Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    DrWowe:
    Any chance you are going to come up with a prc for the new VZW 650's? Please!!!
    I created a custom ROM 3 with BT dun patch installed (into ROM). I would like to use your DrWowe DUN patch.I'm not sure how or which files to remove from PalmOS Ace ROM and which PRCs to add back to get the original BT Manager so I can install the DrWowe YAHM and BT DUN.
    Please advise.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by jandrion
    I created a custom ROM 3 with BT dun patch installed (into ROM). I would like to use your DrWowe DUN patch.I'm not sure how or which files to remove from PalmOS Ace ROM and which PRCs to add back to get the original BT Manager so I can install the DrWowe YAHM and BT DUN.
    Please advise.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Good question.
    does dr. wowe's hack work for new Verizon Treo 650?
    or is anyone working on a hack for the verzion 650?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=84152

The VZW DUN hack is discussed here. Apparently Shadowmite has a version for Verizon, if you will pardon the alliteration.
    By the way, I am using Spring PCS, in case that information is needed.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    This is the hack that replaces the BT stack with a hacked one. I'm hoping for a new incarnation of DrWowe's, which is only a PRC and easily removed.
    Thanks for this hack Dr.Wowe. It works flawlessly with my Powerbook and Sprint Treo650. You and Shadowmite have really done us Treo650 users proud!
    bit_bucket
    Before my question goes forgotten. For those of us that are using a custom ROM w/ DUN changed and would like to use DrWowe's fix.
  10.    #50  
    Jandrion, what is your question? You just load up the YAHM.prc and the BtDUNHack.prc and enable the hack. There were an excellent set of instructions posted earlier by Tanster. If you already have Shadowmite's patch in your ROM, you don't need it.

For Verizon users, I recommend using Shadowmite's patch. I don't have enough time right now to investigate a fix.
    What he's asking (and I'd also like to know) is how to change Shadowmite's custom ROM BT hack back to normal so that we can try your fix. Shadowmite's isn't very stable on my 650 and I'd like to try yours instead but am not sure which hack is being used when I've got yours enabled and Shadowmite's already loaded into his custom ROM.
    Thank you 2000 Man. DrWowe, sorry about the confusion.
    Shadowmite's custom ROM has the DUN hack built into ROM already, I was wondering how do I remove Shadow's DUN hack from ROM (which files need to be removed, and which files need to be added and where can I get them, if necessary). I hope this clears up any confusion.
    Basically, I want to know how to remove Shadow's BT DUN hack from ROM because it is not in my RAM.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by jandrion
    Thank you 2000 Man. DrWowe, sorry about the confusion.
    Shadowmite's custom ROM has the DUN hack built into ROM already, I was wondering how do I remove Shadow's DUN hack from ROM (which files need to be removed, and which files need to be added and where can I get them, if necessary). I hope this clears up any confusion.
    Basically, I want to know how to remove Shadow's BT DUN hack from ROM because it is not in my RAM.
    OK, now I understand the question. The hacked file is BtManager.prc, just replace the modified version with the original. If you need more help, I suggest you post on Shadowmite's forum, that's the best place to ask questions about custom ROMs.
    This is what I posted on shadow's forum in case treocentral people don't go there.
    Shadow,
    No disrespect intended but I would like to try DrWowe's DUN fix using a YAHM. Which PRC files do I remove from the palmos.ace(?) and what do I replace them with to revert back to factory BTManager.
    I have seen the following files using ZLauncher.
    BtMan
    BtManager
    BtManager_enUS
    BtStack
    BtTransport
    BtTransport_enUS

To be clear, if I have to remove one or several of the PRC's in ROM, what should I replace them with; Is that the only item I have to address?

BTW, if the DrWowe patch doesn't work, I can just install the Shadow DUN patch in RAM rather than ROM.

Thanks.
    After it is installed, how do I make it work? I'm sure its on here somewhere if someone would be so kind as to point to the link. I use win XP not mac.
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    After 3 long days and sleepless nights, I finally found the original BTManager.prc!!

I was wondering if those techsavy out there can tell me if the BTManager from 1.03 is the same one used in 1.08 or must I spend more sleepless nights trying to track down the 1.08 BTManager?

FYI I am curious about the non-patched BTManager.

I found it as post #64 of "Dial Up Networking for Sprint - HACKED!" '
    Here's the link:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=btmanager.prc
    Quote Originally Posted by bit_bucket
    Thanks for this hack Dr.Wowe. It works flawlessly with my Powerbook and Sprint Treo650. You and Shadowmite have really done us Treo650 users proud!
    I tried it last night with my Powerbook and my Cingular Treo 650, and it works fine for me too. In contrast to Shadowmite's earlier btmanager hack, this one works without having to reboot the Treo each time, and it doesn't make the Treo wait for 10 seconds before waking up.
    Awesome! I couldn't get Shadowmite's hack to work for me (it did in the past though). But when I followed the simple steps noted in the first post of this thread I was up and running in no time.

Thanks!
    My Bluetooth Dun worked for a long time on the road real well, until Cingular did the AT&T thing, and now I keep getting disconnected, or never connected. Any ideas? I have tried the ideas I used a couple of years ago with resetting the mac and the palm a few times, etc. web still works on the palm so the password, etc should be the same, but i cant figure it out. I just want to get my email on my computer and do a few other things quickly on the road. Any help is appreciated.
    None of the Hacks
    \1) shadowmite
    2) phone interface library
    3) BT dunk hatch work for palm centro.....

sad....
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast