Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I never used it, but looks interesting. I like how the earpiece is padded. Usually goes for $50 on Buy.com, temporary price cut!

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...54&dcaid=17654

http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/prod_ima...4/10398824.jpg

They also have a bluetooth USB adapter by the same maker, BT 1.2 compliant for $25 right now as well.
    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...dwt=30506&sp=1
    Last edited by techprincesse; 03/31/2005 at 10:34 AM.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Hi Did you ever buy the IO Gear headset? I am looking at buying a bluetooth headset, I am looking at the cardo Scala for $38.99, this one and the Planktronics M3000 for $29 as well, wondering if you bought this one and how it works, thanks!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm also wondering if anyone has tried this...The price is right, so I may just try it anyway. If it doesn't work, there's always eBay.

I currently have a Cardo Scala 500. I love the sound quality and features, but I just can't get the darn thing to stay close to my head, no matter what I do. If I stay perfectly still, it's fine, but as soon as I turn my head it swings away from my ear and I can't hear until it either swings back on its own, or I push it back into place.

This Iogear looks like it may stay put a little better...but who knows.
    i may try to for 29 bucks, cant go to wrong...re the scala, if it wont stay in my ear, forget it...thanks for the heads...er ears..up
    I have the Cardo Scala 500 and for the most part I'm pretty happy with it. However it's very difficult to get it to stay in the ear (but it can be done,) it likes to flop around. One of the problems is that it uses an ear hook, so because it's a hook, it just dangles.
    This iogear (hard to tell from the little picture) appears to have an ear loop that may prove to be a better or worse design than the Cardo. Either way I figured $30+S/H+Tax is worth giving it a shot. I'll certainly post my review on this thread when I get it in 2-4 days.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  6.    #6  
    Here is the product page on IOGear's website...
    http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=p...&Item=GBE201W7

I like the "soft foam ear bug" part mentioned on Buy.com's page, cause then ya wouldnt need an EAR GEL! I may take a bite at it if I can get a review or two... Looks like they are tryin to complete with the Bluespoon AX in size.

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Someone post a review of this when they get it!
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I have the Cardo Scala 500 and for the most part I'm pretty happy with it. However it's very difficult to get it to stay in the ear (but it can be done,) it likes to flop around. One of the problems is that it uses an ear hook, so because it's a hook, it just dangles.
    This iogear (hard to tell from the little picture) appears to have an ear loop that may prove to be a better or worse design than the Cardo. Either way I figured $30+S/H+Tax is worth giving it a shot. I'll certainly post my review on this thread when I get it in 2-4 days.
    To those of you complaining about the CARDO SCALA HANGING AROUND THE EAR LOOSELY, please be aware of the following good news and fact:

You simply need to squeeze tightly the loop to "shrink" its diameter, then it will hang TIGHTLY around your ear. TRUST ME! Check out this link for more info, bottom picture and paragraph (the fit is now perfect):

http://www.cardowireless.com/scala500/clips.php

1. To achieve a good fit squeeze the flexible loop inwards and then let it snap back.
    2. Place it on your ear and push the speaker slightly into the exterior cavity of your ear
    3. Adjust the loop a bit more until it fits comfortably the contours of you ear.
    Holy cow, you mean you can literally bend the ear loop to fit you ear?? I never even thought to try that. I just jammed the damn thing down as far as it would go (through the rubber body) and then when I put it on I'd actually point the boom sort of upward to get it snug.

Never thought to play wire-guby action figure with the ear loop. I'll try this later when I get in the car (Got the card clipped to the visor.)
    Thanks for the tip and the link!
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Hey guys if you're gonna jump on this, make sure to use this 10% off coupon before you check out! I'm still on the fence as to whether I wanna try it.

http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp...774&dcaid=1688
    Well I got an email from Buy.com today that they are working on filling my order still. I guess it's backordered but they don't say for how long (yet.) I placed my order on Thurs 3/31 (very late in the day) and today I got the email (4/4, Monday.)
    So it'll be a while longer before I post my experience with it.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
  12.    #12  
    In the words of Ralphie... "Oh fudge..."

Site says its "Sold Out" and it went up to $35 as well.

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Holy cow, you mean you can literally bend the ear loop to fit you ear?? I never even thought to try that. I just jammed the damn thing down as far as it would go (through the rubber body) and then when I put it on I'd actually point the boom sort of upward to get it snug.

Never thought to play wire-guby action figure with the ear loop. I'll try this later when I get in the car (Got the card clipped to the visor.)
    Thanks for the tip and the link!
    You are welcome. Hope this will help all the Cardo Scala 500 owners out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    In the words of Ralphie... "Oh fudge..."
    "Except I didn't say 'fudge'"
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    double....fudge...i ordered as well and got the backordered response...now the real question to cancel or to wait an indeterminate time to receive....
    For me, I already have the Cardo Scala 500 and quite frankly really like it. Getting the IoGear was simply to satisfy curiosity because it was so darn cheap. I can wait a month if I have to.
    But if I didn't have a headset and was waiting for this to be my first, I don't know if I could hold out.
    where did you get the cardo scala, and what did you pay, i just saw it for $38.99...
    http://www.compuplus.com/i/AUDIO/Hea...u5&comboid=918
    CompUPLus It used to be $42, but now it's $45.
    This is a very good online retailer, I've used them a lot. But $38 is the cheapest I've seen it searching on froogle.com

UPDATE 4-14-05:
    The Cardo Scala 500 is back down to $39.95 at Comp-U-Plus (link above.) I'm still quite happy with it.
    Also, the Sony HBH-660 is down to $89.99 at the same site.
    Last edited by taylorh; 04/14/2005 at 05:25 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    hooray, buy.com just emailed and said they are processing my order, the io bluetooth headset is back in stock!
    I got the same email yesterday. According to the shipping/tracking info, I should receive mine on Friday morning 4-15-05.
    I'll post as soon as I can. Again I only have a Cardo Scala 500 right now, so that will be my personal basis for comparison.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast