Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    FYI: I was having the same problem, with one exception...it would always send the message TWICE, even though it tells me it can't send and moves the message to the drafts folder. I finally gave up, and switched my SMTP server to sprint (but kept my from and reply-to set to gmail.)

I've concluded that gmail smtp simply doesn't work.
    SMTP with GMail will work. GMail must have changed something because the old trial version of Chatter I had worked fine a month ago when it ran out, but now when I bought a license yesterday (or the day before) I started seeing issues with that same version, same settings.

I had the same problem except it did not send two consistantly. It would however consistantly hang on the SSL and give an error even though the email went through. The message also did not appear in the sent items folder on the Treo.

At Marc's recommendation I downloaded the newest beta (I believe the number is 1.0.5b30) and now everything seems to be working great. Well, it still seems to take a little longer to go through the progression of status messages at the bottom, but no errors and no dupes so I think it's fixed.
    Thanks,
    JW

http://www.chatteremail.com/
    Last edited by Fry-man22; 04/15/2005 at 11:43 AM.
  3.    #23  
    i've found mine goes a lot slower than my original version of chatter (also about a month ago). I was having the exact same problems as fryman and d/l'ed the newest version of chatter and now it works, albeit a lot slower when sending messages. but as long as it keeps on working...
    I have consistently had a prob (all betas to date) that when try to send w/fastmail..it hangs on "auth" & then I have to exit chatter to phone app & zlaunch screeN then back to chatter for it to go through to ssl & send.
    john - Really? Can you send me a log of this? I use fastmail all the time...

Marc
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    For what it's worth (from someone who's had a Treo for all of 5 days), I seem to be having the same problem sending through GMail. It looks to me like Chatter is getting stuck during the send process, but still sending multiple copies of the same outgoing email.

It also looks like the problems during the send process may be causing Chatter to hit the maximum number of connection failures. My evidence of that is that I seem to be able to receive emails just fine with the SMS trigger, until I try to send an email. At that point, after the multiple copies of the same email get sent, the "QSync" icon appears permanently in the lower righthand corner -- and no incoming emails get through -- until I hit "reset connections."

Not sure if this is helpful, but I thought I'd give the symptoms.
    mal5z - Get the latest beta.

Marc
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Marc,

That's amazing. Talk about quick service. I'm speechless. Everything is working perfectly. Thanks!

Mike
    well..updated to b30.. sent one message... went through w/out the usual prob...yah! ill sent u a log if I have any more probs..
    thanx marc
    john
  10.    #30  
    hey marc, is there a way to speed up how long it takes to send e-mail w/ chatter using a g-mail account?
    matthew23 - I'll look at it. It's slow because I'm working around this bizarre problem with Gmail's SMTP server.

Marc
    matthew23 - Can you send me an email at chatteremail@imap.cc and I'll send you something to experiment with...

Marc
  13.    #33  
    sure
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    I have consistently had a prob (all betas to date) that when try to send w/fastmail..it hangs on "auth" & then I have to exit chatter to phone app & zlaunch screeN then back to chatter for it to go through to ssl & send.
    I was having similar problems sending with fastmail. I used to have it set to "SSL" in my smtp profiles. started noticing that it would get stuck at "Auth." for the heck of it, I changed the smtp profile to "TLS" and it's been working perfectly since. what do you have your authentication set to?
    -- berto
  15.    #35  
    Marc,

The version you sent me works 100 times faster....thanks! matt.
    i have it set for SSL.. ill try changing it see if that helps..
    well.. i had to delete and reinstall chatter... major prob.. tried to send file to myself w/FM.. sent ok.. but wasnt in the email i received.... So i tried to send to FM w/gmail and that really messed stuff up... would not stop "cnncting"... no matter what i did.. i couldnt stop it from trying to send that gmail email... deleted the mail to be sent..reset etc.. nothing worked.. had to keep chatter offline.. then delete it.. and reset all up again.
    i had issue in past w/gmail hanging and keeping connection trying to send.. but fixed that w/marcs help awhile back (so i thought..like 10 chatter updates later). im afraid to try to send w/gmail again... what a pain. it would be great to have someway of checking to see if connection is successful for pop accts.. (i know it does this setting up my FM acct) and way to kill/delete a pending send that isnt getting authorized.
    btw... id like to see the update option to again include the reset function.
    PS... i upgraded to b32 after setting everything up again... what is the safest way to delete chatter if/when i need to do so in the future (i selected upgrade in menu..did a reset.. then deleted chatter).
    TIA,
    JOHN
    john - That's the best way for now, though I hope to improve it...

Marc
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I tried chatter before (1.0.4.2 I think) but I had a lot of stability problems until I stopped using it. Has anyone else who had stability problems on a Treo 650 before noticed an improvement with the latest Chatter betas? I'm very wary of installing apps on my Palm now, but at the same time, Chatter meets my needs much better than Snapper, etc... I just can't run it if it's going to crash my Treo all the time.
    tonycpsu - The latest betas are more stable than 1.0.4.2. If you're planning on using SSL, however, you should run with a few options set. Let me know.

Marc

p.s. I haven't had a reset on either of my two Treo 650's in 4 days (and I use LOTS of new versions...) Make sure you start from scratch (get rid of everything from the old version, if you haven't).
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Hi Marc,

I'm starting from a Hard Reset anyway, because my Voice Recorder suddenly stopped working for some odd reason. So, I will try the latest beta. I do use SSL for my IMAP connection, so if you could please enlighten me on what those options are, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast