Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I can't figure this one out, and I have done a hard reset and it has done this on a fresh install as well. It was annoying this morning because it has happened twice so far. No incoming calls, no email being checked. The first time it reset for no apparent reason...the second time it reset (30 minutes after the first time) was when a text message was received.

I know one other problem who is experiencing the exact same problem and we have no idea why. Any insight?
    I'm in the exact same boat. I can't decide if I should return the phone in hopes that this one is just bad, or return it permanently. My radio has turned off in the middle of phone calls. Quite frustrating! But no resets. Just the radio.
    yes this has happened to me too. Not sure if its a 3rd party app confilct or not.
    I have had the radio go off as well. Luckily it has not been during a call. It has happened at least 5 times since I updated the ROM last Wednesday.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Finally, it appears someone has my same problem! I will pull my phone out of my pocket, and the red light will be on. I turn on the phone and it is trying to connect to Sprint. This is chatter checking the email, which works perfectly 90 percent of the time - unless the radio has turned itself off. Then it just sits there trying to connect.
    This will also happen occasionally when I try to check the web with Blazer.
    In both instances I have to turn the phone radio off and back on, and then evrything is fine until 'next time'.
    The problems has been less frequent since the sprint update, but is still annoying as hell. Anyone have the same experience?
    Are these all GSM Treo's? It may be a SIM issue. I haven't had this problem on my 650 but back in my 270 days it started happening frequently. I replaced the SIM card and never had the problem again.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I had this problem at least once a day... When I received the phone from AT&T, I used my existing AT&T sim card, instead of the new one they sent with the phone. I eventually switched to the new sim, and haven't had the problem since (about a month ago).
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I am using the phone on T-Mobile with a three year old SIM. I have a new sim in my laptop bag and I'll get it activated to see if it helps.

Edit: I fixed spelling mistakes...
    Last edited by Silver5; 03/31/2005 at 11:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    I am using the phone on T-Mobilie with a there year old SIM. I have a new sim in my laptop bag and I'll get it activated to see if it helps.
    I'm having similar problems...also on a TMo SIM that's a couple years old. I'll be right in the middle of a phone conversation and the caller is gone. The messge I get on the screen is that the 'network was not able to connect the call' or something like that (guess i should write it down exactly next time)...

I don't understand why it thinks it was not able to connect the call, since it always happens a couple minutes into a converstion with someone...obviously I have made a connection!

The other thing I'm seeing is when I dial...it beeps, like abusy signal or something...then when it stops beeping, sometimes I find the person I'm calling has already answered...but i was unable to hear this. On my end it never even rang...while they're thinking they're getting a crank call or something!

I can't figure out if the problem is the phone or TMo's network or my SIM!!! Very frustrating.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    It doesn't take much to replace your SIM to see if that solves your problem. Try that and see what happens.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    It doesn't take much to replace your SIM to see if that solves your problem. Try that and see what happens.
    I was hesitant to do that, since Tmo doesn't yet support this phone...wasn't sure if they would be happy about me using it.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    It shouldn't matter, just tell them your SIM is acting up and that you need a new one. You doon't have specify that it is for a Treo 650. What phone does T-Mo think you have?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Swapped out SIMS and so far so good...no radio resets