1.    #1  
    With launcher replacements I always use small icons. Apparently some applications stored in ROM of my Treo 650, after being minimized by the launcher (tried ZLauncher and SilverScreen), are disappearing. That goes for Phone, Messaging, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM apps... etc. I've been trying to install additional iconsets, but only few of them contains one or two missing icons. Can anybody know how to improve it? Apparently there is no way to replace single icon from the GUI of the launcher. Maybe there is a set with all necessary icons in small size for Treo?

Thanks in advance,

Vojtek
    while u could have done a simple search and find out the solution in just a couple of minutes, u chose to start a new thread and wait for ppl to answer. not trying to be rude or mean but didn't it cross ur mind for even a sec that other users might have had the same problem and this issue could have been discussed before?

anyways... in zlauncher when u uncheck "zoom icons", the system icons disappear. there seem to be no lo-res icons for the system icons, maybe a zlauncher shortcoming.

there was a thread abt it by where the user created an iconset which would help resolve the problem. just click on the link below and install the iconset, and select it under zlauncher > themes manager.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...+missing+icons
    this did not fix the problem for me either ...
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bishop
    this did not fix the problem for me either ...
    You have to make sure after installing the new icon set that you go Zlauncher Theme Manager and select the new icons in order for them to work.
  5.    #5  
    viper, migs,

thans for nothing. I've seen this article. after installing this iconset and selecting it in theme manager, still six icons are missing (camera, SIM book, SIM services, bluetooth,... etc.)

i'm still looking for something that works.

vojtek
    "Thanks for nothing" ??? Wow, nice! It seems that if you had read through the entire thread, you would have seen that the iconset was created for the Sprint 650 and thus some of the icons on the GSM model would still be missing. As it is, you should be displaying many more of the icons with the iconset, then without.

Further, if you had looked around, there were pointers on how to take the existing iconset and add the 6 needed icons to it to fully complete the set for your GSM 650.

Of course, I don't know why I am even attempting to point this out when you have displayed considerable ungratefulness to the previous posters, but then call me nice, I like to help...

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    "Thanks for nothing" ??? Wow, nice! It seems that if you had read through the entire thread, you would have seen that the iconset was created for the Sprint 650 and thus some of the icons on the GSM model would still be missing. As it is, you should be displaying many more of the icons with the iconset, then without.

Further, if you had looked around, there were pointers on how to take the existing iconset and add the 6 needed icons to it to fully complete the set for your GSM 650.

Of course, I don't know why I am even attempting to point this out when you have displayed considerable ungratefulness to the previous posters, but then call me nice, I like to help...

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Cheers
    matty: thanks for your help in the past, I know it has helped me!

What I think vojtek11 was responding to was the condescending manner in which viper posted his response......even though he indicated he wasn't trying to be rude or mean, it came out that way just the same...isn't it amazing how delivery changes everthing in a conversation.
    agreed! sorry I took out the harsh stick myself...seems like everytime I bring it out, I end up regretting it and this time is no different...I really oughta just trade it in for a sickeningly sweet stick.....

My apoligies for the ungrateful barb...let me know if I can be of any help...

Cheers
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    matty: thanks for your help in the past, I know it has helped me!

What I think vojtek11 was responding to was the condescending manner in which viper posted his response......even though he indicated he wasn't trying to be rude or mean, it came out that way just the same...isn't it amazing how delivery changes everthing in a conversation.
    i think if he was upset by my post in particular then he definitely would have mentioned it. ppl seem to be pretty vocal here as it is....

my post might have been slightly abrasive but it was not without reason. and it's not like i said something rude and then asked him to use the "search" button as most guys here do. i did point him towards the solution (thanx for the iconset matty) !! i just wanted to help this guy and also try that the next time he wants something he atleast make an effort to search for it... my mistake!
    Viper, I don't think you were rude. It just seems its not possible to ask someone (anyone) to do a search before posting a question without it seeming rude. I think the real task is for people to take that suggestion in stride, especially when the one making the suggestion also provides information, as you did.
    I tried using silverscreen and I am also getting some empty icons. I think it's a Treo problem and not a Z Launcher problem.