Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am looking for a weather app that will connect and automatically update current weather conditions and forecasts on a set schedule.
    Does anybody know of any good apps?
    i think you can do this thru express, but there is a monthly fee
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    TreoAlarm is a shareware but is a freebie for now (still in beta, I think). I have used it in my Treo 600 and now on my Treo 650. It is stable. www.treoalarm.com
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    I don't think TreoAlarm updates automatically, but I could be wrong...

You may want to look at 4cast.

I believe it's $5 for the program.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Treo Alarm updates automatically. You can set an "alarm" to "download and disconnect". Just make the alarm silent. So, you can update it at certain times of the day and often as you would like by setting the "alarms". The program allows up to 8 alarms.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    Treo Alarm updates automatically. You can set an "alarm" to "download and disconnect". Just make the alarm silent. So, you can update it at certain times of the day and often as you would like by setting the "alarms". The program allows up to 8 alarms.
    Well, that's interesting...

I didn't know!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    How do you get Treo Alarm to give you the weather for a city other than San Francisco?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Try 4cast. It updates (I think) automatically and I like it quite a bit. I think it updates thru Yahoo.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    How do you get Treo Alarm to give you the weather for a city other than San Francisco?
    That's all I need
    I just created a bookmark for my zipcode in blazer to mobile.wunderground.com.
    there's no alerting but whenever i want to check the current weather all i have to do is choose the bookmark.
    You can create a bookmark for each zip you want to check.
    I use TreoALarm to:

1. Mon-Fri at 8:00 am - Wake me up (Loud Alarm), turn of the phone and update weather.
    2. Sun-Th at 11:00 pm - Shut off the phone (Silent)
    3. Same as 1 and 2 but for weekends, I leave phone on longer and wake up later.

As or the location thing and not using SanFrancisco, hit the Options button, select "Weather" , Hit "Change" and type in your zip code.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I use agendus pro 9.03
    I use the bookmark method as well but w/AccuWeather-one bookmark w/my zip for regular weather & one bookmark w/my zip for my radar.
    Cool Weather was better but it's MIA now.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Does anyone know if the time is automatically updated when the weather is updated on the latest version of TreoAlarm? Or do we have to specifically initiate the time update...thanks
    Charliec
    Yes, the time is automatically updated in TreoAlarm. I was using that, but I switched to Butler. I'm considering going back to 4cast, but it doesn't give me radar images, which I like. Plus, it doesn't give a ton of info on the weather for that day.

Guess i'll be using wunderland or accuweather until another app comes out...
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    I use the bookmark method as well but w/AccuWeather-one bookmark w/my zip for regular weather & one bookmark w/my zip for my radar.
    Cool Weather was better but it's MIA now.
    LOL
    cool weather is my weather website. sorry it was down for like 2 weeks because there were some hosting problems. it's back up now and should be good to go.

let me know if you have any problems with it. i'm also planning on making some updates to it with different icons and stuff so you if have any ideas or modifications let me know

here's the link to Cool Weather v2.0 formatted espically for your treo:
    http://www.hiddentreasurehosting.com/weather/
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Cool weather is a nice web site. Anyway to add local radar as does Handmark Express weather?

Thanks!
    Accuweather has links to radar and satellite for the zip your looking at. Not as clean or fast as cool weather but may be what you're looking for.

The NWS also has a cool animated satellite image...
    http://www.srh.noaa.gov/port/satloop.php?satid=WCI8
    Good job on the cool weather website. Very nice.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I've both latest version of Agendus and treo alarm. Both are claimed to update weather automatically but neither does for me automatically. Although they do manually for me.

Can somebody help me with that please ?
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast