1.    #1  
    I am an IT director handling the treo 650 rollout. After doing the update to 6 phones, 2 have had major issues with incoming and outgoing calls. I spoke to my sprint rep who just did the update herself and is being advised from sprint engineers not to install the update due to the kinks and bugginess.

my .02 worth
    Quote Originally Posted by nywis
    I am an IT director handling the treo 650 rollout. After doing the update to 6 phones, 2 have had major issues with incoming and outgoing calls. I spoke to my sprint rep who just did the update herself and is being advised from sprint engineers not to install the update due to the kinks and bugginess.

my .02 worth
    Interesting first post. What "bugginess" was the Sprint rep referring to?
    i'm shouting...

IF THIS WERE THE CASE THE UPDATE WOULD NOT STILL BE ON PALMONE'S WEBSITE!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    i'm shouting...

IF THIS WERE THE CASE THE UPDATE WOULD NOT STILL BE ON PALMONE'S WEBSITE!!!!!!
    Yup. The Sprint rep is full of Poo!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Yup. The Sprint rep is full of Poo!!
    Please...shhhhh

kacka

there are ladies present
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Interesting first post. What "bugginess" was the Sprint rep referring to?
    i have had two phones after the update that have not been able to make outgoing calls or calls would not hang up.

and shouting guy...the update fixes too many problems to take it down.

although im sure you think my corporate sprint rep is lying
    whoh...that was loud DT...
    i have had two phones after the update that have not been able to make outgoing calls or calls would not hang up.

and shouting guy...the update fixes too many problems to take it down.

although im sure you think my corporate sprint rep is lying

lying, no
    talking out of his **** shoot, yes
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    lying, no
    talking out of his **** shoot, yes
    Shhhh....not **** shoot. Keister.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Shhhh....not **** shoot. Keister.
    BWaaaaa haaa haaaaa

keister

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

11.    #11  
    i posted here to alert people to the fact that the update can cause major problems to the phone portion. i have witnessed it myself. I have 60 treos in my server room right now. most of you posting have 1. do the math.
    60-1=59
    60+1=61
    60*1=60
    60/1=60

How much more math shall we do??? Don't get so defensive.

i posted here to alert people to the fact that the update can cause major problems to the phone portion. i have witnessed it myself. I have 60 treos in my server room right now. most of you posting have 1. do the math.

let's see...

hmmm

carry the one and..

uhhhh

oh poo

I like mine, I guess I'll keep it.

Here's a good CURRENT thread in which to post your experiences.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...nt+update+1.08
    I'm also the IT Ninja here at my company. I handle/manage/rolled out the Treo 650s. We've got about 12 Treo 650's total. Oringinally we rolled with the Shadowmite 1.03 ROM to address the voice quality issues, later we reflashed with a custom ROM I developed with the inclusion of Snappermail and various other "hack/tweaks" to make the phone usuable into ROM.

We've rolled vanilla 1.08 to all phones and have not had any of the issues you have described. On my phone I have noticed increased instability in the Phone and Messaging application but nothing to the magnitude you have described.

I am performing additional "do the math" operations to elevate my skill past that of Insertions.

60-12=48
    60/12=5
    60+12=72
    60*12=720
    60^12=2176782336000000000000
    60 MOD 12=0
    I've done the math...so how about you do the SEARCH!!

I've done the math...so how about you do the SEARCH!!
    STFU, IT Ninja's do not use the [Search] button, the information comes to us, out of fear. Do the math.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    STFU, IT Ninja's do not use the [Search] button, the information comes to us, out of fear. Do the math.
    I shall ponder this further as i take my poo...

More than 60 polled here felt it works great:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=update

I think the Sprint folks are like "if it does not work for you then don't use it". Its a lot easier than doing anything else to resolve customer issues .
    I shall ponder this further as i take my poo...
    Will you be doing the math, as I requested earlier? Until the math has been done this conversation simply cannot continue, as there will be no answers. Please perform all available operations so we can ensure the math has been correctly done. Note, do not use the Treo 650 calculator as the math being done can be calculated incorrectly when using percentages.
    LOL.

Hey evilghost will you look at this thread and voice your opinion.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=79918

I just know it will be funny no matter which side you take.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson