1.    #1  
    I really don't expect too much from the Treo 650 camera, but this sure lives up to my (lowest) expectations.

Aside from the muddy contrast, I cannot see any fine details (allowing for the resolution) and every picture looks out of focus. This is my second Treo 650, and the first was the same, so I've presumed it was inherent to the camera. Do most find the camera is perpetually "out of focus"?

My other problem, is that about 75% of the photos have a green line about 20% down from the top, again this happend on both Treos. It's visible on the Treo, and when synched back to the PC. I presume it is noise. Anyone else see this?

Lastly, the compression is way high on these photos (understandably). In vain hope - any way to tweak the compession to a lower level for situations where memory is not an issue?
    I glad I'm not the only one that has seen the "green line(s)"(looks black to me) I was gonna take mine back for a replacement cause I thought somthin was wrong with the camera.
    STAR TAC w/TIMPORT ORGANIZER>I300>I330>TREO600>TREO650>TREO700>TREO755P
    I've returned two for camera problems. The first for the green lines, the second because the focus was sharp on one side, and soft on the other.
    Definitely defects. Get a swap out.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    The one time my camera was generating horizontal green lines in the pictures, a soft reset fixed it.
    Kenji
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballXL5
    Lastly, the compression is way high on these photos (understandably). In vain hope - any way to tweak the compession to a lower level for situations where memory is not an issue?
    " Qset "
    qset works on the 650?
    I have the two first issues as well, it's interminttent though. The compression I can live with, it's 640 x 480.
    Latest moBlog shot:
    qset does *not* work on the 650
    I had the green line problem the 2nd day I had my Treo. I must say that I was upset. However, a soft reset fixed the problem and I have not seen a green line again.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobius314
    I had the green line problem the 2nd day I had my Treo. I must say that I was upset. However, a soft reset fixed the problem and I have not seen a green line again.
    Thanks all for the info. Soft reset does "fix" the problem. But it can't be permanent because I've had this Treo for over a couple of weeks, and as you can imagine, there have been some resets over this period.

Reviews say Qset doesn't work with the 650. I guess that is one for the developers. The original author is "unknown" .

I'm a little nervous about sending this 650 back, because otherwise this unit is reasonably well behaved, compared to my first one (not too many resets, lockups, dropped calls, etc).

Thanks all.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobius314
    Be careful what you say... I said the same thing in this thread and it jinxed me!
    pxa clocker can cause distortion.
    I found that quickly submerging my Treo 650 into freshly used toilet water helped with the green line issue, but did product some brown spotting in some places.
    I just took my first picture after installing the Sprint 1.08 update, and I now get the green line. I didn't have it before the update. A soft reset helped a little, but it was still there. I have had no other problems with this 650. Are there any ideas on a fix?
    Zane
    I have the green line thing too, I got it in like 5 pictures in a row all with green lines. But then agian I've taken like 30 other pictures with no problems. The focus/quality/contrast is pretty crappy, but what do you expect? To me its not really a "feature" of the phone, its just a function.