Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I love mine, although admittedly I can't get the phone to stay on my belt and have a clear conversation with my headset. That's what breat pockets are for. At least, that's what I tell myself.
    Wow, I'm surprised someone would put up with that. Cardo told me it was an issue with the Treo 650 but personally I don't care. It did not work as advertised and I am not going to deal with static. My Treo is on my hip almost all day. If I didn't want the mobility I would have stuck with a wired headset.

I'm moving on to the next contender.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Has anyone used the HBH-300 with noise cancelation ...? I have heard that you can use the jabra ear gel piece with this unit and its volume is great and sounds great on both ends whats the truth?
    Yes, you're right. I suppose I do put up with less than stellar performance from my BT connection. Honestly though, I don't have unlimited funds, nor does my wife have unlimited patience. I've already been through several BT headsets and had the same, or similar issues. This forum is not much help, either. I appreciate all the info I get here, but for every headset someone says "works great" there are two saying it doesn't. The Scala is a great example of this. I'm sorry, but I don't believe its the headset. It is the phone. The headset works great with other BT phones! Since my last post about the LG I've also paired it with a Moto V710 and that worked great as well. Not working as advertised? Welcome to the wonderful world of Treo, pal.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Yes, you're right. I suppose I do put up with less than stellar performance from my BT connection. Honestly though, I don't have unlimited funds, nor does my wife have unlimited patience. I've already been through several BT headsets and had the same, or similar issues. This forum is not much help, either. I appreciate all the info I get here, but for every headset someone says "works great" there are two saying it doesn't. The Scala is a great example of this. I'm sorry, but I don't believe its the headset. It is the phone. The headset works great with other BT phones! Since my last post about the LG I've also paired it with a Moto V710 and that worked great as well. Not working as advertised? Welcome to the wonderful world of Treo, pal.
    I hear ya. I am trying the Tekkeon ezTalker Mini because it received good consumer reviews at CNET and someone there with a 650 rated it a 10. If this one does not live up to expectations I will most likely stick with a wired headset until PalmOne can fix the BT issue.

I have my Scala 500 on eBay and it's already at half of what I paid so at least I'll get some of my money back.

BTW, I didn't mean to come off nasty. I like you am frustrated with the BT headset quality. I let you know how the Tekkeon works out. I should have it Monday.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat
    I hear ya. I am trying the Tekkeon ezTalker Mini because it received good consumer reviews at CNET and someone there with a 650 rated it a 10. If this one does not live up to expectations I will most likely stick with a wired headset until PalmOne can fix the BT issue.

I have my Scala 500 on eBay and it's already at half of what I paid so at least I'll get some of my money back.

BTW, I didn't mean to come off nasty. I like you am frustrated with the BT headset quality. I let you know how the Tekkeon works out. I should have it Monday.
    Please do. I haven't heard of that one. I have a birthday coming up and was considering asking the Mrs. for the TWH, but I'll go for anything that works! The HBH-660 gets good reviews as well, but damn it's expensive! Maybe you get what you pay for. Also, I know there's a forum for this, but another thing that bothers me is that when Treo central does post a review of BT headsets, they never mention much in regards to how it interacts with the Treo, or it's "known" BT issues. I love this sight, and this is the first time I've really had anything negative to say about them, but that really bothers me! Do you get a hum? How does it work on the side of your body? How quick is it to answer? These are some of the things I'd like to hear about. Not a whole page about pairing. Not size, weight, and comfort! Those are important too, I suppose, but where's the "Ok, with a Treo, this one sucked. Here's why." portion of the review? Ya know? TreoCentral, I love ya, but give us some honest REVIEWS based on the product you know we're ALL gonna be using it with!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch
    Having all kinds of feedback/static issues with the Scala. Anyone else have the same?
    I have had static on my side the other side seems clear. I'll be exchanging it this week. I don't have high hopes about the replacement though.
  7. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I've had the Scala, and the Jabra BT250v, both sucked, just got my HBH-662, it works fine.
    After the latest update, my Jabra BT250, one of the first ones, works great. I can now be around 20' away and still be clear. Maybe a little static at time. Before the update, I had the Scala 500 for my office and the Jabra in my truck. Now, the Jabra works good in all places including my home which is full of wireless devices which was causing major static. Now, for the most part, the Jabra is clear. The Scala works better as well. It has a little more static than the Jabra, which is opposite of what many have written in the past. I prefer carrying the Jabra. With the shape of it, I can loop it around buttons on my shirt and it is out of the way and I don't have to worry about it dropping from my shirt pocket when I bend over. It also relatively out of site when looped around a button.

I'm still not certain there is a "best" BT. I think it greatly depends on a person's environment.
    My best suggestion is Nokia HS-21W, best reception, best pickup - no delay.
    and one of my preference is that you don't have to put it over your ear all the time, it's a clip-on ones.

http://www.nokia.com/BaseProject/Sit...in_page_v4.jpghttp://www.nokia.com/BaseProject/Sit...in_page_v4.jpg
    Asia Pacific Traveller (HK based)
    Quote Originally Posted by twohand
    My best suggestion is Nokia HS-21W, best reception, best pickup - no delay.
    and one of my preference is that you don't have to put it over your ear all the time, it's a clip-on ones.

http://www.nokia.com/BaseProject/Sit...in_page_v4.jpghttp://www.nokia.com/BaseProject/Sit...in_page_v4.jpg

Doesn't the wire defeat the purpose of having a Bluetooth headset? I know that there is no wire to the phone but having any wire would seem less than desirable.
    Quote Originally Posted by kboogie
    Doesn't the wire defeat the purpose of having a Bluetooth headset? I know that there is no wire to the phone but having any wire would seem less than desirable.
    It would seem to me that because you could clip it on near your collar you eliminate the problems of the longer from the phone cord snagging on things like seatbelts or on other things when you bend over. It would also fit under a bicycle or motorcycle helmut more easily although I assume the mike is in the body so any speed at all would likely cause horrendous wind noise if you try to use it on the move.
    I've had my TWH in use now for one day, and I must say its so far so good. No audio issues, and no issues with pairing. It does feel a bit loose on the ear, but I hope those Jabra ear gells do the trick. If anybody has any lanyard tricks, I'm all ears.
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    It does feel a bit loose on the ear. If anybody has any lanyard tricks, I'm all ears.
    That's why it's loose! Yuck yuck yuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by kboogie
    This is the reason I wouldnt be interested in this particular one. BT to me means no wires; even if it does clip somewhere.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    It would seem to me that because you could clip it on near your collar you eliminate the problems of the longer from the phone cord snagging on things like seatbelts or on other things when you bend over. It would also fit under a bicycle or motorcycle helmut more easily although I assume the mike is in the body so any speed at all would likely cause horrendous wind noise if you try to use it on the move.
    nope, instead there is no wind noise as the mic is attached to the earpiece, an excellent design, the problem you mentioned do appear in all other 'wired' bluetoot headset

btw, the battery is exchangeable.

as said, different ppl has different preference, maybe I am wearing glasses, I don't want my ear to get 'overloaded'
    Asia Pacific Traveller (HK based)
    Quote Originally Posted by twohand
    nope, instead there is no wind noise as the mic is attached to the earpiece, an excellent design, the problem you mentioned do appear in all other 'wired' bluetoot headset

btw, the battery is exchangeable.

as said, different ppl has different preference, maybe I am wearing glasses, I don't want my ear to get 'overloaded'
    That would be great. I wonder if your voice would have trouble reaching the mike when using a motorcycle helmet as there is padding in the cheek area. If there is no problem it would be a nice solution. If I can find one here I will look pretty silly wearing a helmet in a phone store trying it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    That's why it's loose! Yuck yuck yuck.
    Ha ha ha................

I ment has anybody attached a "neck strap" to the TWH, and if so how.

BTW, the Jabra ear gels helps keep it on my ear more firmly. Kudos for the recomendation..................
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Just ordered the Palmone headset on Buy.com. It's 53.04 w/free shipping and I got a link for a 10% off coupon at another site.

the headset is here: http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...1&loc=101&sp=1

the link for the coupon is this: http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp...915&adid=17662

My order came to $47.74 w/shipping
    Well have tried three headsets thus far in the past month. Jabra BT250v, Plantronics M2500 and Motorolla HS850.

Love the fit of the Plantronics and Jabra. Hated the Motorolla's fit, didn't rest low enough on my ear and always felt loose. I found the Jabra's microphone rested on my cheek, which may not seem like an issue but if you haven't shaven then it brushes against your face and sounds like static. Vibrate feature was annoying. Jabra fit great and was comfortable. Mic was longer and kept a good distance from face. Motorolla mic was good.

Received static on the Jabra and Plantronics but Motorolla was crystal clear.

Plantronics seemed to pickup lots of background noise when using in car. Needed to keep the headset within 2ft of the phone to avoid static. Had issues with putting phone on left side and headset on opposite side -- created lots of static. As the battery drained connections seemed worse. Good volume on ear piece. Connections were fast, 1 second or so, but distance was bad. I was really hoping this would have worked better because it fit the best.

Jabra picked up background noise while driving. Took 3 - 5 seconds to make a connection - which I think is unacceptable. Good volume on ear piece. Lots of static regardless of where I put the headset.

Motorolla was crystal clear and worked the best. No static, could wear headset on opposite side of phone. Good distance, pumped gas and talked while phone was in car. No background noise issues when driving, except for not being able to hear the caller. Fit seemed flimsy and pain to get on. Guess I must have big ears...headset sit to high on ear and thus volume was very low even after turn headset and phone to full volume. Connections were fast but you need to press button on headset to connect as opposed to pressing answer on the treo -- minor annoyance.

Next stop --- Logitech Mobile Pro...should receive it on friday. Hoping this one works out for me.
    I just got my PalmOne headset; it works great, sounds great. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast