1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,

Im at work, so this must be brief (shhhhh.....).

After reading about the TOMTOM GPS kit for 650 here last week, I ordered it.

I was unsure which kit to order, and was told the Tungsten T3 kit would work fine with my Treo 650.

I received the kit late yesterday and opened the box. Surprise! The cradle won't work with the 650. Im sure the software will load fine (didnt get time to play with it), but Im perplexed why I was told this kit would work since it won't mount in the cradle.

Do I need to:

1.) buy some type of new cradle/cradle adapter
    or
    2.) send this kit back and get the appropriate kit ( which do I need????)

Read great reviews on the TOMTOM kit and can't wait to use it. I know you guys can answer this off the top of your head, and I honestly don't have the time to search on this board for the answer, since Im at work!

Wow, this became a longer thread than I thought....thanks anyways!

Jeff
    FTMYERS FL
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffr259
    Hi Everyone,

I was unsure which kit to order, and was told the Tungsten T3 kit would work fine with my Treo 650.

I received the kit late yesterday and opened the box. Surprise! The cradle won't work with the 650. Im sure the software will load fine (didnt get time to play with it), but Im perplexed why I was told this kit would work since it won't mount in the cradle.

Do I need to:

or

Read great reviews on the TOMTOM kit and can't wait to use it. I know you guys can answer this off the top of your head, and I honestly don't have the time to search on this board for the answer, since Im at work!

Jeff
    FTMYERS FL
    You answer is #1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffr259
    Hi Everyone,

Do I need to:

or

Jeff
    FTMYERS FL
    Look into Seidio car kit

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...=CK8AG25MTR650
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the link...

Now, the TOMTOM kit came with a bunch of cables and power harnesses to plug into their useless ( to me ) cradle. Are those cables and harnesses not really needed since Ill be using the gps with bluetooth (gps antenna) and the phone could operate off of it's battery or the Seido power adapter? Make sense?
    Send the kit back!!!

You paid lots extra for specific cradles for a PDA that you do not own and
    will absolutely not work on your Treo.

if you are buying TOM TOM Navigator 2004 (the next version tom tom 5, is just about to be released)
    (bluetooth), all you need is:

Tom Tom Navigator 2004 wireless/bluetooth for palm
    about $230 at buy.com
    click here to check it out

It comes with the bluetooth GPS and software (thats all you need).

You will also probably want a dash cradle/mount. Buy it seperately at pro-clip usa. THese mounts are highly reccommended and of very high quality.

Order your device holder and vehicle specific mount here:

pro clip usa

Another slick option is the wired GPS cradle option from seidio. You use seidios treo 650 specific advanced/powered dash mount that has wired gps and a powered speakerphone built in. The nice thing about it is that you can use a bluetooth handsfree kit and a wired GPS kit together. Also, the driving directions will be amplified through the powered seidio speaker.

here are all the seidio cradles

here is the all-in-one ready to go package from seidio (wired gps)
    2500m

For people like me, who already own the tomtom 2004 software, you can just purchase the 2500m cradle and the wired GPS. (I might be doing this in the future)
    cradle with speakerphone

seidio "permanent" wired gps that plugs right into the 2500 cradle

The good thing is that you have some options!!!

Hope this helps
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    You need the Bluetooth kit - the *software* will work fine on the Treo 650, but the 650 shares connectors with the T5, not the T3.

Bluetooth is device independent. If you need a wired version, check out Semsons or Seido.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all the info guys!

A bit unhappy, because I first opened the box and noted that the cradle wouldnt fit. I set the box down and didnt attempt to install for a day or two..too busy. Look at it finally and notice There's no manual!!! All there is is a quick start poster for putting the cradle together and a quickstart guide booklet (about 7 pages) for using the GPS. No installation/setup guide.

Ill be sending the kit back and going with one of the recs you guys gave!

Thanks for all the help!!!