Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Got to the Website too late...now they are on backorder...d'oh! I feel unsafe ordering on the Web at this time. Things are taking too long!

Tip to first time callers: when you first call in and voice mail gives you an option of dailing for sales, don't do it! Chose customer service instead.
    ###
    " ATP, a Taiwan memory manufacturer, has announced a new ProMax SD card line that will come in capacities of up to 2GB initially, with a 4GB card planned.

4GB SD CardThe new cards will Conform to the latest SD v1.1 system specification. They are rated at fast 133X transfer rates (up to read 20MB/s and 18MB/s write). Devices will have to use the SD 1.1 standard in order to operate with the 4GB version, which no Palm OS device yet supports.

The company plans to have the cards ready by the fouth quarter this year. ATP has not announced pricing.
    "

sorry folks - wipe your drool off the floor - none of the Treos will support the 4 Gig card
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    no but someday.....
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    "Devices will have to use the SD 1.1 standard in order to operate with the 4GB version, which no Palm OS device yet supports.

The company plans to have the cards ready by the fouth quarter this year. ATP has not announced pricing. [/I]"

sorry folks - wipe your drool off the floor - none of the Treos will support the 4 Gig card
    yet.
    AT&T 8925 + 8GB MicroSDHC + Jabra BT8040

Copper TREO 680 + 16GB SDHC + Holux M1000B + Palm BT Keyboard + Motorola S9
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    still lookin for the elusive ultraII 2 gb
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    "
    Can someone lend me a mop?
    Treo 650 w/ TMO + T Zones.
    ^ hopeful for EDGE in NYC. <-- I think its paying off
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=88977
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=85140

http://startotal.net
    Anyone know where I can get one now? They seem to be all sold out everywhere...
    I am giving up. I am going for the 1 gig ultra II at Costco, goes on sale (coupon) for $74 on the 13th.
    I bought the ultra II 2gb card months ago at memoryonthemove.com
    Email them and ask when they'll get more in. He's a pretty good guy (mike). Since he pays cash for the product, he gets it faster than places like pcmall.com, etc.
    Dell.com also had the 2gb sd (not ultra II) for something like $130 or $140 after some special coupon. Check their site, too.
    I checked memoryonthemove and it states the card is out of stock. It's also too bad they're selling it at $220 or something.
    memorysuppliers.com

Expensive (at $249) but they have 'em. Mine shipped on 6/6.
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    I checked memoryonthemove and it states the card is out of stock. It's also too bad they're selling it at $220 or something.
    This card is harder to find than Waldo!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Can someone tell me the difference between all these cards? I want to know which to buy. Theres SD, SDIO, MMC or something. Now I see you folks talking about Ultra II. HELP.
    Mike
    SD, SDIO, MMC means the interface or physical spec. Ultra II is a SanDisk product which refers to the extra speed of the card.

SD - secure digital memory slot with option of copy protection.

SDIO - the SD slot also supports devices other than memory, such as WiFi, FM radio, etc. (There are SD slots on some PDAs that are not SDIO but not recently).

MMC - multi-media card like SD but no copy protection option, also notably slower card. Basically every SD slot accepts MMC cards but MMC is generally dead.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    So I guess, not having bought anything yet, the SD Ultra II would be the best one to get?
    ml
    There are some ATP high speed cards coming that will apparently be faster than Ultra II. See the ATP thread...
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I love the title of this thread... actually noones with you cuz we cant get the #$*% things
    I ordered a 1GB ultra II months ago and it was on back order. I finally cancelled and got the Sandisk Ultra III. (also from memoryonthemove.com) The price for the Ultra III was about $25 more but I was tired of waiting. The card is reated at 20MB/Sec but I will never see it on the treo....

The point.... If you cant get an Ultra II check to see if the Ultra III cards are avail.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Ultra III...I think you meant the "Extreme III" from Sandisk, right?
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    I was at J&R in NYC and was told that one of the manufacturer's reps said fact out that besides the marketing, the marginal difference in speed for the Ultra 2 series wouldn't be noticeable unless you were litterally looking for it. I've read different in the forums...anyone care to comment?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast