1.    #1  
    Hi, any ideas. This one looks good. http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-24--154.htm
    Seidio

Thanks,

George
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim
    Hi, any ideas. This one looks good. http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-24--154.htm
    Seidio

Thanks,

George
    I have this one. This holster is fantastic with respect to its ability to securely hold the 650 close to your body. No need to worry about it accidently unfastening and falling to the ground. Earlier models had a problem where they caused paint to chip off off the 650 at contact points. Seidio has apparently fixed this issue with new manufacturing processes. If ordering from Treocentral, you need to make sure in advance that you are getting one of the new and improved ones. I ordered from Treocentral on 2/18/05 and got one of the old ones. This despite the fact that Seidio identified this as an issue some time before, but apparently did not issue a recall.

Seidio is replacing it for me at not cost, but this still does not do anything for me as far as getting the missing paint back on my Treo. This is a big issue to me, as I spent good money on my unlocked 650 direct from Palm, I work hard for my money, I take care of my stuff, and am not happy that a holster I purchased from a reputable supplier (Treocentral) caused damage to my 650, especially since this issue was identified on the Treocentral forums prior to my purchase. Of course, I did not find this out until I researched the issue I was having to see if it was unique to my holster, or others had experienced it.
    Quick update as on the status of my replacement holster form Seidio: there isn't one! My defective holster was signed for at Seidio in Houston on March 31, 2005. I have not received any updates on when my replacement will be shipped. An email inquiry I made has gone unanswered, despite my having received a read receipt. Hopefully this is an oversight, and is not indicative of how Seidio treats their customers.
    I use it...

Good screen protection...

Secure...but,

Takes a bit getting used to getting the phone out.

Need both hands to get phone out if not attached to belt.
    And if attached to belt... gets uncomfortable while driving or just sitting for extended periods. This holster is a good one but, trying to get your phone out to answer a call...doing 70mph...in a vehicle that comes with a "High Rollover Risk" sticker...is ill advised

This holster makes a "PROPERLY FUNCTIONING" BT headset a neccesity while driving...which is a problem also!!!

I just take the phone out of the holster...put it in the car cradle (high front so I can see who is calling) and take the holster off when I get in the car.
    I use the holster mainly when I know that I'm going to be out of the car and standing for extended periods. I drive about 200 miles a day, five days a week... the clip can get uncomfortable.

Also...Check your call answer settings.
    It's hard to get the phone out without pushing a button...which means lots of calls answered with callers on the other end listening to you "stumble" trying to get the phone to your ear or worse...hanging up on people/clients

Overall...I Like it!!!!

Doc.
    Last edited by DocNusum; 04/23/2005 at 11:13 PM.
    DocNusum

Handspring 90-> Handspring Prism-> Handspring 300 ->P1 650

Airborne Army Medic-8 years--> Chicago Paramedic -2 years--> ER Nurse-2 years--> CCRN-2 years--> Currently FNP, PA-C.
    Heres a copy of my review

Ok, just got the Proclip holster and the Seidio cradle type holsters for the treo 650.

First the good on the Seidio cradle type:

1) Dose'nt interfer with egrips (back pieces only).
    2) The top dosent interfer with the sd card (my proclip for my t600 use to dislodge the sd card)
    3) The swivel is tough to turn, thats good. The leather swivel lock holster sold by Sprint should be called a swivel kind-of-lock.
    4) I was pleased the size of the holster is similar to the smallest holsters on the market. On the website they look as if they could be kind of heavy.
    5) You get alittle more protection for your phone using this kind of holster.
    6) It is a one-handed operation putting the phone in the holster.

