
    Shadowmite is said to be working on a hack...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Joebar, Dutchtrumpet, Insertion and Evilghost could have entertained us for the rest of the day.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast