Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I am having a problem with keyshades and PopMe. Popme is an extension app for Bugme. When I press the side button for keyshades, Popme takes a screenshot and places the picture in Bugme for editing. I know it is a Bugme problem, but do you know of any other way to fix this problem?
    Thanks
  2.    #62  
    Does PopMe respond immediately when you press the side button?

If so, the workaround that I have in mind for Blazer's use of the side button as a back button would probably work for PopMe, too. But implementing it is not really high on my priorities right now, and I doubt I'll get to it anytime in the near future.

You may be better served by KBLightsOff, since it offers a choice of triggers.

[edit] Actually, there's another possiblity. Using FieldPlus or something like it that allows the Command bar to be popped up, you don't need PopMe at all to take screencaps. Just use the BugMe icon in the Command bar.
    Last edited by doomsey; 05/15/2005 at 04:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Wow, you must be kidding. My 650 produces overcontrasted, poorly focused, overly saturated shots with no real look the the picture at all, looks almost like it's been ran through an 'artistic' filter in Photochop.
    Nope, not kidding. There's a huge quality difference betwen what you see on the screen and what you can save as a jpeg nd print.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    Does PopMe respond immediately when you press the side button?

If so, the workaround that I have in mind for Blazer's use of the side button as a back button would probably work for PopMe, too. But implementing it is not really high on my priorities right now, and I doubt I'll get to it anytime in the near future.

You may be better served by KBLightsOff, since it offers a choice of triggers.

[edit] Actually, there's another possiblity. Using FieldPlus or something like it that allows the Command bar to be popped up, you don't need PopMe at all to take screencaps. Just use the BugMe icon in the Command bar.
    Thanks for the reply. I like keyshades better than kblightsoff so I will probably just use zlaunchers command bar and use the bugme icon.
    Maybe I can get Bugme to change the timer in their Popme app, who knows.
  5.    #65  
    I have a new version of keyshades up at http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm/ke...1.1b2-BETA.zip that should improve keyshade's compatibility with other applications that it previously had problems with -- for example, Blazer and BugMe/PopMe mentioned above.

It's working for me, but I'm calling it a beta because this version does a lot more internally than the previous version, and although these changes are intended to solve compatibility problems, they may cause more. But I've had a few positive reports from people who I've explicitly pointed at it, and I figure it wouldn't hurt to have a wider audience look at the new version.

If you choose to try it, let me know how it works for you.
    Any way to have keyshades not just be an on-off but control the intensity of KB lights as well (in sequence, say off-low-medium-high-off when pressing the side button)..?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Any way to have keyshades not just be an on-off but control the intensity of KB lights as well (in sequence, say off-low-medium-high-off when pressing the side button)..?
    No way to do that, sorry.

Rumor has it that a future version of the GSM firmware will connect the keyboard backlight brightness to the screen brightness, though.
    is there any possiblity that you can just add a setting to the Preferences to turn the light on or off by checking a box?

If the box gets checked then the Keyboard lights turn off and the side button is not used. Otherwise it works as it does currently.

Many of us would just appreciate an app that turns them off period, though there are those RARE ocasions when you do need to see the lights.

With the new Sprint update KB lights dim with screen, and all is good.

-SB
    T650 - it will terminate itself!!
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I really like keyshades because it doesn't have a icon to bother with.
  10.    #70  
    I'm not going to make a new version of keyshades with a pref panel.

I do have a second version of keyshades on my web site - kslight - that turns the keyboard lights off when the Treo resets, and toggles the state of the keyboard lights when its icon is tapped.
    It can be downloaded at http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm.

Another option is KBLightsOff (http://www.lilapps.com/). It also isn't a pref panel, but when you run it, it has boxes to tap to turn the keyboard lights on and off. So it might suit your desires better as well.
    Any chance of you working on a Volume Care version of your own- just curious b/c the treo cost 600, and i've already spent a ton on software and accessories, I know it's only 9 bucks but every little bit helps.

BTW, i was a kblightsoff but have converted to keyshades, thanks.
    I think keyshades is perfect. Don't bloat it with a bunch of extra stuff like dimming the lights, and I don't want an icon.

Just my $0.02.
    I'm not going to make a new version of keyshades with a pref panel.

I do have a second version of keyshades on my web site - kslight - that turns the keyboard lights off when the Treo resets, and toggles the state of the keyboard lights when its icon is tapped.
    It can be downloaded at http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm.

Another option is KBLightsOff (http://www.lilapps.com/). It also isn't a pref panel, but when you run it, it has boxes to tap to turn the keyboard lights on and off. So it might suit your desires better as well.
    Definitely DON'T install Keyshades Lite on a 600. Endless reset when you touch the icon, only a hard reset does the fix.
    Shneor
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    Definitely DON'T install Keyshades Lite on a 600. Endless reset when you touch the icon, only a hard reset does the fix.
    As it says in the info page, keyshades and keyshades light are intended for the Treo 650 only.

You don't need to do a hard reset to get out, though. A warm reset (i.e., one in which the processing at startup is disabled) will break out of the loop. You do this by holding down the Up button on the 5-way nav and hitting the reset button. Continue holding down the Up button until the Palm logo appears.
    As it says in the info page, keyshades and keyshades light are intended for the Treo 650 only.

You don't need to do a hard reset to get out, though. A warm reset (i.e., one in which the processing at startup is disabled) will break out of the loop. You do this by holding down the Up button on the 5-way nav and hitting the reset button. Continue holding down the Up button until the Palm logo appears.
    Tried that yesterday several times before the hard reset. It did not break out of the reset loop.

Keyshades works fine on my 600.
    Shneor
  16.    #76  
    Strange.

A warm reset should have broken out of the reset loop; I only hook the reset launch code and normal application launch in kslight, and the warm reset skips the reset launch code.

I also can't think of any reason whatsoever why kslight would crash and keyshades would not. Palmone's documentation seems to indicate that the API that keyshades uses isn't even supported by the Treo 600, so I would have expected both to cause reset loops on a 600.
    Doomsey,

When you Reset the Net Libs, is it possible to list out all the open sockets & any information about them? Like which app opened it, the destination IP address or port, etc.? Several of us would like to be able to diagnose the apps that are socket-hogs.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234