1.    #1  
    Is there any known way of playing sound files DURING a Treo650 phone call in a way that allows the caller to hear them, and where ideally you can hear them on the Treo too? Obviously this would be mono, not stereo. A quick revew of verious player/music programs suggests that they all turn off their sound during phone calls, and it looks like an application would have to be deliberately progammed to get the sound to do this, if it is indeed possible. Anyone know?
    :menu:TreoLawrence
    Samsung I300 -> Treo 650 (Cin)
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLawrence
    Is there any known way of playing sound files DURING a Treo650 phone call in a way that allows the caller to hear them, and where ideally you can hear them on the Treo too? Obviously this would be mono, not stereo. A quick revew of verious player/music programs suggests that they all turn off their sound during phone calls, and it looks like an application would have to be deliberately progammed to get the sound to do this, if it is indeed possible. Anyone know?
    yes. its very easy if you have a mp3 player such as pockettunes or aeroplayer. just put the phone in speaker mode then launch ptunes and play the song. alternatively you can use lightwav to play coverup sound too. in any case all you do is start the audio player and play your song.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  3.    #3  
    Thank you smiley. Is your method relying on the mic picking up the speakerphone output?

Unfortunately, my ultimate desire here is to be able to do this when using a headset and without making any noise (as the Speakerphone does). What I actually want to do is to be able to carry on a one way phone conversation without speaking, but just playing a pre-recorded set of responses ("Can't talk", "Yes", "No" etc.). Very useful in meetings, auditoriums, libraries etc.

I will take a look at Lightwav. Thanks.
    Thank you smiley. Is your method relying on the mic picking up the speakerphone output?

Unfortunately, my ultimate desire here is to be able to do this when using a headset and without making any noise (as the Speakerphone does). What I actually want to do is to be able to carry on a one way phone conversation without speaking, but just playing a pre-recorded set of responses ("Can't talk", "Yes", "No" etc.). Very useful in meetings, auditoriums, libraries etc.

I will take a look at Lightwav. Thanks.
    Havent seen any appsthat will let you directly output audio to the MIC.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  5.    #5  
    No I meant - is the purpose in your suggestion of turning on the speaker to allow the mic to pick up the sound?

I am now playing with Lightwav but have not yet got Cover-Up sounds to work yet (using wavPlayer as I have not yet got into PocketTunes).

Do you work for Toysoft (just looking at your sig)? I believe the app funcionality I am seeking here would be broadly useful and somewhat "cool".
  6.    #6  
    Do you work for Toysoft
    Looks like you may - I am now reading your stuff on other threads. I like the Lightwav and other manuals - they are nicely written.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Havent seen any appsthat will let you directly output audio to the MIC.
    Danny, thanks for your offtopic (toysoft) post. You should do it more often. Or maybe you do under another name Since you're the programmer, is this even remotely possible?

Thanks!!!

Phil
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    ....is this even remotely possible?
    While this "mic" question may be interesting/amusing - please note that this wans't what I asked at all - I think an earlier post of mine confused this up out of thin air
  9.    #9  
    I am not getting LightWav coverup sound to do anything. I now have PocketTunes onboard and I am playing MP3s. I get the coverup screen when I press the appropriate button during a phone call, but when I select the file and hit OK, nothing happens - no sound. PocketTunes plays the file when no phone call is in progress. (By the way, the button presses still go through to the underlying apps on them, which is strange as well).

Treo650 GSM 1.04 firmware. LightWav 5.3. PocketTunes 3.0.9. Fair amount of other software. TAKEphONE and TreoGuard turned off (no effect). LauncherX, Agendus, KBLightsOff, LEDOff still on.
    Im having the same exact problem TreoLawrence, my cover up sound isnt working either. *subscribe*
    TreoLawrence -- Would CallFilter serve your needs? It will allow you to play a background sound during your call, and the sound can be heard on both ends of the call. Notice: it is only for the 600 right now, with a version for the 650 coming soon. If you search through the developer's forum on MTDN, you'll see that 650 users have used the 600 version with mixed results. The 650 version is supposedly not very far away at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow
    Im having the same exact problem TreoLawrence, my cover up sound isnt working either. *subscribe*
    you must on a call first before you can activate it.
    goto the sound prefs in lwav and set your coverup folder where you keep you sound files. you will have to select a activation key.

to activate just press the key and select the sound to play. if you tap on the screen it will stop.
  13.    #13  
    you must on a call first before you can activate it - to activate just press the key and select the sound to play. if you tap on the screen it will stop.
    This is what I do. I have set up the coverup directory and button (I would like more choices of button ), I am then in a call, I hit the button and do get the screen to select a sound. But when I select and hit OK, I get no sound.
    Maybe its like Kool Alarms, it just doesn't work. I have tried everything to get Kool Alarms, but it doesn't work at all.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    dont waste your money on lightwav... smiley doesnt like to answer questions...about the disfunctionality of his product...which he promotes at an extreme level... I find it hard to understand how he has so much time to promote..yet so little time to answer questions...when in the end...it is all counterproductive....reputation = ruined.... he just doesnt get the marketing industry.
    Hey gang,
    This is a sound related question but at the other end. How do I make all the sounds stop when I'm on a phone call? I would like it to be automatic. I have agendus pro and cuckoo and they both have chymmed in while I'm on a call.
    Please help,
    Thanks,
    Betsy
    This is what I do. I have set up the coverup directory and button (I would like more choices of button ), I am then in a call, I hit the button and do get the screen to select a sound. But when I select and hit OK, I get no sound.
    cover up sound doesnt appear to work on the T650. the Phone apparently disables all sounds from playing. cover up does work on the T600.
    cover up sound doesnt appear to work on the T650. the Phone apparently disables all sounds from playing. cover up does work on the T600.
    That's a pretty major bug. Any idea if it can be fixed?