1.    #1  
    Our CIO just called, and I just confirmed that Versamail will not delete messages from the server. I sent myself 2 test messages, and after they were received I deleted them from the Treo (650) and made sure the box was checked to delete them from the server. I made another connection. I then checked my my dekstop IMAP client (OS X Mail.app) and the messages were still there. Can anyone point me towards a solution? Thanks in advance.

FWIW, I did search here from "Versamail IMAP delete server" but didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.
    Newton 120 -> Newton 2000 -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Prism -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 (Cingular | Unlocked)
    Redford, MI
    cplater AT gmail DOT com
    Snappermail works rather well for IMAP or IMAP-SSL, however, others recommend Chattermail.

Versamail is trash shovelware from Palm.
    I had the same problem too, until I read a post that said, when signing out of VersaMail, you need to empty trash first. Give that a shot.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 26point2
    I had the same problem too, until I read a post that said, when signing out of VersaMail, you need to empty trash first. Give that a shot.
    Thanks -- it's funny that setting Auto-Empty in the Deletion preferences doesn't seem to have the same effect.
    Newton 120 -> Newton 2000 -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Prism -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 (Cingular | Unlocked)
    Redford, MI
    cplater AT gmail DOT com
    It's a function of the IMAP protocol, though admittedly a confusing one. Pushing deletions to the server simply causes it to mark them as deleted - they are not actually removed until you purge / empty the trash.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  6.    #6  
    Actually, they're not getting marked as deleted either.
    Redford, MI
    cplater AT gmail DOT com