Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else have this problem? Weird. Started pre-Sprint patch (I think, but not sure).
  2. #2  
    I see it as well, the data is there, just the executable is missing. Not everytime but once in a while... annoying
  3. alee's Avatar
    Posts
    410 Posts
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    #3  
    I changed my Vindigo to only sync once a day, and I haven't seen the problem in a while... I believe they are aware of this issue, but there is no clear resolution as to why it happens.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    I see it as well, the data is there, just the executable is missing. Not everytime but once in a while... annoying
    Sometimes my data disappears too. Because I look at my phone and I'm like "whoa, suddenly I have a ton of free space" and then I realize "****, Vindigo was completely wiped out"
  5. #5  
    I had the same issue. I created a ticket w/ them and they came back asking for my logs. Well, I had uninstalled it at the time, so I reinstalled it and it took forever to happen again....but it eventually did. By that time, I was too lazy to send them the logs.

    Now, I've updated but haven't had a chance to do a full install of Vindigo (my PC is down since I'm moving.) I'll let you guys know if I get any further. Someone else should put in another help ticket.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
  6. dwman's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    #6  
    Does a little blue cube show up in it's place? That's what happens to me. I issued a ticket to Vindigo a couple of months ago, and they were able to replicate it, so they know about it.

    Here's the response I got from Vindigo:

    Hello,

    For what it's worth, I was able to recreate the blue cube icon problem on my 650. I think what's happening is that, while logged on to my account at www.vindigo.com and adjusting my cities and channels, and then attempting a wireless sync, I'm corrupting something - I can't say for sure what or why, but I also have to delete Vindigo from my device and resync with the cable to restore my service. I'll describe this to our engineers and see if they can provide some more insight, but I just wanted to let you know we're working on it.
    Last edited by dwman; 03/31/2005 at 12:37 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    I had the same issue. I created a ticket w/ them and they came back asking for my logs. Well, I had uninstalled it at the time, so I reinstalled it and it took forever to happen again....but it eventually did. By that time, I was too lazy to send them the logs.

    Now, I've updated but haven't had a chance to do a full install of Vindigo (my PC is down since I'm moving.) I'll let you guys know if I get any further. Someone else should put in another help ticket.
    Funny because I contacted them today and they said...

    "To answer one of your questions: no, we haven't heard from other users regarding this particular problem."

    Well... umm, here's two right here on this board. Consistent with generally poor customer service for such an expensive product. Definitely won't renew this year -- I don't need 4 year old restaurant reviews that they will never, ever update.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Does a little blue cube show up in it's place? That's what happens to me. I issued a ticket to Vindigo a couple of months ago, and they were able to replicate it, so they know about it.

    Here's the response I got from Vindigo:

    Hello,

    For what it's worth, I was able to recreate the blue cube icon problem on my 650. I think what's happening is that, while logged on to my account at www.vindigo.com and adjusting my cities and channels, and then attempting a wireless sync, I'm corrupting something - I can't say for sure what or why, but I also have to delete Vindigo from my device and resync with the cable to restore my service. I'll describe this to our engineers and see if they can provide some more insight, but I just wanted to let you know we're working on it.
    My issue is slightly different. 1) No blue cube, just missing Vindigo (it's there if you browse the file, but obviously corrupted so not showing in the app list)
    2) I don't wirelessly sync.

    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc
    I don't need 4 year old restaurant reviews that they will never, ever update.
    Well, kind of in their defense, they don't do the reviews....they pay for the rights to use the reviews. So if they are not updated, Vindigo is not directly responsible. However, I guess they could change to another service.....but who?
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com

Posting Permissions