Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1
    Hi,
    Be careful. At the Treo roadshow last fall, they specifically said that there were some issues with the Treo 650 and the 2 gig cards. I am not sure if it was a specific brand, or the Treo, or if it has been resolved.

Good luck, and let us know if it works out.
    At my road show they said they had no idea until the card came out. They said there were issues with the Ultra III's. Not because of not working, I thought it was because it couldn't utilize the speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dok_indo
    In stock here--at a good price, too. No problems with this seller - good reviews on PriceGrabber.
    Sandisk 2 gb SD Ultra II
    Sweet!! $170 for a 2GB Ultra II card is a much reasonable price for me. Just ordered one. Thanks for the 411! Time to rip more movies for my TCPMP player.
    In stock here--at a good price, too. No problems with this seller - good reviews on PriceGrabber.
    Sandisk 2 gb SD Ultra II
    If you read the specifications, it says 512MB for storage capacity...not 2GB.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    If you read the specifications, it says 512MB for storage capacity...not 2GB.
    The "Mfg part number" reads SDSDH-2048-901. When doing a google search on this part number, they're all 2GB Ultra II's, not the 512MB. I'm sure the "512MB" on the specs is an error.
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad92
    Cheaper yes
    slower yes
    Wow, I ordered my 2GB Ultra II card from BananaPC yesterday and it arrived today!! I even picked the cheapest shipping method.
    Sandisk 2 gb SD Ultra II
    Thanks dok_indo for the awesome tip about BananaPC!

Like TR30, I placed my order yesterday, chose the free UPS ground shipping, and received the card today!

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Are you who have bought the 2 GB finding it works in your card readers? I have a card reader built into my HP laptop and I have a separate Lexar Jump Drive Trio card reader I use in my desktop USB port and it would be very unfortunate if I spend the money on this 2 GB card to find that I can't use my card readers.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    Are you who have bought the 2 GB finding it works in your card readers? I have a card reader built into my HP laptop and I have a separate Lexar Jump Drive Trio card reader I use in my desktop USB port and it would be very unfortunate if I spend the money on this 2 GB card to find that I can't use my card readers.
    Hi treo600guy, funny you should mention that.

I use a Mac PowerBook with Missing Sync, plus a Sandisk 6-in-1 PC Card Adapter (card reader that uses my PowerBook's PCMCIA slot). I am having problems with the card reader -- the card reader recognizes the 2GB card, but doesn't let me copy files to it! I couldn't find any information on Sandisk's website documenting this problem; I've emailed their customer support group and am awaiting a reply.

I can, however, use Missing Sync's disk mounting feature (via USB cable) with the 2GB card, but it is slower and therefore not my first choice!

My previous card was a Sandisk SD Ultra 512MB, and I had absolutely no card reader problems with it.

tanster
    treo600guy/tanster,

I have both the Lexar JumpDrive Trio and the SanDisk 6-in-1 PCMCIA card reader for my Sony laptop and I'm not having any problems copying files from the PC to my 2GB card and vice versa.

tanster, not sure if this makes any difference, but did you format your card first? If not, try that out and see if that resolves it.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    The card worked with the card reader, but not with my treo 650. Is this a card problem or a treo problem?
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    It's a big investment considering I seem to have so many SD cards now ranging from the smallest to what used to be the largest so before I jump in I want to be reasonably sure it will be a seamless transition.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    treo600guy/tanster,

I have both the Lexar JumpDrive Trio and the SanDisk 6-in-1 PCMCIA card reader for my Sony laptop and I'm not having any problems copying files from the PC to my 2GB card and vice versa.

tanster, not sure if this makes any difference, but did you format your card first? If not, try that out and see if that resolves it.
    Thanks for your reply, TR30!

Yes, I tried formatting the card first, but it didn't work. At one point the card became so corrupted, my 650 would freeze if I inserted the card and tried to format it! I ended up having to run Mac OS X Disk Utility's "Repair Disk Permissions" while the card was in the reader, before the Treo would recognize it as a formattable disk.

In any case, I am back to using Missing Sync's disk mounting feature to copy files from my PowerBook to the card. Since it's working fine for you on your Sony laptop, I will have to try it on my PC. Thanks for the tip!

tanster
    I just checked the Bananna link. I could be mistaken, but the link to the 2GB cards states the item is unavailable.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    I just checked the Bananna link. I could be mistaken, but the link to the 2GB cards states the item is unavailable.
    you're late.
    AT&T 8925 + 8GB MicroSDHC + Jabra BT8040

Copper TREO 680 + 16GB SDHC + Holux M1000B + Palm BT Keyboard + Motorola S9
    Well, that's a major pain in the prosterior! Any chance other sites will have it for that/simiular price...or that the banana site will have more in stock the next few weeks? Maybe if I wait long enough (but not too long) Costco might get the Ultra II 2GB cards...
    ###
    This thing rocks and it's going so dan fast. I have a cheapey 8 in1 reader from QPS that has not problem with the SD Card.

WOOT.

Here are some good sites for podcasts. If anyone has anymore or any better let me know. {= D

http://www.techpodcasts.com/
    http://www.podcast.net/
    http://www.ipodder.org/
    The card worked with the card reader, but not with my treo 650. Is this a card problem or a treo problem?

Hello

I have the exact same problem. If anyone has any suggestions (in addition to the fact that card should be exchanged) I would very much appreciate it.

Here's the deal:

The card can be read with no problems with my 9 in one made in chinaUSB 2.0 card reader.

I can copy files to it and from it with no problems. If I backup my other cards and then copy to this card, the card does NOT work in the TREO 650 at all.

Note: The card is technically recognized since "card info" shows a 1.8GB card but none of the applications or data (photos, movies etc.) are read even though the folders are identical to other working cards.

I have reformatted the card on the TREO 650 and the card is still not working on the 650 but works and can be read with the card reader.

I might be missing something and or doing something wrong so I 'm ready for suggestions and will appreciate any and all assistance.

Thanks

Mike
    Hello:

My card is working now. I had to reformat it a few times and check that the applications were in the launcher folder which is in the PALM folder. Thanks.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast