Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello-
    I've had a Treo 650 on AT&T GSM for about 2 weeks now. I've been a palm user since the Pilot Personal and used a T3 most recently with a GSM phone. It's great to get a single device... anyway...

I've searched, and read, and searched and I still can't figure something out, so I could use some guidance here. Here's the deal:

--I have snappermail working fine from my personal POP3 and IMAP servers
    --I can get corporate mail through AT&T OfficeOnline (web UI only though)
    --My company is a very big organization that gives out blackberry's, which I'm trying to avoid having to have
    --Getting something like Good in the door is not an option
    --I want to be able to get to my corporate mail. We are an Exchange 2000 shop.

What I have tried:
    --Setting up a server-side rule to forward mail to my personal IMAP account. Won't work. IT seems to have disabled auto-forward rules for mailboxes outside our company.
    --Looking at options like Good. Won't work, I'm a single user, can't setup a server, cannot ever, never get access to the Exchange server except through an outlook client.
    --We have a Nortel Contivity VPN setup with RSA tokens. I see there is a client out there, but I really want an automated solution, not one where I have to whip out my token every hour.

What I would LOVE to have:
    A program that works just like the AT&T OfficeOnline but forwards to an IMAP or POP email account.

Is there anything like this or even similar?

Do I have any other options?

Thanks!
    Last edited by cnolan; 03/31/2005 at 09:01 AM.
    What version of Exchange is your company running?
  3.    #3  
    I believe it is exchange 2000. And, we don't have webmail access except through a client-less VPN solution.
    Cnolan,

Try using Aileron Mail. Aileron mail comes in two flavors

1. Aileron Mail Personal Access (for single user) - http://www.corsoft.com/aisolns.asp

2. Aileron Mail Enterprise Access(for multiple users) - http://www.corsoft.com/aesolns.asp

If you have any questions drop us a line at solutions@corsoft.com.

Feel free to reach us online for an interactive live support from 7.00 am EST onwards and we will be glad to help you.

Mark
    Customer Care
    Corsoft Corporation
    I'm not IT, but some of this might help. Exchange 2003 allows access via mobile devices, I understand that it is setup by default (I could be wrong). It's not the best solution, but it works. I've read in some other threads that Exchange 2000 has this feature also. You can look at www.corsoft.com to see if there Beta OWA solution will work for you. I was on the phone with them last week and it didn't work for me, but it would have been a good solution because it doesn't require resources or hardware on the IT side.
    I am inj a similar situation and I use mailgov redirector on a desktop machine in my office. It forwards my mail to a personnel account which i get via versa mail.

www.mailgov.com

give it a try might also work for you.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the response. In reading what Corsoft has, I'm nearly positive it won't work. Our OWA solution is not accessed through the standard web, but through a clientless VPN solution. Trust me, it's not standard and I can guarantee it won't work through OWA.

Our IT does not have the mobile device setup. And they won't. As I'd mentioned, we're a blackberry shop.

What I would really like to see is an agent that sits in my tray on my desktop or laptop and redirects the messages somewhere. It would be GREAT if it could do this without having to be logged in, as in, it ran as a service. The AT&T WS app for Office Online is great, it's just that it only directs to their webpage. Not an IMAP or POP service that I could then setup with one of these other email clients....
    Quote Originally Posted by cnolan
    Thanks for the response. In reading what Corsoft has, I'm nearly positive it won't work. Our OWA solution is not accessed through the standard web, but through a clientless VPN solution. Trust me, it's not standard and I can guarantee it won't work through OWA.

Our IT does not have the mobile device setup. And they won't. As I'd mentioned, we're a blackberry shop.

What I would really like to see is an agent that sits in my tray on my desktop or laptop and redirects the messages somewhere. It would be GREAT if it could do this without having to be logged in, as in, it ran as a service. The AT&T WS app for Office Online is great, it's just that it only directs to their webpage. Not an IMAP or POP service that I could then setup with one of these other email clients....
    Cnolan,

Visit us online for a live chat or drop us a line at solutions@corsoft.com with your contact details and I will have someone call you and help you to get you started with Aileron with OWA. Lets explore it. It is possible that we might be able to get you started with our solutions.

Thanks

Mark
    Customer Care
    Corsoft Corporation
  9.    #9  
    I know for an absolute fact that your software will not work with the way that we have OWA setup, that is unless your software can scrape encrypted binary data off of a screen. Additionally, I have an RSA token that I must deal with every single time I login.

Do you offer another solution or is OWA the only way you have to integrate to Exchange?
    We have an Aileron Mail Enterprise solution which is installed in your corporate IT server. For more details visit http://www.corsoft.com/aesolns.asp. If this intrests you drop me a line with your contact details at solutions@corsoft.com and I will have some on to call you and explain you how it works.

Mark
    Customer Care
    Corsoft Corporation
  11.    #11  
    Let me add one more thing....

I cannot install anything other than on a desktop PC

I don't mind paying a monthly or yearly subscription service fee
    Cnloan,

Then you should go for Aileron Mail personal access . Aileron now also supports OWA.OWA is an add-on option offered with Aileron Mail Personal Access service that is designed for individual users. Aileron Mail Personal Access is a hosted service that is offered on an annual basis while OWA is offered as a one time purchase. For details, visit: www.corsoft.com/aiprice.asp.

Feel free to reach us online for a interactive live chat support from 7.00 am EST and we will be glad to help you.

Mark
    Customer Care
    Corsoft Corporation
    www.corsoft.com
  13.    #13  
    Mark, I'm sorry to be blunt here, but did you read that I do not have OWA access through normal channels?

I've taken a very detailed look at what your products do and they will not work for my environment.

Unless you have a client-side redirector that will sit on my desktop PC, it will not work.

Thanks
    As of now we do not have such type of software that sits on your desktop PC.

Thank you for your intrest in Corsoft Solutions.

In case if you have any questions feel free to reach us online for a live chat support and we will be glad to help.

Mark
    Customer Care
    Corsoft Corporation
    there are a ton of redirectors that exist out there, but unless your PC can be on fulltime, and you remain persistently logged in, you're hosed. That's the downfall of the redirector approach. Not secure & not reliable. I used various redirectors for a long time & it was just a major pain.
  16.    #16  
    I understand the downsides. I have an extra PC at work I can use for this sole purpose. Can you suggest some products? I've look and haven't found much out there for EXCHANGE. Lots of generic IMAP/POP3 forwarders, but not for Outlook/Exchange.

FYI. the AT&T redirector does not require you to be logged in (it runs as a service) and can redirect up to 5 separate Outlook logins/email accounts. It's slick, but only supports their web UI.

Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    there are a ton of redirectors that exist out there, but unless your PC can be on fulltime, and you remain persistently logged in, you're hosed. That's the downfall of the redirector approach. Not secure & not reliable. I used various redirectors for a long time & it was just a major pain.
    cnolan,

For your specific case, the two that most people seem to use are sproqit (www.sproqit.com) and the Seven beta, which is a beta version of what Seven sells to the carriers. I use the latter and it seems to work pretty well. I have a similar corporate setup to what you have.

Also, if you switch your phone to the Cingular Orange side of the house you can use Cingular XPressMail which is just a repackaged version of Seven.
  18.    #18  
    This is VERY helpful. Thank you for your informative post!
    Kroywen-

I am having the same issues as cnolan, except I know a LOT LESS about computers/tech stuff-- I'm just trying to get corporate email access as simply as possible. We work on Lotus Notes (and we're on a Domino Server). And, I need to do it with as little connection to my IT dept as possible, as they technically only 'support' Bberries.

I had spoken to Cingular about XpressMail, but for some reason (I can't remember anymore), it didn't sound like it would work for me. Maybe it was a firewall issue or something? Any thoughts on what might be best? Or, if I need to find out info from my IT dept... what are the questions I need to ask them?
    If you are on AT&T are you on Cingular now? Because if you are, you can try out Cingular's Xpressmail. http://www.cingular.com/business/xpr...rprise_edition
    It's a push email solution. I have the same service on my sprint Treo650 (Sprint's similar service is Business Connection) and it's working very well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast