Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I'm having some difficulty listening to music (native Mp3 format) from my card. I purchased a 1-GB PNY card, and am listening through the treo speaker (until I get my headset) via Realplayer.

Unfortunately, the songs pause for about half a second every 15 seconds or so. Is this a card speed issue, a treo hardware issue, or a realplayer software issue? I should note that I have none of the following - another card to test with, another treo to try, or another program which runs MP3s.

Any suggestions?
    I have a SanDisk 1Gig card and use Real Player and have no issues at all. In fact I am very happy with the sound considering its phone!

Do you have any programs that might occupy the processor say email or something?

If and when you get it working I was able to pick up a 2.5mm to 3.5mm Stereo adapter from Radio Shack for 4 bucks, it worked really good.

As far as not having another memory card did you order the free one PalmOne is offering? I do not have the link handy but with a Serial number from your installation CD along with another number on your phone and they send you a 256meg card for free. Do a search on the boards for the link.
    had the same problem,

Sounds like your trying to save sace on the card by changing the bit rate to a lower setting. If the song is 3MB dont try to make it too small(900KB). Keep the size as close the original size as possible Try your highest quality mp3, itll sound fine.
    i'd be very surprised if it's a card speed issue; the read speed required to support MP3 playing is pretty low - and you've got a pretty decent card.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Actually, I didn't do anything to the mp3's - they were converted directly from cds at high quality. If the speed of the card is ok, what else could it be?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    How would I know if something is running in the background? the palmOS isn't multithreading, is it?
    What bitrate did you use for the MP3s? I can't imagine it being a card speed limitation, but if you used 320 kbps for the MP3s it may very well be. It would have to be a very slow card by today's standards, however.

I've never really used RealPlayer, but I suggest you try downloading an application that has a trial version and the capabilities to play MP3s. That way, you'll be able to find out if it is a RealPlayer issue or a card issue. Try Initiate at Hobbyistsoftware.com. It's a launcher and I believe it has a native MP3 player, and Rob let's you demo his programs for free.