Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    In the March 28th issue of Time magazine, on page 35, Sprint has a full page ad on the 650 showing an email program that does not look like Versamail. Anybody know what it is?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    How about posting a picture of the ad?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  3. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Is that legal?
    yep...or a link
    sprint business connection
  6. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I thought I knew how to post a picture here but I guess I don't. When I select "Insert Image" I get a box that says "Enter the text to be formatted". Sorry, not as smart as I thought I was.
  7. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    A little more detail would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by hub
    A little more detail would be nice.
    ????????

what do you want???

the program is

You asked what the program was, I answered. These helpless posters are tiresome.

If you want more information feel free to use the search feature to access the wealth of information that already exists on this program here.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/search.php?

Try entering "sprint business connection" in the "key word(s)" field in the above link.

Simply AMAZING!!

There's always google. Here's what google gave me...

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...ssPersonal.jsp

www.google.com

try it, it's really neat.

anything else?

Don't forget to wipe after you poo.
  9. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    ????????

what do you want???

the program is

You asked what the program was, I answered. These helpless posters are tiresome.

If you want more information feel free to use the search feature to access the wealth of information that already exists on this program here.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/search.php?

Try entering "sprint business connection" in the "key word(s)" field in the above link.

Simply AMAZING!!

There's always google. Here's what google gave me...

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...ssPersonal.jsp

www.google.com

try it, it's really neat.

anything else?

Don't forget to wipe after you poo.
    Oh, if we could all be as smart as you!
    Quote Originally Posted by hub
    Oh, if we could all be as smart as you!
    That's OK, I understand. That's why I dumbed it down for you.

If you're still confused just let me know

and just so you know this thread should be in this forum...

communications
    Dutch, do you have to be sarcastic and condescending in every thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77
    I can only hope so, it really makes for some really funny reads. Of course, it's been known to upset the children who require being spood-fed and hand-held to the information.

I personally love a forum saturated with repetitive posts, issues, and general lack of any sign of intelligence.

Can someone tell me what Google is? I hear it's like two or three Internets together, in the same room!
    Once again I feel compeled to actualy answer a question. In the time it took dutch to write all that he could have answered the question:

Sprint Business connection:
    It is offered by sprint, and comes free with the business vision plan (basicly you give up a $5 or $10 credit) It allows access to corp email via an applet that sits on a pc on the corp domain. I use it exclusivley for my corp email. While I am not sure it is "true" push, it does give a damn good impression if not. The only down side is that you have to have a PC on at the office with the app running. In my case, I have to have a PC with Notes set up for me on at all times. Not that bad for me since I work in a lab environment, and have multiple pcs I use. One just happens to be left on every night (opps!)
    It offers calander and task support, but you can not edit the calander on the treo, and I have not played with tasks. It also offers one other nifty feature. You can set it up to allow you to browse a local folder on the PC running the app. This is to allow it to attach files etc. I use this to and it is pretty nifty.
    Hope this helps hub...
    Quote Originally Posted by acampa01
    Once again I feel compeled to actualy answer a question. In the time it took dutch to write all that he could have answered the question:

It is offered by sprint, and comes free with the business vision plan (basicly you give up a $5 or $10 credit) It allows access to corp email via an applet that sits on a pc on the corp domain. I use it exclusivley for my corp email. While I am not sure it is "true" push, it does give a damn good impression if not. The only down side is that you have to have a PC on at the office with the app running. In my case, I have to have a PC with Notes set up for me on at all times. Not that bad for me since I work in a lab environment, and have multiple pcs I use. One just happens to be left on every night (opps!)
    It offers calander and task support, but you can not edit the calander on the treo, and I have not played with tasks. It also offers one other nifty feature. You can set it up to allow you to browse a local folder on the PC running the app. This is to allow it to attach files etc. I use this to and it is pretty nifty.
    Hope this helps hub...
    You are so kind....
    I thought DT did answer him. When someone ask me what the date is, I simply tell them. I hope I don't come across as arogant to them...Do you think they really want me to pull out some graphs and a sundial to acutally prove it?
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by acampa01

...... I use this to and it is pretty nifty.
    Hope this helps hub...

We all have our own styles...

I answered him...

sprint business connection.

I assumed (silly me) when he asked what the program was, getting the name of the program would be the answer. Riddles like this really confuse me.

