1.    #1  
    I'm desperately trying to transfer my SMS threads from my Treo 600 to my Treo 650. Everything I've tried has failed, seems the structure of the 600 SMS data files is incompatible with the Messaging application that ships on the 650.

I've got the database files from the 600 backed up, so I'm wondering if it is possible to install the SMS application that shipped with the 600, or some other third party SMS application, on my Treo 650 so I can access the SMS threads copied over from the 600.

Am I making sense? Basically I'd like to copy the Treo 600 SMS PDB files over to my 650 and install an SMS application on my 650 that can access them.

When I did a full backup of my 600 I did not see any application files that sounded like SMS. What is the name of the SMS application file? And are there any other 3rd party applications that can access the Treoo 600 SMS PDB files?

Am I on the right track here or am I headed for another dead end?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    you make sense because i want to do the same also...
  3.    #3  
    I've seen other people on other sites who are upgrading to a 650 but want to salvage their SMS threads.

This can't be a very difficult application to write. Heck, I don't care if I have to start new threads on the 650, I just want to have access to my old threads from the 600. It would be great if I could get that access on my 650, but at this point I'd settle for a PC-based viewer or emulator.

I'm going to recommend this in the developers' board. If it is reasonably priced I'm sure people would be willing to pay for it.