1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have a problem using my treo 600. Since i travel a lot, all my contacts are listed with the country code before their numbers. When i get a local call, only the area code and the phone number are shown, and thus the name is not displayed. Is there anyway that I can make my treo show the names without removing country code from all my local contacts? or maybe impose a local country code on incoming calls so the name would display?

Thanks.
    I am not 100% sure if this will work, but have you tried putting a '+' before their phone number? I think it worked for me. Good luck.
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I have done that. My country code is +961. Area code is 3. So i have all numbers saved as +9613xxxxxx. But when I get a call, it appears as 03xxxxxx and the name is not displayed.

HELP!
    This is strange. I am using the Treo650, and the Caller ID works perfectly.

The contacts in my phonebook have +xx prefix. And for both local and international calls, the name of the callers show up fine.

Could it be the telecom operator from your country?
  5.    #5  
    Nop. If i plug my SIM into any other phone it works just fine, so I'm ruling out the operator. Do you have North American Dialing one with your country code prefix?
    I'm assuming your in North America and receiving international calls. Also, not sure if Dialing preferences would affect incoming calls, but I do have North Amerian Dialing without 'Always dial one...' checked off.

Maybe it's firmware or software related? I have this:
    Firmware: 03.05
    Software: Treo600-1.12-INT
    Hardware: B

Menu + I from main phone screen.
  7.    #7  
    Actually, I'm in the middle east. I have the same settings except that my software is: Treo600-1.12-ROW.

The country code is +961.
    Area code is 3.

So I have all numbers listed as +9613xxxxxx. If I get a call, number shows as 03xxxxxx and name does not display. I managed to do something. I added an area code of 961 in the North American Dialing preferences and saved the numbers as +3xxxxxx. It worked, but it's a very weird setting. I'm trying to update the treo software to the International version. Will let you know if it works. Any other suggestions?
  8.    #8  
    couldnt update. it said that the version on my phone is higher than that downloaded. I guess I'll just go with the North American Dialing thingy.