The bad:

1)Clip is to low on holster so top of phone sticks up to high and bounces around.
    2) When swiveled 90 degrees a majority of the phone hangs off to one side completely unbalanced.
    3) The little notches on the inside of the holster tear up egrips (side pieces only), and could catch the sides of a treo right at their seems.
    4) You could only call it a one handed operation taking the phone out of the holster if you didnt mind not having a grip on the phone as you take it out, (to risky for me).
    This is the same clip that I have. I looked for a holster like this for 2 months before I finally bought Seidio's. What I mainly wanted was:
    1. Protection - since the Treo is faced inward, it's got about as much protection from a holster that I could as for.
    2. Close to me - what I really hate about some holsters or "clips" is that they push the phone away from your body. Just what I need to be walking around a corner and WHAM-OH!! there goes my $600 phone. The Seidio keeps it close to me and out of harms way.
    3. Easy to use - I like it because when it's on the belt, I know I can get it out fast. It's a one handed operation and I don't worry about fumbling. Yeah, when it's not on the belt it takes two hands, but who cares...it's a holster, it's supposed to be on your belt, duh.
    4. No extra weight - This baby is light...like a feather. No extra weight at all.

As far as some of the problems these other guys are having, I can see where it may be an issue. I've been using my clip that I bought straight from Seidio since the middle of February and I have no paint chips or rubbing at all going on. I don't have a problem with the buttons either because I used the option to disable the screen and buttons when ringing. Most of the time as well, if it's in the case I have my BT headset on. My ringers are set up so if it's someone in my address book, it rings one way, and I'll answer it. If their not in my address book, it'll ring another way, and I won't answer it.

It's really a matter of trial and error.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    I liked the clip type alot better heres my review if your thinking about that one

I just got the seido clip for the treo 650.
    click
    Good points:
    1) it looks like its very well made, the proclip looks as is someone made them in their garage.
    2) Its a compact design almost as compact as the proclip.
    3) The swivel dosent add any extra size or weight to the the holster.
    4) The swivel is tough to turn. some swivel locks are so weak i dont know why the call them locks.
    5) It sets very well on the belt not to high or low. Some clips set to high and stick you in the side and some sit to low and bump every thing when you sit.
    6) the side peices that hold the sides of the treo are the same as the proclips so I couldnt imagine how they could damage your phone as some one had reported. I never had any side damage with the proclip.

The bad:
    1) It is just slightly bulkier than the proclip.
    2) It takes 2 fingers to press the bottom of the seidio down to take the phone out, the proclip is secure but easier to take in and out.
    The bottom part that holds the phone in is alittle over done, I dont know if since the plastic is thicker than proclips does that make it to inflexable, or does the bottom piece just wrap around the phone to far, you almost feel as if your going to break something off of your phone trying to get it in and out of the seidio holster. I thought about warming up the plastic and stretching it out a little. I like the holster and I guess its good for now.

Heres my seidio clip with an arrow to the over done bottom.click

There have been updates to these clips. I should be recieving new ones by wednesday to do new reviews. I always give them away after I finish the review. I usually post "free holster in my signature".
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Try the Krussel S-wide horizontic. Love it. Stays very close tot the body.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTKDKid
    Quick update as on the status of my replacement holster form Seidio: there isn't one! My defective holster was signed for at Seidio in Houston on March 31, 2005. I have not received any updates on when my replacement will be shipped. An email inquiry I made has gone unanswered, despite my having received a read receipt. Hopefully this is an oversight, and is not indicative of how Seidio treats their customers.
    You are probably getting one of the newer holsters.

The first 650 cradle types users complained about the contact spots. Then Seidio started sending out holsters with hand polished contact spots. But as of now they are sending out slightly redisigned holsters that are said to be easier to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    1. Easy to use - I like it because when it's on the belt, I know I can get it out fast. It's a one handed operation and I don't worry about fumbling.

2. Yeah, when it's not on the belt it takes two hands, but who cares...it's a holster, it's supposed to be on your belt, duh.

1. As I said "overall I like it."

2. I care !!!!!

Maybe you didn't read the part about uncomfortable

If it is uncomfortable it won't stay on the hip long...DUH ... especially while driving

DocNusum
    DocNusum

Handspring 90-> Handspring Prism-> Handspring 300 ->P1 650

Airborne Army Medic-8 years--> Chicago Paramedic -2 years--> ER Nurse-2 years--> CCRN-2 years--> Currently FNP, PA-C.