1.    #1  
    When I did the update for the cingular 64k sim, I noticed that I now have 2 GPRS Profiles in Network Preferences. I can't delete it because it says it's been pre-installed by my mobile service provider... etc. It's not that big of deal but I just don't like have 2 of the same thing Any ideas how to get rid of one of them??
    Probably a file that you need FILEZ to delete.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  3.    #3  
    i have that but i do not know which file it is? anyone know? im thinking it might be networkprofiles2 but i dont wanna delete something by accident
    ditto. help pls!
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Yes, it's the network profiles pdb, if you want to double check use the search feature, there's a few posts about it in here.

I've had the same thing happen to me, when I had four sets I decided to search and find the answer.
    Khaytus: You deleted the network profiles pdb? Did the 3 default profiles show up after?
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by crenshaw
    Khaytus: You deleted the network profiles pdb? Did the 3 default profiles show up after?
    Don't delete the file, just edit it:
    1. Launch FileZ, select NetworkDB and choose Edit from the menu.
    2. The records are numbered such that the first one is "0".
    3. Select the first record and tap View
    4. The name of the profile should appear somewhere on the right side of the window; if this isn't one of your GPRS records, go to the next one.
    5. Your two duplicated records should be listed together; after you find the first one, back out and check the next one. If it's the duplicate, back out, highlight it and tap Delete.
    I turned off the phone, deleted the pdb file, turned the phone back on, and the original ones (from the sim card programming) were back..

However, if you have OTHER manually entered profiles in there, you'll want to follow the suggestion of editing the file.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I turned off the phone, deleted the pdb file, turned the phone back on, and the original ones (from the sim card programming) were back..

However, if you have OTHER manually entered profiles in there, you'll want to follow the suggestion of editing the file.
    True. That is indeed the reason that I chose to edit the file: I've added a network connection for what some around here call, "reverse DUN".
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Don't delete the file, just edit it:
    1. Launch FileZ, select NetworkDB and choose Edit from the menu.
    2. The records are numbered such that the first one is "0".
    3. Select the first record and tap View
    4. The name of the profile should appear somewhere on the right side of the window; if this isn't one of your GPRS records, go to the next one.
    5. Your two duplicated records should be listed together; after you find the first one, back out and check the next one. If it's the duplicate, back out, highlight it and tap Delete.
    You the man! It worked! Thanks!

Didn't know Filez could do that...