1.    #1  
    I have been unable to receive video clips that have taken with a 650 via SMS. I seem to be able to send video clips but the messages arrive without the video, and I have received photos and recorded messages attached to messages I have received but no video.
    The people at Cingular have no clue.
    Has anyone been able to receive video clips, is the size limited (I know a text messages can be no greater than 160 characters)?
    The Treo 650 User Guide certainly confirms that the Treo can do this so does the problem lie within Cingular, are you Sprint users able to recieve video?
    I can attach, send and receive video attached to email just not SMS.
    Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Hi Edgeman, SMS doesn't support attachment. I think you need MMS to send pic/video.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks xwaiz, my ignorance. I should have been more specific, I was using MMS not SMS as I previously posted.
    Each time I receive a MMS it states the following:

One or more of the message components have been deleted by MMS Adaption. Either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for your terminal.

The video clips I am sending are not more than a couple of seconds.
    Any ideas, anyone?
    Thanks
    I think that the Messaging program DOES support video. I haven't tried it, but if you use the ADD button, you can select Video. I think you need the newest version of Quicktime to play it on the PC. If you take a video using the Camcorder program of the Treo, you might be able to take a larger resolution video, but then you would need to send with Snappermail or another mail program. Good luck.
  5.    #5  
    I can send video within a MMS it just isn't received the other end. Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem as it would be awesome to capture a quick video and MMS it to a friend.
    Are you trying to send from a Sprint phone to a Cingular? If so, that's your problem. You'll need to send it to an email address.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #7  
    I am trying to send from Congular to Cingular, but I get the error message as above.
    You said you can send (with Treo 650), but, the other end's cell phone (what model is it?) cannot receive.

Have you tried to send the video MMS to yourself?
  9.    #9  
    xwaiz , thanks for your interest. I have tried to send MMS to an exactly the same Cingular Treo 650, but he got the message:

"One or more of the message components have been deleted by MMS Adaption. Either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for your terminal."

I have also tried sending an MMS to myself but I get the same message. As I previously mentioned, Cingular had no idea why I was getting this message and in fact they didn't even know if Cingular supported MMS! As the Cingular Treo manual clearly describes sending video in a MMS surely it is supported?
    I am having the same problem and get the same error message when trying to receive video mms. Is this universal or can anyone else receive mms video on their treo 650
    I have the same problem let me know if you find a solution. I am waiting for palm one to solve problem.
    It's a network issue, whichever network your all on has an error in it's content adaption table, the network sees the handset you are logged on with and the table wrongly excludes .3gp as incompatible for the handset type. Or as the error says, the video format being sent is incompatible with the Treo. If your all on the same network though it will be content adaption. Ring their Tech Support and tell them that there is an error in their content adaption table, the handset(T650) is .3gp compatible, they may advise on a WAP gateway size limit and possibly provide an http port in place of wsp.
    I have the same problem. has it been resolved for you guys ? I have taked to the cingular rep and she said they were going to fix it, but that was a month ago. I still get the same error..
    Problem still unsolved. I have talked to palm one and they are supposedly working on the problem. I am in the las vegas area. What area are you in?
    Whenever I try to attach a video to a MMS I get this message from my Treo 650:

Message Too Large
    You can only send video files smaller than 100KB. Please select another file or record a new video.

How does one send a video that is longer than just a few seconds?! Thanks.