1.    #1  
    Just thought i'd ask if anybody else is having this problem and if there's a solution (or even an explaination!)

As i type this i'm updating avantgo on my visor FOR THE SECOND TIME! and i'm updating ALL channels. Why? Because for the second time, also, my avantgo server in mobile link gets duplicated.

I sync at work during the week. On the weekend, i occasionally want to update my channels. When i sync at home, the avantgo server in MobileLink duplicates so that all my channels get duplicated on my visor (taking up twice the memory too!). SO, i delete one of the avantgo servers in MobileLink which then (on the next sync) comlpletely deletes ALL my channels off my visor. SO, i have to perform a THIRD sync in which all 927 pages have to be refreshed...and on a 56K this takes sometime.

Can anybody explain this unusual problem? A solution?
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA
    ...my avantgo server in mobile link gets duplicated.

...i delete one of the avantgo servers in MobileLink...
    I've been unable to determine exactly why they get duplicated...

Make sure the duplicated server is also deleted from MobileLink on the desktop side. There is a MobileLink icon in the AvantGo folder.

Also, since you're syncing from 2 locations, make sure that both server settings are the same, otherwise MobilLink will use both of them.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  3.    #3  
    this is the only explaination and solution i could think of this weekend.

At work i am on the company LAN and go through a firewall to update my AvantGo. At home i dial up to my ISP. One possible explaination could be the different MobileLink settings (as you mentioned, Mark) and when I get home, MobileLink needs to set up a duplicate with my 'Home' settings.

Solution, I disable syncing of the 'work' server at home and the 'home' server at work in the mobilelink settings window for each 'server'.

I'll give this a try ...although now that i think about this, won't this still result in all my avantgo channels being duplicated on my visor? i guess so.

I'll keep looking for solution.
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?