1.    #1  
    I just got my stowaway keyboard and am trying to decide which text editor to invest in. I am currently looking at smartdoc & pedit32. I can't seem to find specific instructions about how to transfer doc files to a folder on my pc so that I could edit the documents in Word. Any help is appreciated!!!
    tuffy
    I am not sure about pedit, but with SmartDoc, it transfers the DOC files to your backup folder during a hotsync (usually c:\program files\palm\<user name>\backup) -- You can get an application called PalmDocs to open and save in MS Word -- http://www.bigfoot.com/~alexito/PalmDocs

Joe
    Originally posted by Cerulean
    I am not sure about pedit, but with SmartDoc, it transfers the DOC files to your backup folder during a hotsync (usually c:\program files\palm\<user name>\backup) -- You can get an application called PalmDocs to open and save in MS Word -- http://www.bigfoot.com/~alexito/PalmDocs

Joe
    Hopw do you back up your pdb files from smartdoc without backing up every goddamn thing on your visor? I tried to do a backup during hotsync with System settings as 'Desktop overwrites Handheld"...but nothing backs up... I then changed the System settings to "Handheld Overwrites Desktop"...this work...but it backs up all the prc and pdb files on my visor..i only wanted the pdb from smartdoc. Needless to say, my hotsync operations are quite liong ebcause i have about 5MB of stuff on my Deluxe already.

Are there any alternatives?

TIA
    I am unaware of any alternatives.. Due to the fact that it is a palm database file, it gets the same treatment as every other palm database file -- I wrote to the creators of SmartDoc and I was told that there was going to be a stronger interface between SmartDoc and MS Word, so they might be developing some type of conduit that would allow receiving and sending of specific documents to and from the Visor.. however, they did not provide me with specifics.

Joe
    Cerulean:

Sure hope you are right. It has been almost a year since version 2.0 was released. It is unusual for so much months to buy without an upgrade...especially in the Palm Software scene. This is one of the things that is making me think whether this is the right word editor for me.
    yeah .. according to Ross in CES Support, they are hoping to have the next version out in the next 2-3 months..

joe