1.    #1  
    Just got a Treo 600 and I'll admit it... I'm feeling more and more un-saavy as I research about email...

Work:
    At work, we're on Lotus Notes. Clearly, I need to install something in order to access my work email, but I don't know which program is best for this. My company's IT doesn't support anything except Blackberries, so I need to find something I can do/install on my own.

Personal:
    I've just got a plain old yahoo account.

In my overall online searching today, I've come across SnapperMail, Aileron, etc. but I have no idea which could accomodate both my work & personal email needs. Any advice is welcome.. just remember you're talking to a real beginner!!

thanks,
    Sam
    SpiderSFB,

Welcome to treocentral....

You can access your Corporate email account using Aileron Mail Personal Access.

You can access your yahoo account easily using Aileron Mail Personal Access.

Visit www.corsoft.com/aisolns.asp for more details on Personal Access.

Meet us online for a Live chat support on our website and we will be glad to get you started for a 15 days free trial.

Mark
    Customer Care
    Corsoft Corporation
    www.corsoft.com
  3.    #3  
    I spoke to a Corsoft online tech person earlier, but I'll admit it... I'm still totally confused. So I have a few questions...

1. I know that Aileron (or a # of other applications) will work for my personal email (yahoo)... if I upgrade for $20 to YahooPlus, can I use whatever software came with the Treo600 to get access?

2. Corsoft tech had me 'verify' my work email, but it failed-- he said that indicates that my corporate mail server does not allow IMAP access. He suggested that I consult my IT department ... "If your mailbox resides on the MS exchange server you can access your mailbox on the go almost anywhere on your treo with our OWA personal access."

Is that all I need to ask of my IT dept? If we are on the MS exchange server... then what are my options? And if we're not on the exchange server, then what? Sorry... I might as well be illierate in this category.
  4.    #4  
    Hmm- just spoke to my IT dept and my work email is on a Domino server. It's official... I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

Does anyone know if it's possible for me to get access to my work email which is in Lotus Notes and on a Domino server?
    SpiderSFB,

Aileron Mail Personal Access now supports OWA. Using Aileron you can access your MS exchange 2000 & 2003 server mails.

Personal access does not have the feature to get you mails from your Lotus Notes and Domino Server. BUT we do have a Aileron Enterprise Access which is installed inside your secured network and thus all your Corporate Staff can access their emails using Aileron.

I would suggest you to take a 15 days free trial and test it yourself. I will help you to configure your email account on Aileron.

Come down for a live chat support on our website and we will be glad to help you or drop us a line at solutions@corsoft.com .

Mark
    Customer Care
    Corsoft Corporation
  6.    #6  
    Thank you for the quick reply, but as I wrote in my first email, I have access to my computer only-- not the network-- my office does not support anything but the Blackberry, so I'm on my own.

It sounds like Aileron software isn't going to help me much with my dilemma. Any other ideas?
    Thank you for showing your intrest in Corsoft Solutions.

Keep visiting our website (www.corsoft.com ) for more updates .

Feel free to reach us online for a live chat support and we will be glad to help.

Mark
    Customer Care
    Corsoft Corporation
    www.corsoft.com
    markgin,

No offense but I consider your posts to be nothing more than marketing spam. Why are you talking about OWA?

Spiderfsb CLEARLY stated that he is using Lotus Notes....NOT EXCHANGE. What does that mean? Among many other things, it means that he does not have OWA....why do you even mention it?

Spider,
    Sorry, but unless your IT department turns on IMAP access, and allows it through your firewall, you will not be able to access your email using Aileron or any other currently available palm mail clients. Notes on Domino does support a form of IMAP (not a very good one, but it works), but I doubt it's allowed outside your corporate network. There are desktop redirector solutions, which would require you leave a computer running inside your network, which runs software which checks your email and sends it to your treo. One example is SEVEN. These solutions, however, are most often in violation of your corporate security policy (granted, most users don't really care about that).

Options? Wait (and hope) for Blackberry connect for PalmOS, which probably will not run on the 600. See if your IT will support another solution, such as mNotes (unlikely). See if they'll open up IMAP access through the firewall (also unlikely). Get your IT department to buy an SSL IVE which supports email proxying....expensive and also unlikely, but it works for me.

Another possibility....VPN. If your company uses PPTP VPN, you could use MergicVPN to connect to your network, then use Snapper or chatter or several others (assuming your Notes servers have either POP3 or IMAP enabled. If your company uses IPsec VPN, you're out of luck on the 600 (the 650 can use MovianVPN).

HTH,
    Joe
    Last edited by ExtraOrdinaryJo; 03/31/2005 at 10:10 PM.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  9.    #9  
    Joe-
    Thank you so much for your reply. This should really help me correctly address my IT department to determine what, if anything, they'll allow me to do.

Have a great day-
    Sam
    I fought this battle too. I stumbled across http://www.martinscott.com/WirelessMail and now have all of my Notes email forwarded to my Sprint mail. Snapper checks that account every 10 minutes. It's a little pricey, but it works perfectly.