Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    I have to disagree with that with some clarifications. As far as the TREO goes that might be the case but in a digital camera (where I use mine) the difference is VERY noticible. I plugged in a plain Sandisk 1GIG card into my Nikon D70 and the time it took to write a single NEF image to the card (25MB file) after a shot was MUCH slower then the identical file to a Extreme II card. While I didn't time it, it was quite noticible. With the plain card I had to "wait" for the file to write to the card from the camera. With the Extreme II by the time I looked at the "writing" LED it was done.

If you are using a device that doesn't support the higher transfer rates of these cards (like the low end digital cameras or maybe even a Treo) then it is a waste of money. However if you put the card into a computer card reader you will also see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ovrdrvn
    I was at J&R in NYC and was told that one of the manufacturer's reps said fact out that besides the marketing, the marginal difference in speed for the Ultra 2 series wouldn't be noticeable unless you were litterally looking for it. I've read different in the forums...anyone care to comment?
    Well, it's June 13th. I caled Copmpushaq and got its voicemail. Anybody else have any luck with them?
    ###
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    FYI. I went on line and checked all the sites for the card. Then I went to Staples and had an on line chat. They sell it for 229. I saw it for 197.95 with shipping of 7.06 at atacom.com (the cheaper ones were out of stock or crazy shipping fees). Anyway, Staples matched the amount with their 110% guarantee and it's in stock and I'll have it Monday. Try it.
    Mike
    I searched atacom.com and could not see it. Sold out already?
    http://www.atacom.com/program/atacom...Disp_item2.y=6
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    Ultra III...I think you meant the "Extreme III" from Sandisk, right?
    Right... Extreme III
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Okay, I blew it. I ordered the card from Staples and they sent me the sandisk ultra ii 2.0gb compact flash. Anyway there that can tell me where I went wrong? I told the guy it was for the treo650!
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by mleiser
    Okay, I blew it. I ordered the card from Staples and they sent me the sandisk ultra ii 2.0gb compact flash. Anyway there that can tell me where I went wrong? I told the guy it was for the treo650!
    Mike
    Specify a SD card. Some peolple have never heard of a Treo and the operator probably just clicked on the first SanDisK Ultra II 2.0GB card that popped into view on their screen.

Cheers, Perry.
    Finally, my turn has arrived! My favorite store called me today to say my 2GB Sandisk Ultra SD cards are waiting for me. I had pre-ordered 2 of them over a month ago, and now it's waiting for me. Now I'm torn whether I should buy both of them, or just one. After all, I'm paying full price plus tax too. Hmmmm, geez, that's another $400+ worth of accessories for my Treo! It's non stop how much $$ goes into this thing! On the plus side, I could use the second card for my Canon SD 300 digital camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I have to disagree with that with some clarifications. As far as the TREO goes that might be the case but in a digital camera (where I use mine) the difference is VERY noticible. I plugged in a plain Sandisk 1GIG card into my Nikon D70 and the time it took to write a single NEF image to the card (25MB file) after a shot was MUCH slower then the identical file to a Extreme II card. While I didn't time it, it was quite noticible. With the plain card I had to "wait" for the file to write to the card from the camera. With the Extreme II by the time I looked at the "writing" LED it was done.

If you are using a device that doesn't support the higher transfer rates of these cards (like the low end digital cameras or maybe even a Treo) then it is a waste of money. However if you put the card into a computer card reader you will also see the difference.
    I completely agree with MisterEd. I also own high end digital cameras, including a Nikon D1x and Nikon D100 D-SLR. I use the Lexar 2GB 80x CF memory cards in order for these high end digital cameras to quickly save the images to the card, and to clear the buffer faster.

Even my Canon SD300 (pocket) digital camera, which takes an SD card also benefits from a fast SD card, versus a slow card. Case in point: when I use a slow SD card in my Canon SD300 camera, the camera will freeze after approx the 15th frame when shooting in high speed burst mode. When shooting video clips using the high speed 60 frames per second mode, the camera will also freeze up after a short time. However, using a Sandisk Extreme III 1GB card, my Canon SD300 camera will happily keep firing stills and video clips NON-stop until the card fills up!! No buffer delay, or freeze ups whatsoever!!

The faster cards are truly necessary when you have high end electronics that require the fast transfer speed.

--Casey
    Woo hoo!! I finally have a Sandisk Ultra II 2GB SD card in my hands!! I had to pay full price at $199.00 plus tax, but what the hell, it almost felt like winning the lottery because it was so hard to get! I was on a waiting list for a preorder for several weeks.

I transferred the contents from my old Sandisk 1GB card to the new 2GB card, and there's still pleeeeeenty of space left!! I was actually a little confused about the best method of transferring my files from one card to the other. Eventually, I ended up doing a simple copy and paste of all files from the old card to the new using my desktop computer and built in card reader. This worked perfectly! Even my LauncherX recognizes all the applications and files on the SD card without any problems.

I'm considering buying a second 2GB card now, but am wondering if I should really spend another $200 more...hmmmmmm.

Casey
    Well, I did it. I bought 2 of the Ultra 2GB cards. Just this weekend, I realized why I need these large cards. I finally figured out how to download movies to my SD card, which was frustrating at first, but now it's easy. I downloaded the first original Star Wars movie to my SD card. Using Pocket DVD Studio from Handango, at the maximum highest quality setting, the file took up 500 MB of space. Damn! The viewing quality looks soooooo good on my Treo 650!! I also downloaded a different Star Wars movie at a lower quality setting of only 200 MB, and the quality positively suffered. At a lower 200 MB setting, there were too many portions of the video showing blocked up pixelated images, especially with fast moving action. I hate to have to set all my movies at the maximum quality level, but since the very original Star Wars movie is my all time favorite, I really want to see light saber duels and X-Wing dogfights at their best. Watching movies on my Treo 650 is sooooooo cool! I feel so multi-media now! :-))) I can't wait to download more movies!!
    News Flash!! Sandisk Ultra II 2gb cards in stock here today:

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/...pno~505822.asp
    I am buying a Sandisk Ultra 2GB SD card, who's with me?

Tom Cruise
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I thought about it, but the Adata 150X 2GB card for $141 from Newegg seems to be a better deal if you can get past the pink color , and it performs better on the Treo according to VFSMark. Just got mine today http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211314
    This is where I got mine.

Instock. I even told them that I could get it cheaper somewhere else and they lowered the price to 189.99 plus s/h 9.99

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/def...spx?EDC=721416
    Quote Originally Posted by qwalls
    I thought about it, but the Adata 150X 2GB card for $141 from Newegg seems to be a better deal if you can get past the pink color , and it performs better on the Treo according to VFSMark. Just got mine today http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211314
    I got the Ultra from Sandisk, but my notebook couldn't read it. So it went back to the retailer. I wonder how compatible A-Data is with card readers. Can someone comment on A-Data with their experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    I got the Ultra from Sandisk, but my notebook couldn't read it. So it went back to the retailer. I wonder how compatible A-Data is with card readers. Can someone comment on A-Data with their experience?
    I ended up w/ an AData 1GB 50x SD Card- (although I "ordered" what was supposed to be SanDisk).

I'm not a power-user, & it's no where near capacity, but I've had zero issues. Seems pretty stable IMO, & it's fully recognized by my computer's Card Reader...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    My work laptop is a Compaq, and my home laptop is a Dell. Both have built in SD readers, and both work fine with the A-Data card.
    Ordered my Ultra II 2GB from Buy.com yesterday. Today it shipped. So, apparently they have them in stock.
    I used to think a 2GB card is huge. That is until I started burning and downloading movies!! My movies are between 300MB to 500MB each! I've already filled up my 2GB card with movies, music, games, and apps!! Fortunately, I also got a second 2GB card, cuz I want to burn more movies!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast