1.    #1  
    will the treo battery die quickly in cold weather?
    "quickly" is in the eye of the beholder. But - "quicker" - in my experience yes... Just subjective tho - I never did any scientific tests. Just seemed to die quicker outside in the winter...
    I really noticed how quickly the battery went down when I was in WA D.C. in Jan. I had about 50% left when I left my hotel and went sightseeing for 3 hours. I had to turn the phone off to save my data and thought I was going to lose all the pics I took.
  4.    #4  
    Ok I was just checking into that.
    I also think it makes a difference how 'old' your 600 is. There is a thread on replacing the 600 battery with a longer lasting battery. I may do that depending on if I choose not to upgrade to the 650. YMMV.
    I ski with my phone in my parka and the battery indicator drops steadily all day in the cold, with no use. Did it when the phone was new, too, so it's not just battery age.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all your help
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM
    I ski with my phone in my parka and the battery indicator drops steadily all day in the cold, with no use. Did it when the phone was new, too, so it's not just battery age.
    I think it is more of a indication of battery level that is off. I think if you warm the thing back up the battery power will rise again. Like the South
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular