Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yes indeed, the 650 is gorgeous hardware... many improvements.

Unfortunately the glaringly bad news is they released this puppy WAY too early.

The good news is ALL of this stuff can be fixed!... most of us believe this.

Help me fix it!

I took the time to create the petition site: www.treo650update.com to help pressure PalmOne to get the job done.

Now I just need you to take a few seconds and sign it....

There is power in numbers, please be the next snowflake in the blizzard.

Thanks!
    Last edited by tundycentral; 04/01/2005 at 10:57 PM.
    I love my Sprint Treo 650, have since I bought it. Love it even more now that 1.08 is out. Sorry you are not happy, but I most definately do not share your opinion.

I am very satisfied with my Treo 650, hardware, software, firmware and memory.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    I love my Sprint Treo 650, have since I bought it. Love it even more now that 1.08 is out. Sorry you are not happy, but I most definately do not share your opinion.

I am very satisfied with my Treo 650, hardware, software, firmware and memory.

Cheers
    DITTO!
    wow, tundy...where DO you find the time

Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    dethman - "what rock have you been under? we've known this for months."

Nice, very nice... well, actually kind of bitter and sad.

Thanks......... "Rock" indeed.

What Rock have I been under? Since the GSM got released?.. gee let me think... oh yeah: Private pilot training, working my existing 4 physical businesses, locking in 36-37 new domains, going back and forth developing half a dozen websites (3 e-commerce), maintaining and updating the other 32 current sites, training every day, a weekend paddling in an off-shore kayak race, cooking, yes cooking.. it's awesome... and a gorgeous girl that loves to keep me busy in the bedroom... yeah... that rock, genius...

JudasPriest guys, it's a nice piece of hardware with an outdated OS, ****ty software and an inadequate amount of memory... what else is there to say?

This "current" company, PalmOne, has lost their vision, their focus... they're stale.

Instead of hanging out in front of the computer all day, nagging each other about hacking this and tweaking that... why don't you just join forces and push PalmOne to do their freaking job and deliver what they said they'd deliver in the first place.

Get a freaking life....

You know... maybe if you LOOK for more and ASK for more in life, you'd start getting it.. get out and get some fresh air.

Cage Rattling Question #1: When was the last time you walked up to a beautiful woman, looked her in the eye and with a smile, told her what was on your mind?... yeah, precisely.

If you wonder why I don't reply to the majority of your smirking adolescent remarks, it's simple... I'm not freaking here... I generally see the BS 12 hours after the fact. The only reason I come on this forum is to check for hints on bluetooth, firmware and software updates.

SMILE, RELAX, LIVE YOUR LIVES.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...yak#post596282
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    No the 650 is a fantastc produc...RESET...I find it very convenien...RESET...RESET...important call coming in...RESET...new software I want to tr...RESET...RESET...
    What happened to your last website Tundy? I, like many other members, love every aspect of my Treo. Maybe you ought to spend less time registering domain names and figure out how to use your device.

It is blatantly obvious to me that you should rethink your remarks urging other members to "get a life" (as referenced by Dutch) and spend more time getting certain priorities straight.
    Tundy, if you have a sprint 650, try the updater. It works wonders. The 650 is now what it should have been. And if it helps you sleep better at night, all the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    No the 650 is a fantastc produc...RESET...I find it very convenien...RESET...RESET...important call coming in...RESET...new software I want to tr...RESET...RESET...
    LOL. Hahahaha
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Samsung's new 7 Meg camera phone and 2 Meg camera phones

http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/0...msung/index.php

The long term strategy would have been for PalmOne to hook us with great software. So far they've been doing just the opposite, and soon other hardware makers will eclipse anything PalmOne could do.
    take a good look at the new IPAQ 6500 thats coming out soon. will be a Palm Killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    Samsung's new 7 Meg camera phone and 2 Meg camera phones

http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/0...msung/index.php

The long term strategy would have been for PalmOne to hook us with great software. So far they've been doing just the opposite, and soon other hardware makers will eclipse anything PalmOne could do.

That link didnt work but I found this

Samsung
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    Yes indeed, the 650 is gorgeous hardware... many improvements.

Unfortunately the glaringly bad news is they released this puppy WAY to early....
    Speak for yourself. I think they released it LATE. Mine has been working fine. Sure, had a couple of issues here and there, but overall this thing is WONDERFUL.

And try to be more original next time when advertising your website...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Now it's Treo650unlock.com? What happened to Treo650update.com? I guess the 33 people who signed that petition have made their point.

33 snowflakes do not make a blizzard...well unless you are in Hawaii or something...
    The old site is still up. And the new one isn't uploaded yet.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    take a good look at the new IPAQ 6500 thats coming out soon. will be a Palm Killer.
    I'm going to take a wait and see on HP. There was another HP model that was supposed to be a Palm killer. T-Mobile dumped it after hyping it so much, due to complaints of defects. HP has problems too.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    There's very little I dislike, let alone hate about the 650...hardware or software. My entire experience has been good. I think I've had two resets since I bought the phone in February and those turned out to be related to the docs to go thing.

Does anyone else kind of find these arguments silly? It reminds me of the argument I had with litte Patrick Shaefer when were 8, he loved his Evil Kenevil action figure and I really liked the GI Joes. <Called me a warmonger...that hurt>

These things abound all over the gadget space of the internet...the ipodkiller fans against the Ipod fans, the x-box folks against the ps2 folks, the list goes on and on.

Somehow it plays on the fear that what we buy is going to turn out to not be the best and someone will soon have something better. Since when do we define ourselves by what we buy? Lord forbid I buy a $500 phone that is obsolete in a year or is not the hottest thing out there. I have a closet full of gadgets i know longer use, and yet I still keep buying. The best or not.

Its all strange to me.
    T650 is fine with me.

Anyone else think tundycentral should probably pay for some ad space if they are going to keep posting threads to promote their own web site?
  18.    #19  
    Screwed up... thank you for correcting me... the petition is at www.treo650update.com.

And dutchtrumpet (what is that, a flower, a jazz reference or something unsavory I might find on a side street in Amsterdam? )... thanks again for republishing and rehashing my remarks to the die hard fan boys from a month or so ago... sorry, the strategy will not work, nice try though.

Make no mistake, I am dedicated to getting this beautiful piece of hardware to it's full potential as quickly as possible.

And for the record... if you're happy as a clam with the 650 as it is, then I'm happy for you but it's along way from the superb piece of equipment it was designed to be...

KRam... yeah, I heard the sprint updater is a significant improvement (sans menu re-write b.s.) alas, I am GSM.

Cheers,
    Tundy
  19.    #20  
    By the way, if nothing more... go to the petition and just click through to see what the signers have to say...

There is some very insightful, relevant stuff there from people all over, who also care about the logical next step for the 650.

and dutch... I won't be baited any more, save your breath...
    I've changed, can you?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast