Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was a little confused by the blue nomad site: what is the difference btn bbVFS and backupbuddy? I want to be able to back uo to my SD card and my desktop when I sync.

Does anyone have experience with BB? I have a trial version of it right now and it seems to work better for me that backupman. what do you recommend?

Also, I saw on their site a program called cruisecontrol (a program to enhance the treo's speed) for free. anyone used this?
    backupbuddy bvf pro(backs to sd card and I highly recommend)

backup buddy (desktop application)
  3.    #3  
    DT, did you mean backupbuddyVFS? Assuming that you did, do you also have the backupbuddy that backs up to you computer everytime you sync? It looks like the VFS version only backs up to the SC card (which I definately want) but it'd be nice to also have it backup to my computer in case I lose my treo or it is stolen (God forbid).
    sorry...yes, vfs. i'm all thumbs. no I don'3 have the desktop version, it has a strong following though.

and yes...vfs is for the sd card
    And I highly recommend the Professional edition of VFS as you can schedule your backups and do advanced restores (has come in handy a multiple of times!!!).
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    I'd suggest the "bundle" for $34.95. It gives you BOTH backUp Buddy Pro and BackUpBuddy VFS Pro

Download at http://store.yahoo.com/bluenomad/baandbabu.html
  7.    #7  
    do you use the bundle (both programs)?
    I bought the bundle. BBVFS (backup to SD card) worked fine the 2-3 times I needed to restore my entire system from it.

However, the 3 times I tried to restore from BB (the PC version), I got endless resets after the restore process.

I have now removed BB(PC) from my system. This way I get 2 ways of backups: BBVFS to the SD card and PalmOne backup conduit to backups to the PC. Installing BB(PC) replaces the standard PalmOne Backup conduit.

I also learned recently (Cingular firmware update) that often the firmware update process requires the PalmOne BU conduit during the flashing process. So, IMO, it is good to backup two different ways.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Okeydokey i have come to the conclusion I should purchase a backup program as it does happen that my unit will erase all my preferences on its own, and reconfiguring is kinda annoying

now I plan on going with Backupbuddy Pro for sure...but I'm confused, and even reading this thread I am still confused. There is VFS and no VFS. Now I have a Treo 650, and after reading both the features on the bluenomad website it still doesnt answer my questions.

Main thing i want to be able to do is to recover from my SD card

now what is the difference, what should i get, and can someone please hit me, IM SO CONFUSED!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo

now what is the difference, what should i get, and can someone please hit me, IM SO CONFUSED!!

say it with me V F S
    Okeydokey i have come to the conclusion I should purchase a backup program as it does happen that my unit will erase all my preferences on its own, and reconfiguring is kinda annoying

now I plan on going with Backupbuddy Pro for sure...but I'm confused, and even reading this thread I am still confused. There is VFS and no VFS. Now I have a Treo 650, and after reading both the features on the bluenomad website it still doesnt answer my questions.

There are 2 versions of VFS, Lite and Pro. Lite will only let you back up and restore EVERYTRHING to your sd card. Pro will also let you back up and restore individual files.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  12.    #13  
    def. go w/ pro...
    oh I'm definately going pro. my predicament was to get backupbuddy pro or backupbuddyvfs pro. I'm trying to find out the difference :-(
  14.    #15  
    hofo,
    backupbuddy pro will back up everything to you desktop too; backupbuddyVFS will only back up to your sd card. I went with VFSpro b/c all I really need is to backup and restore from my card.
    I vote for BBVFS (the one that backs up to the SD card).

Restores from BBPro (the one that backs up to the desktop) ended up in endless resets. It also replaces the standard Palm One Backup conduit.

I prefer having BBVFS (to SD card) and Palm1 BU (to the PC) as a "belts and suspenders" approach.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I just wanted to reiterate that hte Professional edition is the only way to go.....I just had to do an advanced restore after a hard reset b/c of an infinite reset loop. If you don't want your Treo to be a paperweight spend the $$$ for BackupBuddy Professional.

Thank you Blue Nomad!!
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    oh I'm definately going pro. my predicament was to get backupbuddy pro or backupbuddyvfs pro. I'm trying to find out the difference :-(
    BOTH....I think one is $29.95, the other $19.95 or BOTH for $34.95.

BUBP backs up to your PC.....BUBPVFS backs up to your SD card. Wanna cover your arse both ways, spend the extra $5 this way you are coveredoif say your SD card pops out.
    I have both. I use BackupManager on the Sprint Treo 600 and BackupBuddy on the laptop. I also have BackupBuddy VFS but do not use it - I have BackupManager to be better.

BackupManager has a setting to backup the SD card. Incidentally, I tried v2 today and did not find it to be significantly better for my situation.

Ben
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast