1.    #1  
    I am just trying to find an easy way to play mp3s for my ringers and alarms on my Treo 650. I heard that mp3ringer from Toysoft would work. Now they are telling me I need to get Lightwav, aeroplayer, AND koolalarms. What is up?

Isn't there an easy, straight forward way to do this task?
    1. You need an mp3 player (most use pocket tunes from normsoft.com)
    2.you need ringer software
    a.ringo
    b.technician (www.hobbyistsoftware.com)
    c.lightwave (www.toysoft.ca you don't nee koolalarms
    d.callfilter (not updated for the 650 yet)
    I've given up on Toysoft. Lightwav just got worse and worse with each new release. I'm using Ringo until...oh that day when CallFilter ever makes its 650 debut.

You may want to look at mRing also. haven't used it, so you're on your own for that.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    Why do I need to purchase an mp3 player when the Treo already plays mp3s through Real?
    why do people ask questions and then argue about the answers
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    and people wonder why the love is gone
    poo
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    You might want to pick a ringer app and then find out which mp3 apps are supported by it.
  9.    #9  
    I am not arguing the answer, I am asking a functionality question. If Real is a part of the phone, it needs another player to work with a ringer app?
    Quote Originally Posted by mqcarpenter
    I am not arguing the answer, I am asking a functionality question. If Real is a part of the phone, it needs another player to work with a ringer app?
    Real has not released their API to developers according to user confusedvorlon, the programmer of technician, butler (www.hobbyistsoftware.com)

PocketTunes by normsoft.com has a published api and works with other developers.
  11.    #11  
    OK I will look at getting pockettunes and ringo then, yes? Thank you all
    baaaaaaaahaha. LOL. Thanks.
    Depending on how crazy you want to get with mp3 for ringtones, I understand the latest version of TreoGuard (do a search on these forums or Palmgear) has an option to assign an mp3 for a ringtone. To summarize, you'll need PocketTunes (just go buy it, you won't be sorry), and then one of the above mentioned apps or TreoGuard to make it happen. TreoGuard appears to only enable one ringtone for all rings while other apps allow you to get more creative. Try 'em all. That's why the developers allow trials. Have fun.