Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dlstang
    Thanks IPSCONE for clearing that up! It's the "SIM" card NOT the "SD" card.

For those of you that have a Sprint Treo & are unfamiliar with GSM phones, I have included a picture of my problem.

Item 4:
    http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421558033/21.jpg

Notice how I have damaged the SIM slot. The damn thing does not want to slide out! Ohh well...it's not like I should be removing it.
    that was gross...my 650 doesnt have horrifying gouges where yours does, it was like flipping channels and coming across a live medical operation...please dont dig into the plastic smooth areas of your 650 then take pictures...i think im going to be sick...
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    I am with you on the following:

The call volume is pretty low. I can hardly hear most times. The speaker phone is even worse - it's so quiet it's useless. How can you screw up the most basic funtion of a phone...being able to hear the call?

The whole hotsynch cable/power charger is totally cheap. What blew my mind is there were no instructions on the proper way to remove it. Sony Ericcson phones have something similar but there is clear instructions on pulling the connector up to unclip it. I have tried pulling straight out....pulling to the left...pulling to the right...every time I wonder if it's going to break. Now sometimes when it is connected to the hotsynch clip, the charger will connect and disconnect with me barely touching it because it's so flimsly. How could the book not include something about the proper method to dis-connect it?

Anyways...end of rant...I still love this thing...
    Gotta agree on that! I had trouble pulling mine out and was scared I was going to break the contacts too. And yes, the cable and charger are painfully cheap quality. For $550 - $700(or even those that got it at $400), they really need to not do this to us. I seriously think a lot of the markup is because of the marketing they put into this.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    1. Once you get a cradle, it's only used on "road trips" so I'm not going to worry about wearing it out.

2. As above

3. Stylus much less necessary used on 650, though it compared favorably to my Vx.

4. Something's wrong, mine slides out with a fingernail and I have my nails "cut to the quick".

5. Never having had a 600 (coming from PalmVx), nothing to confuse me. Ya only gotta remember once though.

6. I think that was a 3rd party "package" option that wasn't continues in 650

7. Mute on top of phone.

8. Volume thing is a bit quirky. Take a quick look when you adjust it and it says "Hit side button to confirm". The quirk comes from having to do this 3 times, 1 at a time while using the thing you want adjusted.....no setiing to do it while phone idle. To adjust sound volume, you gotta be actively having the sound generated and then use the rocker and hit side button.

9. It's been said oftem, first in the manual. The manual is divided into first day, first week, first month kinda setup. I thought it was weird but it turns out very practical. use the ohoen as a .....well phone for the first few days. If it works, move on. Install your apps clean to the 650 (rather than hotsyncing from 600 setup) no more than few per day and always no more than one program per sync. Use Uninstall manager (1st program install) to give you a means of removing the entire application if it gets funky.
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    If you hurry you'll be number 32
    It's up to 32?????? wow...

What is that in percentage points? Or better yet, P1 Revenue? 18,000 dollars or so? They can fire 1/2 a janitor for that amount.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    The sound the sound. When I had SM #3 my sound was loads better than when I bought the phone. I went to P1 1.08, sound had nearly disappeared.

When to SM 1.08 late last night and need to test it out today. I suspect SM has the sound stuff from 1.08, and it will be the same and I'll have to figure out how to get my volume back. I will be getting BT headset soon.

#2 On my old Samsung phone there was a 5 way doohickey, worked loads better than this 5 way. No "ring" ( I have trouble with the ring as my hands are as large as my ego), just a little nipple of a joystick that when pressed produced an enter. Was way smaller than the 650 5 way
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Item 7:
    "Mute" switch is on top of the phone, in front of the card slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    7. Mute on top of phone.
    Thanks but it seems like you people were non-owners of a T600 (or maybe you were) and not aware of this cool function.

The switch on top is not MUTE that's VIBRATE, and I don't mean "mute the mic" (so that other party can't hear you) when you are on a call, but rather "mute ringtone" when a call comes in!

The Treo 600 is able to stop the ringtone (and the vibrate) by pressing the volume button (up or down) as the call continues to ring. Hope this makes sense.
    dlstang is correct. That is not a MUTE switch for silencing the ringer when a call comes in.
    They obviously did change this feature from the 600 but if you press either the messaging button or the calendar button when a call is coming in it seems to mute the ringer without sending the call straight to vmail.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    They obviously did change this feature from the 600 but if you press either the messaging button or the calendar button when a call is coming in it seems to mute the ringer without sending the call straight to vmail.
    Thanks millerhifi...I did as you said above, but it only seems to stop the ringtone for about a second then continues to ring! uggghhhh!!!!!
    Odd, mine stays silenced until it goes to vmail.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Thanks but it seems like you people were non-owners of a T600 (or maybe you were) and not aware of this cool function.

The switch on top is not MUTE that's VIBRATE, and I don't mean "mute the mic" (so that other party can't hear you) when you are on a call, but rather "mute ringtone" when a call comes in!

The Treo 600 is able to stop the ringtone (and the vibrate) by pressing the volume button (up or down) as the call continues to ring. Hope this makes sense.
    It's an issue with Unlocked GSM phones only:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=gsm+silence
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    DLStang... I checked the site (www.treo650update.com) nothing wrong with it.. we're up to 45 signers as of 10pm this evening.
    Screen shots are brought to you by mScreen! A nifty app that can take a screen shot of your PDA. Try it - ENJOY!
    Been to the Forge site...how did you figure out how to use the darn thing.....no docs, no help, no forum, no discussions, no nada.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12