1.    #1  
    3 guys in my office have the Blackberry 7250. Lo and behold they have admitted that they each experience at least one soft reset a day. Why don't we get over our whining and just go with the flow of amazing technology.
    My Blackberry resets, but not nearly as frequently as the Treo did before the updater. The Treo still resets more, but that's because my blackberry sits in my bag all day and isn't used. :-)
  3.    #3  
    It's just be sitting there soft resetting without you even knowing.

OOOOO There it went again.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    So do PPC-based units. The entire point is that Palm devices are generally more stable than most, especially for those who had the 600 before, and suddenly have to deal with the instability of the 650, just not something entirely expected. Even my MPx220 and JAM don't exhibit this kind of involuntary resets as I have with my unbranded GSM 650.

To be truthful, I don't feel any better by knowing that other devices reset also, I simply want to see my 650 with more stable O/S soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by sclui56
    So do PPC-based units. The entire point is that Palm devices are generally more stable than most, especially for those who had the 600 before, and suddenly have to deal with the instability of the 650, just not something entirely expected. Even my MPx220 and JAM don't exhibit this kind of involuntary resets as I have with my unbranded GSM 650.

To be truthful, I don't feel any better by knowing that other devices reset also, I simply want to see my 650 with more stable O/S soon.
    Actually, I have found that my PPC based devices don't so much "soft reset" on their own as slow down or stop responding to the point that you have to do a manual reset to get it working again.

I actualy prefer the Palm way of handling things: an error occurs that it can't recover from and the device just resets totally on it's own without any intervention from the user. At first this was disturbing to me being used to devices where I had to reset myself. But now that I am used to it, I think it's probably a better way of handling errors
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    seaflipper,

Not sure if I can agree to an involuntary reset being the preferred way in handling errors, I would like to have a bit more control over that. As for the MS devices, 90% of time I can terminate the offending app and still not loosing the other stuff, besides, with 128M on board, low memory hasn't been a real issue.

Guess I just got comfortable with the 600 and not prepared to deal with the "issues" on the 650, though I am hopeful that new patches will alleviate most of the unplesant experiences.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Not even close. Don't go there. I've had many devices and multiple blackberries and "upgraded" from the RIM 7230 to the GSM Unlock 650. There is no comparison on resets. The BB is a rock solid device compared to the buggy and unstable 650. Until the rom patch comes out, I would not recommend a Treo over a blackberry.