View Poll Results: How happy are you with your Treo 650?

Voters
335. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Happy

191 57.01%
  • Happy

93 27.76%
  • On the fence

30 8.96%
  • Unhappy

5 1.49%
  • Very Unhappy

11 3.28%
  • Not sure yet

5 1.49%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Rat
    It's now Day 60 with my Cingular T650 and definitely just the right tool for my Real Estate business.

Yes I have NO problems with:

Daily resets
    Memory overloads (8 megs left in internal memory, 513m in 1 gig card)
    Reset loops
    Sticky "P" keys
    Slow app. switching
    Echo
    Speakerphone Low volume
    Bluetooth volume (HBH660 with Jabra eargel is the way to go!)
    Dropped calls

So eat your heart out TundyCentral!!!!!!!

(Mine is quite stable probably because of limited and carefully selected 3rd party apps in my Treo 650 - ZLauncher, Dtbk5, Pocket Tunes, Kinoma, MVoice,Takephone, Splash Photo & ID, Bob's Alarm)
    Same here Treo Rat (although I prefer the Cardo Scala 500 bluetooth headset - I hate the feel of anything in my ear).

tundy - where are all those signers of the great "I hate PalmOne" petition?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I'm very happy with the treo but somewhat unsatisfied with Palm software, esp file management.
  3.    #23  
    219 responses so far and over 86% are at least "happy". Over 60% are "very happy".

Notice how the people who discredit this poll's results never make a poll of their own that offers a positive option. They never want to admit that the greater majority of T650 owners really do enjoy this device and are very happy with it.

To anyone facing reset issues, please see:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=76198

Made for Cingular users but helpful to anyone with a T650.
    Hey, leave poor tundy alone. this guy gets ripped on every other thread. at leastlay off a bit so it's every 4th or 5th thread.

The responses look good - I'm up in the very happy.The phone really is great.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    RESETS are pervasive on the TREO 650... and should be completely unnaceptable... Why do we put up with it?

Yechh.

DO NOT BUY the TREO 650. That is my new mantra after going through countless issues on the 300, 600 and 650. It is Palm's high-school science project. I give it a D.

Feh... It stinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoidal@mac.com
    RESETS are pervasive on the TREO 650... and should be completely unnaceptable... Why do we put up with it?
    We don't. We fix it. We remove older misbehaving apps. We update the firmware. We troubleshoot until we find the cause or determine the hardware is bad and get a new one.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    We don't. We fix it. We remove older misbehaving apps. We update the firmware. We troubleshoot until we find the cause or determine the hardware is bad and get a new one.
    I did all of those fixes. I removed ALL software except the original that came with the sprint 650. I deleted... updated... complained... rebooted... backed up... stacked up... racked up... and so on. ROMs from PALM suck. I'm getting 10 to 20 resets a day with virginal settings.

And... I shouldn't have to go to shadowmite for a palm problem.

Though, bearing all of this in mind, I suppose one could make the argument that a company reserves the right to improve their product. It only took apple 20 years. In 20 years I'll check out the TREO 2025. Hopefully, it won't be buggy and cause my cold-fusion-powered hover-vehicle to reboot... in flight.

Still I say.... yechhh to PalmOne and to myself for buying treo 300's, 600's and 650's. My last good palm product was the palm3.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoidal@mac.com
    I did all of those fixes. I removed ALL software except the original that came with the sprint 650. I deleted... updated... complained... rebooted... backed up... stacked up... racked up... and so on. ROMs from PALM suck. I'm getting 10 to 20 resets a day with virginal settings...
    Then you have bad hardware. Period. A clean Treo with no software and without having synced at all should work as a phone. If it doesn't, then nothing, nothing, nothing you can do afterwards is going to fix it. Troubleshooting or testing out hacks and custom ROMs is just going to make it worse.

The Cingular 650 had a problem with some versions of its SIM, and it would misbehave with "virginal" settings (is that a word? ) It was either a bad SIM or some bad firmware interacting with one brand of SIM which has since been corrected. On Sprint I can tell you there are tons of people using their Treos without resetting, so that would be the first thing I would suggest - use it out of the box without even connecting it to a PC - only as a phone. If it resets, return it. Simple. If the thing won't work right out of the box clean, then its not worth it trying to screw with the virginal settings... (you see, I HAD to go there... )
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    love my treo 650. But I went with the 'happy' vote. I love the screen, keyboard,bluetooth and the semi-new software. but the memory issue is still a big deal. Maybe I would go with very happy if the 1.08 GSM actually fixes the memory issue. Other than memory, I love it.
    Very happy here. My wife showed up with it yesterday as a birthday present. I've been playing with it, loaded the 1.08 update...no problems so far.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Unlocked GSM, have had resets infrequently. Maybe four times since I've had it. Sync w/Mac & Winblows. When I switched from Cingular Blue to Orange, at midnight the phone.app would reset...but switched back to Cingular Blue (AT&T) and things are just fine.
  12.    #32  
    Almost 300 votes. Good to see so many happy people.

To the unhappy, I hope your issues are one day resolved .
    i am not the happiest ever, but i have not tried any of the fixes for this phone, so i can't complain just yet. i just got a new computer, and i plan on installing all the fixes sometime soon.
    I'm very happy with my verizonized 650. Only two minor gripes from me. I'd really like a native palmos pdf reader, and I'd like brightness control for the keyboard lights. I'll get by with kblights for now, but there's no good workaround for the pdf reader.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12