I also ansered more completely than you by providing the link to the info on sprint's website.

nifty
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    You are so kind....
    I thought DT did answer him. When someone ask me what the date is, I simply tell them. I hope I don't come across as arogant to them...Do you think they really want me to pull out some graphs and a sundial to acutally prove it?
    HAHAHAHAHA
    While everyone is feeling so generous, can someone please tell me what a Treo 650 is? I hear it's like a PDA/Phone.
    What is a PDA????
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    While everyone is feeling so generous, can someone please tell me what a Treo 650 is? I hear it's like a PDA/Phone.

Is this better....

Treo 650 smartphone?

Bluetooth® Wireless
    Technology Get all you need, all in one.
    The Treo™ 650 smartphone from palmOne makes it easier than ever to stay connected. It simplifies your life by combining a compact mobile phone with email,3 an organizer, messaging, and web access.3 There’s also Bluetooth® technology so you can connect wirelessly to other Bluetooth devices. Not to mention an MP3 player,2 a digital camera that captures video, and a vibrant color screen that brings everything to life – all in a device that’s still small enough to fit in your pocket. Seems like Treo smartphones just keep getting smarter.

Already a Treo 600 owner and want to know what's new?
    Pick up a smarter phone.
    The Treo 650 smartphone looks and feels just like a phone, but it’s so much more. Carry thousands of business and personal phone numbers with you, and dial any of them by name from your contacts list. Or enter a name or number on the QWERTY keyboard. There’s even an on-screen dial pad. speakerphone, speed dial, conference calling, call history, and caller ID make managing all your calls that much easier. Available as a dual-band digital CDMA phone, and as a GSM quad-band world phone.
    Stay connected with email3 and messaging.
    The included VersaMail® email client makes it easy to access and manage your email on the go4 – whether you use a popular desktop email client, IMAP or POP3. View photos, HTML, and even native Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint attachments.5 Synchronize your corporate Microsoft Exchange email and calendar with built-in Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync®.6 Or, opt to exchange quick thoughts, ideas, and images on the fly – all from a single inbox – with the built-in text and picture messaging application. With your messages threaded in a chat-style view, you'll be able to see the entire conversation.
    Organize your entire world.
    With Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Memos and more, the Treo 650 smartphone lets you organize and simplify your business and personal life – all in one place. You can synchronize your calendar and contacts with your computer, so everything’s always up to date. Plus, if you already have a Palm Powered™ handheld or smartphone, you can transfer your information with the touch of a button. Best of all, you can expand the functions of your Treo smartphone by adding any of the thousands of applications available for Palm Powered™ devices.
    Access the Internet.3
    Access a whole world of websites – without wires. Get driving directions from the road. Check the latest headlines while waiting in line. Or download ringtones, applications and more, directly to your device. Web sites load quickly and the built-in Blazer® web browser even displays frames.
    Point. Shoot. Play.
    Optimized for multimedia, the Treo 650 does it all. Take and play your favorite tunes by transferring MP3s from your desktop.2 Or use the built-in digital camera to snap pictures and capture video and create digital photo/video albums to take on the road. Then show off your shots on a bright color screen that brings everything to life – even in sunlight. Better yet, point, shoot and share your moments instantly via email or picture messaging.3 And, with the MultiMediaCard/SD expansion slot you can add even more pictures and music, plus books, games, memory – you name it.
    Connect with Bluetooth® wireless devices.
    Talk on your headset or synchronize with your desktop7 without wires getting in the way. Or, use the Treo 650 hands and wire-free with a Bluetooth car kit. It has Bluetooth® wireless technology built-in, so you can connect with a variety of Bluetooth-enabled devices.

1 Offers vary by mobile service provider and require new service activation. Additional restrictions may apply. Price shown may be after service credit or mail-in rebate. For more details, see the special offers above.
    2 Requires an expansion card, sold separately.
    3 Email, messaging and web browsing require wireless data services from a mobile service provider at an additional cost. ISP may also be required. Pricing varies by service provider. Wireless service coverage may not be available in all areas.
    4 Email account required.
    5 Requires DataViz® Documents to Go® 7, included on the software installation CD.
    6 Requires Microsoft Exchange 2003.
    7 Computer must be equipped with Bluetooth® wireless technology.

1 Antenna
    2 Infrared Port
    For 'beaming' information and software between devices.
    3 Ringer On/Off Switch
    4 Expansion Card Slot
    For SD/MultiMediaCards.
    5 SIM Tray
    GSM/GPRS model only.
    6 Digital Camera
    7 Stylus
    8 Removable Battery
    9 Volume Button
    10 Customizable Button
    Set your own functionality.
    11 Phone Speaker
    12 320x320 Color Display
    13 Applications Button
    Quick access to all applications.
    14 Phone/Send Button
    15 Calendar Button
    Quick access to today's appt's.
    16 Menu Button
    Quick access to software menus.
    17 Power/End Button
    18 Email/Messaging Button
    19 5-Way Navigator
    For one-handed navigation.
    20 QWERTY Keyboard
    21 Phone Dial Pad
    22 Headset Jack
    23 Multi-Connector
    For charger and accessories.
    24 Microphone
    25 Status Indicator
    26 Speaker
    specifications

wireless radio
    • GSM/GPRS model: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz world phone
    • CDMA model: 800/1900 MHz nationwide digital phone

processor
    • Intel™ PXA270 312 MHz processor

memory
    • 23MB user-available stored non-volatile memory (22MB multi-lingual)
    learn more... about NVFS memory

battery
    • Removable rechargeable lithium ion battery
    • GSM/GPRS model: Up to 6 hours talk time and up to 300 hours standby time
    • CDMA model: Up to 5 hours talk time and up to 2 weeks standby time

operating system
    • Palm OS® 5.4

size
    • 4.4 x 2.3 x 0.9 inches
    • 11.3 x 5.9 x 2.3 cm

weight
    • 6.3 oz. / 178 grams

display
    • Color TFT touch-screen
    • 320 x 320 resolution
    • 16-bit color (displays over 65,000 colors)

expansion
    • Supports SD, SDIO and MultiMediaCards

audio
    • RealPlayer included – requires SD memory card, sold separately
    • Stereo audio headset compatible – requires a stereo headset adapter, sold separately, for use with standard stereo headphones

digital camera2
    • VGA with 640x480 (0.3 megapixels) resolution and automatic light balancing
    • 2x zoom
    • Self-portrait mirror
    • Captures video

additional features
    • Full backlit QWERTY keyboard with number pad
    • 5-way navigation button
    • Speakerphone
    • Polyphonic MIDI ringtones
    • Infrared port
    • External ringer on/silence switch
    • Vibrate mode
    • Stylus
    • Keyguard
    • 2.5 mm headset jack supports stereo audio
    • customizable side button
    software
    Software Included on Device or CD-ROM
    • Phone
    • Contacts
    • Calendar
    • VersaMail
    • Messaging
    • Media
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Web browser
    • RealPlayer
    • Tasks
    • Memos
    • Calculator
    • World Clock
    • HotSync® Manager
    • PalmOne™ Installation Software
    • link to Microsoft Outlook (Windows only)
    • DataViz® Documents To Go® 7
    • AudiblePlayer
    • Palm™ eReader
    • Handmark PocketExpress (trial version)
    • Zap! 2016
    • Handmark Solitaire

Visit Software Connection for additional compatible software applications, sold separately.

photo of Treo 650 retail packaging
    in the box
    • Treo 650 smartphone
    • Lithium-ion battery
    • AC charger
    • USB HotSync® cable
    • Headset
    • Software Installation CD
    • User guide

system requirements
    Windows
    •Windows 2000 or XP (later versions may also be supported) with USB port (USB HotSync® cable included)
    • CD-ROM drive

Macintosh
    • Mac OS 10.2-10.3 (later versions may also be supported) with USB port (USB HotSync® cable included)
    • CD-ROM drive

additional information
    Treo 650 Datasheet - GSM/GPRS Model
    (PDF: 302KB / 2 pages)
    Treo 650 Datasheet - CDMA Model
    (PDF: 197KB / 2 pages)
    • Warranty Information
    • Return Policy

1 Offers vary by mobile service provider and require new service activation. Additional restrictions may apply. Price shown may be after service credit or mail-in rebate. For more details, see the special offers below.
    2 The camera takes 16-bit colour pictures that are at a maximum VGA resolution of 640x480 pixels (0.3 megapixels), or 320x240 pixels in QVGA resolution. Videos are 320x240 in QVGA resolution or 176x144 in QCIF resolution for CDMA smartphones and 352x288 or 176x144 for GSM smartphones.

Set yourself free with wireless email.
    There's no need to stay stuck at your desk just to keep up with your email. The Treo™ 650 smartphone makes it easy to send and receive email messages – even work with attachments – from wherever you have wireless coverage. And getting set up is incredibly easy. So whether you're tethered to your work inbox or chained to your personal accounts, chances are there's a solution that will set you free.2

personal email
    business email
    for individual use
    business email
    for company-wide use

Get quick, easy access to personal email - EarthLink, Yahoo!Mail and more ...
    Get access to your office email – without having to go through IS/IT…
    Deploy secure, IT/IS-supported solutions that fit the way you do business…

VersaMail 3.0
    by palmOne

Sprint PCS Business Connection - Personal Edition3