Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Has anyone noticed that when using Chatter, the screen will wake up very briefly? There does not seem to be any regularity when this happens. I am sure this is related to Chatter because this did not occur until I installed the program.

I am using the latest version.
    I don't think I've ever seen it; if you start logging, you could make a note in the log if/when you see it next, and I can see if anything's going on. What are your Notification settings (do you think it's related to new mail)?

Marc
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Marc, as always thank you for the quick response.

No I don't think it has anything to do with the notification settings because when the screen wakes up, there are no new emails.

I will try the logging thing. Not sure if I know how to do it but I will give it a try.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I am a very recent convertee to Chattermail as well. I am using the latest version also and am noticing this 'wake up' also. I just assumed it was something I had to put up with. I will say that it is not related to new mail and that I have not noticed anything else unusual.
    are you guys using Butler's alternative keyguard?
    I had the same problem and I traced it to the alt.keyguard.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Not me. I do have butler. But I don't use the alternantive keyguard.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    ixtab1970...wow good job tracing it back to the alternative keyguard. Would you happen to know why Butler's key guard would cause the screen to wake up? I dont see how this is possible.
    There are a number of Palm API's that cause the screen to turn on (whether it's desirable or not). Could be one of them.

Marc
    I am having this problem too and I don't user butler guard. This happened only after I upgraded Chatter to 1.0.4.2. It seems to go on when new mail comes in (I have VIB and LED set for using other app and Asleep only AND use attention manager alerts) and also when I move the messages from my Outlook inbox and Chatter "refreshes". I will try unselecting "Use attention Manager alerts" and see what happens but it is definitely Chatter and seems to be something with the newer version.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I notice this happening to me also but I don't use butler or chatter so I don't believe either is the problem.. maybe a little more investigating is needed..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    freak - If you make a log and note where it happens, maybe I can associate it with something. I've never seen this happen, fwiw.

Marc