Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Hi, just bought a brand new Cingular Treo 650. It came pre-loaded with a bunch of Cingular numbers on the SIM address book that I'd like to remove, but I can't find a way.

The SIM Phonebook application lists all the entries, and I can add to the SIM phonebook, but there is no delete button for the existing entries. The only menu options are "Modify FDN List" and "About SIM Book".

The SIM entries also show up in the Contacts application, but I can't delete them there either. If I click on one, my options are Dial, Message, or Cancel. There is also nothing about deleting in the menus.

Maybe I'm being dense, but how do I do this?

(There's also a bookmark in Blazer for MEdia NET that I can't seem to delete. Only bookmarks that I've added have the Delete button. But that's another story. )
    You cannot get rid of the preset SIM numbers. In Contacts Prefs you can choose to not display SIM contacts. I was able to delete the ones in the Contacts app itself. I can't get rid of the MediaNet bookmark either. I was able to delete existing bookmarks using the freeware FileZ from mytreo.net.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    That helps! Thank you!
    I have the same need. Also the voicemail button can not be modified. I have one manager who has the wrong number in the VoiceMail favorite. I had to create another one with the right number and added the "V" for a shortcut activation. Can VM favorite be modified via another method?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    I have the same need. Also the voicemail button can not be modified. I have one manager who has the wrong number in the VoiceMail favorite. I had to create another one with the right number and added the "V" for a shortcut activation. Can VM favorite be modified via another method?
    i believe palm has an update for that (cingular/att only)