1.    #1  
    I am confused at to what the DUN patch does. I understand how do get it but just dont understand what it does or what DUN is? Please explain.
    Dial Up Networking

Using your Treo as a BT wireless modem, normally with a laptop.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    so does it do anything for bluetooth headsets or just laptops?
    Quote Originally Posted by LMBvideography
    so does it do anything for bluetooth headsets or just laptops?
    As Insertion noted, DUN stand for Dial Up Networking. It allows any computer with a bluetooth connection to share the 650's internet connection. It has nothing to do with any other bluetooth features like hands free devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Dial Up Networking

Using your Treo as a BT wireless modem, normally with a laptop.

nothing with headsets.

read above.

DUN

D=dial
    U=up
    N=networking

With DUN you can connect through BT to your 650 from a laptop (desktop too but not much point) to your service providers data connection to surf the internet on the PC.

search DUN or dial up networking if you need more info
    Does the DUN patch allow me to search using BT? I know there are probably at least 600 threads on DUN, BT DUN, Reverse DUN, and DUNce. I tried to Google "DUN" but failed because I thought the [Enter] key was also to the [Any Key]. Can you give me step through step procedures to assist me in BINS (Basic Internet Navigational Skills)?

Also, which Treo 650 should I buy? The one with or without DUN?

Thanks in advance,
    2Lazy2Search
    Lol ....
    Quote Originally Posted by LMBvideography
    I am confused at to what the DUN patch does. I understand how do get it but just dont understand what it does or what DUN is? Please explain.
    Is the DUN Patch needed still for the updated Treo Firmware (FIRMWARE 01.15 and SOFTWARE Treo650-1.06-ROW)? I have successfull configured the DUN for GPRS (with no DUN Hack or Patch) with my Treo 650 earlier today (got the step by step procedure in http://www.philmug.ph/viewthread.php?tid=5923) with my iBook G4 1.0GHZ.

Anyone tried doing this without the patch?