1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I have a minute based GPRS plan for my new 650 and would like to have an app which ensures the data connection automatically switches off X minutes after the last piece of data was uploaded or downloaded in order to conserve my minutes. I've tried TreoHelper, TrafficStat and Minute Plus and none of them seem to do what I want. Does such an app exist or am I just not configuring one of the above correctly?

Regards

John
    Ko Samet beach & a Treo650 - the perfectly connected stress free office
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Treos have this built-in. You have to create a new GPRS connection that mirrors the one installed by your carrier. Buries in the settings is a timeout. Just set it for three minutes, after three minutes of inactivity your connection will be dropped!

T-Mobile in the US has unlimited GPRS for $19.95, and is going to Edge (236kbps!) That's the way all carriers should do it.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    Hi z3bum,

I spent 30 minutes creating a mirror connection and cannot find the "timeout" option you refer to. I have tried every little nook and cranny in every sub menu (there aren't many) and its just not there. Am I using different software to you or am I so thick that I need you to lead me to it via each menu step?

Regards

John
    Ko Samet beach & a Treo650 - the perfectly connected stress free office
    I looked on my GSM treo phone too. Could not find any setting for a GPRS timeout.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)