1.    #1  
    I installed the Sprint update. I don't care for DUN (since my laptop doesn't have BT) and don't use a BT headset.

My voice quality seems okay but perhaps it can be improved? Not sure if all users have the problem that the patch fixed... but did the Sprint patch fix the voice problem anyway?

In short, should I install any other Shadowmite patches, and which ones (other than the call log, which is just a nice option).

Thanks in advance.
    if you don't need dun and you don't want to have the option, then you don't need the patch. All other patches/Roms clearly list their function. If you need it then install it. Shadowmite's patches are clean and functional
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  3.    #3  
    Followup question. I don't need DUN but am I right that Shadowmite ROM #5 (latest) does not include any WiFi? My understanding was adding WiFi caused conflict with Vision -- have to reset, etc. So I definitely don't want that.

But I was thinking of just installing ROM #5 to check out the difference in voice quality, get rid of Versamail, and see whatever these two other things are in the patch -- "Notepad" and "Voice Memo".

Can I just install ROM #5 over the Sprint firmware update? Will this take care of Versamail and just delete it forever? Any other known issues with this ROM?
    None of his ROM have the Wifi driver enabled, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $Anyways$, $with$ $Sprint$ $ROM$ $1$.$08$ $Voice$ $quality$ $isn$'$t$ $an$ $issue$ $any$ $longer$, $so$ $you$'$re$ $basically$ $now$ $installing$ $Shadow$ ($or$ $your$ $own$ $custom$ $ROMs$) $to$ $get$ $rid$ $of$ $unwanted$ $poo$ $in$ $the$ $Sprint$ $ROM$. $Real$, $Varsa$, $BC$, $DOwnloads$, $etc$...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I couldn't have said it better
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Besides adding DUN, the biggest reason for using custom ROMs is to free up more memory.

Remove any of the default apps that you don't want (by following the master file list found in the forums on shadowmite.com) and then move as many of your apps from RAM to your new custom ROM as you can to give you more free RAM.