Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Lil Red Spider's Time Manager Pad (TMP) is out of beta as of this morning and available for purchase ($16.95) at:

http://lilredspider.com/TMP/index.html

Interesting bit of weirdness. I had TMP (beta) on card. When I installed the released version, I forgot to move it back to memory which usually results in duplicate copies (one on card and one in memory) as well as the program moving from where I placed it to the "Unfiled " category. Looked on Treo and new TMP was still in correct category and was still on card, albeit now reading 1.0 in about box.
    JackNaylorPE

Any noticeable differences in the beta and v1.0?

Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3.    #3  
    Not that I have noticed.

The following is from the Lil rede Spider site

"The initial TMP v.1.0 release does not have any new enhancements over the beta. It incorporates fixes for bugs discovered during the beta, but otherwise has the same feature set. There is one exception - see TMP and the new PIM Applications above.

The next release, v.1.1, is planned to have create and edit capability for tasks. "
    Does this app have support for the 5-way? Can't seem to find that on the site. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    Does this app have support for the 5-way? Can't seem to find that on the site. Thanks
    I believe that might be included in the next version.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Not that I have noticed.

The following is from the Lil rede Spider site

"The initial TMP v.1.0 release does not have any new enhancements over the beta. It incorporates fixes for bugs discovered during the beta, but otherwise has the same feature set. There is one exception - see TMP and the new PIM Applications above.

The next release, v.1.1, is planned to have create and edit capability for tasks. "
    Tks JackNaylorPE.

I went to the site and got the info.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    TMP certainly has an attractively simple and straight-forward interface that makes it easy to understand what's going on. I would like meeting start times to be bolded and/or a little larger to make them easier to see. The 5-way works just fine, allowing easy scrolling (L/R is entry by entry, U/D is page by page, center switches to selection mode with U/D now going entry by entry and another center going down into the detals screen). TMP does not show or allow access to the entire Location field, whih is a strong need of mine (see separate thread on this elsewhere ). Note also that you must have the old-format ToDoDB database available for it to work (which you have have deleted, but is normally restored again after soft reset unless you have gone to extra measures to keep them dead). The docs say it accesses the new format Calendar but not ToDo list. Most of the interface is "one-hand-thumb-enabled" except for the splitter control and Tsk/Cal buttons, which are tough to hit without the stylus.
    :menu:TreoLawrence
    Samsung I300 -> Treo 650 (Cin)
    If there is an event note associated w/the appt, does the "event note" icon appear with the appt?

Tks in advance
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    ...does the "event note" icon appear with the appt?
    There are no icons at all on the main screen - and that is kind-of the attraction and point of the whole application (no clutter)! You can access Event Notes from the Details screen, but this is via a button on that screen and so this could obviously be enhanced by using an icon here to show you if there is a note present or not. Right now you cannot tell without looking, whih is a slow-down.
    I've been running the beta, which will expire soon. I was planning to purchase it as a compliment to Agendus for when I want a very quick look at my schedule. But wow, $17 is a lot for that functionality (which is all I'd use it for).

What do others thing of the $17 price tag?
  11.    #11  
    Personally, I think the $16.95 is a but 2 thing made me cough up the bucks:

1) I use PowerUp to have that screen pop up 1st every time the screen comes on....so i see ita alot. And seeing a lot of the alternatives is annoying.

2) The developer seems dedicated to the platform, and this app could serve as a noce tie on to 'plug in" apps so I figure we'll all be better off if this thing gets off the ground. Anything not to be assaulted with big in your face colored icons and a screen full of clutter.
    I become so use to paying or donating about $10, I would have thought it to be closer to $10 than $16.95. But I really love this app & look at it first when ever I fire up my Treo. So I'm gonna pop for it.
    When does the beta expire?
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 04/06/2005 at 06:16 AM.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Greetings,

At the risk of getting a good roasting I thought I'd pop my head in here and answer to some of the questions.

Thanks for the positive comments. I won't try to defend the price position, only to say that I hope to be enhancing TMP for a long while.

In its current form TMP was more than six months (and I'll leave it at that..) in the making and I felt that I would rather release it early and get user feedback, than put in everything I wanted, release it a year later and find that no-one else found all those features I put in useful.

Stylus free operation is very high on the list of needs. But before even that, comes task creation/editing. To avoid the issues with the Data Manager patch I am also converting it to work directly with the Tasks (PTod) database. Other 'needs' high on the list are the per-item note/alarm/repeat icons, support for categories and icons in general.

So TMP v.1.1 will primarily have task creation and editing added. Beyond that, the other must-haves will come if not in that release then in the following ones (not necessarily all together in one release).

Regards,
    SAkp
    LilRedSpider.com
    Last edited by SAkp; 04/07/2005 at 07:56 PM.
    TurboTiger - the beta expires today April 6, but the v.1.0 trial download is on the site .

Regards,
    SAkp
    Quote Originally Posted by SAkp
    TurboTiger - the beta expires today April 6, but the v.1.0 trial download is on the site .

Regards,
    SAkp
    Simon,

Do we have to unistall the beta before installing 1.0?

edit: Here's the answer to my own question taken from the TMP v1.0 readme file:

"(b) Upgrade

If you are running the beta version, simply install the new TMP.prc
    over the beta version."
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 04/06/2005 at 07:01 AM.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by SAkp
    Greetings,

So TMP v.1.1 will primarily have task creation and editing added. Beyond that, the other must-haves will come if not in that release then in the following ones (not necessarily all together in one release).

[/URL]
    What, no Lil Red Spider to replace Joni Mitchell's vehicle ? That refers to the "Big / Little Yellow Taxi" from the easter egg for you non-hippies.
    I popped for the app and just received my reg code #.

FYI It accepted my reg code # and acknowledged it.
    However, when I tried to access the Preferences, the Trial Period reminder kept coming up. A soft reset resolved that.
    Great app.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I have installed and used both TMP and 2day and have ended up putting my money on 2day. I really like the spartan TMP user interface, but for me the point of a Treo is dialing stuff you see on the screen, and 2day has very cool number selection and rapid dialing and works well with TAKEphONE from the same vendor that has now replaced all use of the Palm Phone app for me. (I won't also talk here about my fetish for using the Location field.) I shall keep watching to see how TMP evolves over time - it's a good choice for those who love the interface.
    I love TMP
    Trialed it and loved the clean, simplistic look but punted because:
    1. I cannot DPAD down from the calendar into the Task portion of the display and don't want to have to pull the stylus just to get down to the task list.
    2. Cannot edit tasks in the task list.
    3. No contact lookup/insert feature.
    4. Cannot dial directly or launch web link from the meeting or to-do item.

Opted for 2day but limited the buzzes/whistles for cleaner interface and faster operation. In tandem with TAKEphONE, they are my most frequently used applications.

I think many people will be happy to see this app because there are way too many overbloated calendar/to-do apps out there and this one fits the easy-bill. I'm also watching MonthPlanner VERY closely whereas they are coming out with Treo DPAD support as well as a lookup function that will either tap the existing contact db or their "new" one to be designed. http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=52120
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast