Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Marc,

With the latest beta, I'm not able to download any messages. I have an IMAP account that worked in previous Chatter versions, and doesn't work now. I'm not using SSL yet, though I plan to once I get it working over regular IMAP.

Here's what I did:

"Create New IMAP Account"
    On the Define tab:
    Set the name, server name, username, password
    On the "Deliver" tab
    Set the "keep flags synced" checkbox and the "14 days" checkbox
    When I saved the account, it offered to test it, and the test went okay. However, no messages are showing up in my Inbox, even though I definitely have messages newer than 14 days. I even deselected the 14 days box and still no downloads.

Do I have to separately define mailboxes in this version? I did try that, but it still didn't work. Can you think of any other reasons I might not be getting my messages? In 1.0.4.2, I'd see the messages downloading as soon as I defined the account.
    I'd have to see a log, I guess (instructions in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com). BTW, what's showing in the lower-right of the screen?

Marc
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    The lower right of the screen shows an envelope icon with a red diagonal line through it. I interpret that to mean "no new messages" as opposed to some kind of connection failure, is that correct?

I'll try to get a log for you.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Marc,

Switching to SSL lets me get my messages. I suspect there's something on my server that's set up improperly for the non-SSL server (it's listening for connections, but clients can't connect.)

So, what settings should I set if I'm using SSL? You mentioned there are certain non-default settings that need to be changed.
    Last edited by tonycpsu; 04/17/2005 at 06:41 PM.
    tony - I would suggest using "Disable Background SSL" and "Park in Chatter While Asleep" in System prefs.

Marc
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Ah, okay. I suppose this combination of settings means I won't get my messages unless I'm in the chatter application. Is that the case? If so, I think I might need to get that non-SSL server running...
    Well, if you use "Park in Chatter", then when the Treo's asleep it will move to Chatter and you'll get messages. But you won't get messages while in other apps. You can TRY to work without "Disable Background SSL", but occasional resets are likely. I'm working on a new SSL system, btw, which would get around all of these issues.

Marc
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    OK... I guess what you're proposing is probably the best course of action until the background SSL resets are fixed. Thanks a lot for your help.
    np

Marc
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Hi Marc,

FWIW, I got a Fatal Exception from Chatter today. I have background SSL disabled and the "park in Chatter" setting is also set. The reset happened when I woke up my Treo to use it. I hit the power button then the center button to bring it out of keylock, then hit the launcher button to bring up my launcher. I then heard 3 loud alarm sounds followed by the reset. I don't know if this helps you get to the bottom of the resets at all, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    matthew23 - Can you send me an email at chatteremail@imap.cc and I'll send you something to experiment with...

Marc
    Hey there Marc, just wondering if you have posted what you sent Matthew or if you were going to hold off for a bit? What would be the chances of a fellow who doesn't mind a couple resets being another beta tester in hopes of getting faster mail?
  12.    #52  
    so far it has worked PERFECT for me...no resets
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    so far it has worked PERFECT for me...no resets
    Would you mind emailing the PRC's to me? I'd sure appreciate it, but no problem if it's too much trouble. I'll send you an address in a PM. Later,
    JW
  14.    #54  
    Hey Marc (or anyone else that might know),

My version of chatter is *almost* perfect, except that it won't delet email out of the inbox, they just stay grey. I hit the red "x" in the e-mail and it bring me back to the inbox, but the email remains light grey and never disappears. Any thoughts?
    matthew23 - What version are you using?

Marc
  16.    #56  
    v. 1.0.5b32, i just want the messages to disapper after I hit the red X...anyway??
    matthew23 - Get the latest Beta; it fixes a number of deletion related issues from earlier Beta's.

Marc
  18.    #58  
    ok, thanks Marc
  19.    #59  
    Is the newest version 1.05rc8?
    Yes.

-m
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast