1.    #1  
    Am I missing something or has palmOne shafted me. First of all this only will affect a small number or people:
    (1) Those who own a Unlocked Treo and have not gotten service with a carrier
    (2) Those who swap SIM cards between the Treo 650 and other phone

I am the option 2 example.

I have a Bluetooth enabled PC and regularly surf the web via my PC from the Treo 650. I had to give my SIM card to my wife (to use in my old Sony Ericsson T610). I can not surf the web in the Blazer web browser because there is no SIM card inserted. This is crazy.

I can retrieve my email via VersaMail but cannot surf the web.

I loaded WebPro 3 (hacked for Treo) and it works but it hangs up the Treo 650 on exit of the WebPro app for some reason. It hangs with a White screen and I have to soft reset (or remove and reinsert battery) to recover.

Is this an issue with the Sprint Treo 650 or just the GSM ones?
    Has anyone found a work around so I can surf on the device without a SIM card present?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Have you tried setting up a new Connection of "PC via Bluetooth" and then a new Network that uses the new PC->Bluetooth Connection? This can all be done in Prefs using Connections and then Network. Not sure it'll work but might be worth a try.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Have you tried setting up a new Connection of "PC via Bluetooth" and then a new Network that uses the new PC->Bluetooth Connection? This can all be done in Prefs using Connections and then Network. Not sure it'll work but might be worth a try.
    Yes, this is setup. I use it all the time; however, when the SIM card is removed, the web cannot be surfed via Blazer. Xino or Webpro works but Blazer is somehow dependent on the "phone being on" which can not occur if the SIM card is removed.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com