1.    #1  
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...59-60--225.htm
    is anyone using this? does it work well? is it worth it?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...59-60--225.htm
    is anyone using this? does it work well? is it worth it?
    Read the product information more carefully.

"Pre-order, ships in April" means no one has one yet.
  3.    #3  
    OWNED myself. anyone considering getting it?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I was considering it...but I need to save up and would like to read some reviews too...
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    OWNED myself. anyone considering getting it?
    so, does it work? is it worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by giuppi
    so, does it work? is it worth it?
    Pre-Orders - Enfora Wifi Sled for Treo 600 is expected to ship in April
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I think giuppi was joking there.

I'm considering it when I'm Not Poor.

Like maybe at the end of the summer, or at the end of December when I finish my masters' degree.
    I will probably order once I hear it works...
    I've already spent over that much on battery, cables and other accessories for the 600 that are obsolete. No way I'll put another $150 into the money pit...

Besides, I have Sprint PCS... what possible use do I have for wifi when I have all-you-can-eat data for $15 bux a month? Ok, ok... when I'm in a Starbucks in the middle of some farmfield in Nebraska where I'm roaming off Sprint... but really - wifi on the Treo 600?!? Even justifying it for DUN is pointless.. just use the USB cable and PDAnet.

Bluetooth... maybe, for about $40-50. The ability to use a wireless headset, sync wirelessly, pair with others might be fun. But really - wifi on the Treo 600?!?!?!?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    $149 is a little steep for the casual user, especially with Sprint Vision. I use Verizon minutes, so it is easier to justify. In NYC I can tap into hotspots free all day, and save money. Anyway, I probably would have leaped at this three months ago. Now, I am thinking my 600 is a year old. It works but is in the potentially flaky battery production run. If the sled isn't out soon, the i730 with built in wifi could be out on Verizon, or some other high speed Verizon product with a thumb board.
    Could you imagine if we lived in a world where new products were available when they were announced? Decisions would be so much easier.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Since I just bought my 600, that means no new phones for 2 years unless I want to pay $100 extra. The WiFi sled will pay for itself in just over 3 months with Verizon.

The only thing I'm worried about is that it might be incompatible with the weirdo authentication scheme used by Rutgers' campus wireless LAN. (One of those web-based login to enable routing beyond the gateway deals)
    I have not look at the endora wifi for the treo carefully, but I owned one for my T3, and it sucked. I could never properly use random wifi - except at home.

It was better to use bluetooth with my cellphone. I cannot image why anyone would want this with a treo? What's the point of having a combo cell/pda?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    "I cannot image why anyone would want this with a treo? What's the point of having a combo cell/pda?"

1) Data capability inside buildings where cell signals don't penetrate but someone has set up an AP
    2) Broadband data capability that is faster than what cell phone providers offer, and free as opposed to either $45/month or $$$ per kilobyte, or in the case of CSD data, coming out of your minutes and only offering a 14.4 connection. In short, use wifi when you have it to save money, and the phone for data elsewhere.
    Trust me, it is not any faster. Processor speed is much quicker on a T3 than the Treo 600, so it will be slower regardless of broadband.

I work in many old rustic courthouses with tons of brick and mortar, and the speeds I got with my T3/endora were hardly faster than the Treo 600.

As I said earlier, I could not access most free sites; although, it may have had something to do with the browser. Regardless, I was highly disappointed, for they were $199 at the time. I ebayed it for $120.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdawg
    I have not look at the endora wifi for the treo carefully, but I owned one for my T3, and it sucked. I could never properly use random wifi - except at home.

It was better to use bluetooth with my cellphone. I cannot image why anyone would want this with a treo? What's the point of having a combo cell/pda?
    I am not sure of this but I thought about it (especially with CDMA)...I would like to use wifi to surf the net or to listen to streaming music. That way, if someone calls, it wont go straight to voicemail.
    I'm waiting for the next Treo.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Anyone have any idea whatever became of this vaporware? In January, it was supposed to be available in early February. Now, it's early June and there still is no sign of it...
    Seems to be going down the vaporware drain of shame.
    What would be interesting with this gizmo would be a VOIP app bundled with it. Routing your calls over your home WIFI network or through a hotspot would save a fortune and pay for itself in a month of using a hotel hotspot rather than roaming.
    I wonder for calls...how good it would sound...especially after someone posted that it probably wouldn't be much faster than a 14.4 connection?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve