Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    nice edit by the way
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I do feel the sprint update has addressed all that can be without a new device.
    Dutch,

C'mon now... are you serious? forget the bugs and resets and the fact that the 650 is short about 100 MB of memory...

What about all the design flaws and backward steps from the 600?

My approach is to apply pressure and hope that 50 other people duplicate my efforts as originally stated...

Then let Wall Street Speak.

I'm sure that your conversations with some P1 secretaries was very (temporarily) gratifying and I applaud your taking at least some kind of action.

Look, bear with me here for a moment...

I feel that life is short, I define accomplishments during a young active life in these terms:

Age 20 to 60 you have 40 years, fairly significant goals can usually be met within 6 months, which means you have essentially 80 blocks of time to spend in your 'young' life... don't misunderstand, I'm not defining this tiny little "side endeavor" as one of those goals. What I AM saying is that in this day and age, with beta testing having become a time-tested, finite science and routine part of bringing a product to market... I don't have time to be an unwilling beta tester for PalmOne while I'm working hard on one of my real goals.

I'm a youthful age 44... tick tock... ya following this?

Gotta go, got an early breakfast on Duval Street tomorrow..

Cheers,

Tundy
  3.    #63  
    Why provide someone with an angry frame of reference when my current approach is more productive... by the way?

And what business venture are you referring to?
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    Why provide someone with an angry frame of reference

i don't know what this means
    And what business venture are you referring to?

I am assuming your efforts to put pressure on P1 are not a philanthropic pursuit but rather a means to recoup some sort of financial compensation or reputation.

I am human and err frequently, if that is the case I am sorry.
    Dutch,

C'mon now... are you serious? forget the bugs and resets and the fact that the 650 is short about 100 MB of memory...
    this is why I said only a hardware upgrade can correct these issues.
    I feel that life is short, I define accomplishments during a young active life in these terms:

Age 20 to 60 you have 40 years, fairly significant goals can usually be met within 6 months, which means you have essentially 80 blocks of time to spend in your 'young' life...

I agree with this 1000000% and always love to toss ideas with people that share this view with whether we agree or not.

my best!

Phil
  8.    #68  
    Dutch/Phil,

Nope, not looking for any compensation or reimbursment, I have enough other site's for that... quite the contrary in fact... I'm using many of my other sites and those that I network with to boost rankings on www.treo650update.com through links. As a result, it's already climbing on Google, Yahoo, etc. and DMOZ has picked it up as well. I'm fairly optimistic about the outcome, petition signings wise anyway. Now, if over the long haul it get's a high Google relevancy rating, sure, I most likely will use it to boost other sites, but that's pretty much it.... very minor stuff and I'd do that with any site.

Regarding the Memory issue, that's the ONLY thing out of dozens of issues that would require actual hardware replacement... everything else is about software (with the possible exception of BT.. I really don't know enough about it to say one way or the other. Oh by the way... you know what really makes me ill? The notion that P1 might actually be DELIBERATELY not supporting many top of the line, cutting edge BT headsets in an effort TO SELL THEIR OWN. What leads me to that possiblility is that on their BT Compatibility Page they only list 10 headsets, but get this: TWO OF THEM ARE THEIR's... and if I'm not mistaken, it's the same one!.. just worded differently! If this theory pans out, I'm sure you'd join me in condemning this approach as reprehensible.

There are so many minor issues that, when added together, are significant, that I haven't even brought up... just stuff that, with heavy daily business use are time-consuming and generally non-intuitive.

The "angry frame of reference" I was referring to was that early "under a rock" letter of mine you re-published at the beginning of this thread. Re-publishing that lends nothing toward the cause of improving the 650 and served only to display my level of disbelief with some of the remarks of others on treocentral at that time.

I'm just trying to understand why some people (very few really) on treocentral are absolutely 100% happy with the way the Treo 650 is right now?!?!?! Are they using it?... Not only do they approve of the shoddy software.. they DEFEND it and get indignant with others that want more out of it!... incredible!... They obviously don't depend on it day to day to make money and communicate.

I'm just trying to understand why some people (very few really) on treocentral are absolutely 100% happy with the way the Treo 650 is right now?!?!?! Are they using it?... Not only do they approve of the shoddy software.. they DEFEND it and get indignant with others that want more out of it!... incredible!... They obviously don't depend on it day to day to make money and communicate.
    Use mine daily. Use it to make money. Works great. You need a replacement, or a new hobby.

You want a send a message, tell them you want a refund and use something else. That would send a message.

This is like the many upset Windows USERS that continue to use. So long as you use it you're really not unhappy.

If you think your boyfriend/girlfriend (treo/P1) is not treating you right why keep him/her by your side ? (I guess you're gonna make him/her love you right ?)

I don't find near 90% to be "very few" but whatever works for you.

And if you're wondering about who is "hating" just look at the title of this thread. You used the word "hate" first and your hate is directed at P1. That makes you and your band P1 haters by definition.
  10.    #70  
    Darnell,

Hobby... hah!

Is that what you tell your school board appointed shrink?

What can I say to someone like you darnell... Enjoy your teen years while you're there...

While you're at it... enjoy your highlighted 'cancel' button in the call log while driving down the street, trying to keep your eyes on the road (hands free... hah!) enjoy your BT headset that you can't voicedial out of, enjoy your hundreds of 3rd party apps that you "all of the sudden" can't use any more with this device, enjoy having to tap the 'Hang Up' button twice to end a call occasionally, enjoy the 5 earthshaking MB of memory you may have gained with the Sprint updater... oooooh yeah, have a ball with looking for the new entry you just placed in contacts after having been re-directed randomly elsewhere, revel in the moment while you try to see who is calling you because the 650 is lying flat on your desk rather than in a $3 cradle they chose to no longer provide, experience the joy in discovering your stylus is missing when you know it was there yesterday but you haven't used it in a week, may a large genuine _ _ _ _ -eating grin break across your face when you try with futility to simply add tax to a total one day with less than 10 key strokes... Oh happy happy, joy joy.

Bliss is a wonderful thing, isn't it.

Help with the improvements or step aside and stop wasting my time.

ONE LAST TIME for the reading impaired .... hardware = great software = a joke.

Got it this time?

For the record: I am setting it on the shelf for until they have addressed the issues. I am going back to the Treo 600 with a bulky little Jabra BT adapter.

Why?... that's easy:

Treo 600:
    OK Screen,
    Poor Camera,
    Bulky
    Works Consistently
    Solid BT compatibility & performance, probably with voice dialing
    Tons of 3rd party apps including Call Sheild Pro.

vs.

Treo 650:
    Great Screen,
    OK Camera,
    Smaller profile,
    No BT (not consistently, no call sheild, no voicedial)
    No 3rd party apps,
    NO THANKS.

In business, especially during crunch time... the 600 wins every time.
    Last edited by tundycentral; 04/03/2005 at 06:09 PM.
    Darnell,
    Darnell makes **** up in order to have fights with others, becuase he LIKES THE FIGHTING. He will quote his "90%" thing in his deathbed as the big triumph of his life, he thinks it's so clever. Don't try to argue with him, YOU'RE wasting your time.

Got it this time?
    Tundy, for what it's worth, I agree with many of your *core* complaints. It's a fact that the 650 is full of sub-par, outdated software that would get people fired at Apple, for example, and yet these people feel a need to defend it against critical opinions for no intelligent reason. But if you're as old, experienced, worldly and successful as you make a point of saying almost every time, you should know by now that boasting about how superior and successful you are and insulting people at the first sign of disagreement is a sure way to alienate them and keep them from supporting anything you do. Anyone with ANY experience leading teams knows this, except you. What the hell are you doing acting like you're the most important man in the world? The people I know who are truly important don't make it a point of mentioning how they are blessing me with 10 seconds of their time because they own 50 other businesses, ESPECIALLY when they're trying to get me to do something for which they have no pull whatsoever, which is your case. For the record, I think you're full of **** on all those counts, but that's just my opinion on your personal boasting crap that everybody hates here.
    And if you come back with "sorry I don't have time for your teenage crap, I'm going to be having sex with my hot chick while I count my millions on my water bed on top of my limo while I talk on the phone with the president" crap, then I'll personally consider you a lost cause. I guess it's nothing to you, but you lose a potential supporter of the cause you keep promoting here.
    What can I say to someone like you darnell... Enjoy your teen years while you're there...
    I am far from a teen. And must say I find some of your complaints about this device to be rather juvenile for sure..

Here is a "not so small" group that finds the Treo 650 to be invaluable!!! (And NSiNSiNSi, I did not make this one up! I didn't make up the results in those other polls either!)

And while not today tundycentral, one day I think you would use your site for profit if its popularity rose to the levels you hope it does. Because ultimately the lame list of complaints you've made is all a play for your own personal gain IMHO.

You should just hope P1 does not sue you for a domain name they might construe they would use themselves.

I guess the market on protests was already filled for everything else under the sun and you found something you could say you launched a protest about first. Congratulations .
  13.    #73  
    NSI, LOL.. point taken... very valid too... and evidently, you're also correct about darnell too... but I think he's a she by her writing style.... it's too kinesthetic for a guy... (I sight the girlfriend/P1 comparison.)

Cheers.
    NSI, LOL.. point taken... very valid too... and evidently, you're also correct about darnell too... but I think he's a she by her writing style.... it's too kinesthetic for a guy... (I sight the girlfriend/P1 comparison.)

Cheers.
    I'm a man baby .

So first you try and dismiss me with the "teenager" remark and then the "he's a she" remark.

But trust me tundycentral, I'm not going anywhere! You're petty insults only show me the truth is eating you up! The vast majority of T650 owners are happy with the device!
  15.    #75  
    Good deal darnell,

You stay right there... I'm going down to the pier to watch the sun go down, drink in hand... salute.

Asta Luego.. Ciao.
  16.    #76  
    Oh and one more thing, I just checked my email on the way out... 4 more signers on the petition while we were um "chatting".. darnell, you should see what they're saying... these are not cranks and whiners you'll have to admit.

SE Rankings rule.
    Are there people upset with the T650, yes. I'm sure your little band will enjoy telling "tales of wo" to each other . In the end while you exist you are a very small portion of the T650 population.

And while you're out having that drink, odds are if you find 10 T650 owners you'll only find 1 that is unhappy .
    Darnell, let me guess: are you a republican?
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi
    Darnell, let me guess: are you a republican?
    I would only hope so. The last thing we need are more roaming bands of lemmings, speaking loudly and looking to blame-shift things they should be accountable for on others, while being in the minority.

Oh wait, that's what this petition is for. 52 Users have signed the petition? Sweet mother of God, there is no doubt that PalmOne is just tripping over themselves trying to get this resolved.

Ready for reality? If you have a problem with the Treo 650, don't buy it, return it. Otherwise, shut your f'n mouth and get on with life. Go look for other ways to pussify the majority.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    I would only hope so. The last thing we need are more roaming bands of lemmings, speaking loudly and looking to blame-shift things they should be accountable for on others, while being in the minority.Ready for reality? If you have a problem with the Treo 650, don't buy it, return it. Otherwise, shut your f'n mouth and get on with life. Go look for other ways to pussify the majority.
    Hahahah... thanks for that. You made my day and I'm still laughing.

Oh and btw, dunno if you bothered to read anything but I think Tundycentral's site is useless and haven't signed or visited it and I have no idea how many people have or have not signed it. But he's free to do whatever he wants, I know that rubs you the wrong way, but that's the way it's supposed to be.

Cheers.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast