Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok call me anal, I hate the color of the Sprint Treo, tha dark almost green looking thing, I would much rather have a silver one, does anyone know where I can get just the housing, and how hard are they to change?
    Last edited by brvheart; 03/31/2005 at 08:35 AM.
  2.    #2  
    no one has done this before??
    I don't think its possible. Housings for pda's a much more complicated than for phones because of the buttons/keys. So far, I have not heard of anyone selling housings for such devices.
    They only way you can change the look is to add a case. Silicone cases come in various colors and add little to the thickness. There are some leather form fitting cases as well.

An alternative is to take the device apart yourself and paint it. This is extremely risky and immediately voids your warranty. I've done it on a pda I've owned.

Or you can use skins. www.skinit.com
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    There is a thread about this, but for the Treo 600. The front is the only part available though. I believe somebody linked to it in the other thread. It was selling for $20 on ebay. Do a search and you'll probably find what I am talking about.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    BTW, my point was that if it's available for the 600 now, it'll probably be available for the 650 soon.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Almost Green??? Someone's color blind.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Maybe these guys can help!

http://www.colorwarepc.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart
    ok call me anal, I hate the color of the Sprint Treo, tha dark almost green looking thing, I would much rather have a silver one, does anyone know where I can get just the housing, and how hard are they to change?
    Yes, this would be cool since I'd like a different look once in a while.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Skinit only covers the front 100%, sides zero, and back 45%. I liked the idea, but when installed it looked crappy from any view other than straight on from the front. I took it all off. $12 experiment that failed.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    If you're in the Los Angeles area, I'll trade my case with yours. I have an unlocked/silver case.

JAMES.
    i am looking into this for my sprint 650- i want to paint it black... i have a "damaged" t650 to work with that i'm taking the case off of and masking off sections and using some krylon or something to see if it would look ok- if it does, i'm swapping the case... i'm going to see what to do about serial# ande esn stickers
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I know what you mean. There was no way I was buying that funky blue-colored Sprint Treo 650. So I dropped Sprint and bought an unlocked GSM Treo 650 in the fetching chrome and silver casing!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by snovvman
    If you're in the Los Angeles area, I'll trade my case with yours. I have an unlocked/silver case.

JAMES.
    sorry bro, no where close, thanks for the offer though
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    I know what you mean. There was no way I was buying that funky blue-colored Sprint Treo 650. So I dropped Sprint and bought an unlocked GSM Treo 650 in the fetching chrome and silver casing!

Yeah, dont know what they were thinking on the color
    Actually there are two Treo 650 housings for sale on ebay.
    Search for: Treo 650 housing
    Note: I'm not the seller.

Calico
    I like the stone category from SkinIt, but not for a Treo, but for those PPC Bricks!

And I use a silicon case from Brando, that will hide your Treo case quite well.
    try here

maybe the cases can be used to replace the existing one, i was thinking of ordering one to try

im waiting for a cingular or palmone branded one though
    ive got a new/silver housing on the way to replace the gaudy cingular one. Are the cases exactly the same in regards to screw placement and the general removal of the case compared to the 600? I found the directions on how to remove the housing on the 600 HERE

Im wondering if it is any different and if anyone has actually done this on their 650 and can give a list of the tools they used. Especially which torx driver to use.
    sorry bro, no where close, thanks for the offer though
    how you doin guys, just came back from hongkong and i happen to come across a treo 650 housing. complete three sets - face,back and battery cover, I got a blue one and a gray one. none of the says cingular or sprint. it just says treo .. I will have one custom painted royal blue to match my evo, if any of you want the other one ( gray ) let me know and make me an offer.. cheers
    It`s not how you stand by your car, It`s how you race your car.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast