1.    #1  
    Every time I turn my Scala 500 off, in order to use it again with the 650 I must go thru the setup devices drill (including entering the passkey) in order to get the Treo to recognize the headset. This is despite the fact that it is installed on the Treo as a trusted device.

Is this the way it's supposed to work. If so, it's pretty inconvenient.

I'm using a Cingular 650 GSM

thanks

No. I set it up as a trusted device (went through the "hands free device" set-up wizard.)
    After that, all I have to do to connect it is tap the button on it, wait a second or so, and the bluetooth icon on the treo turns to a blue rectangle to show it's connected. It auto-disconnects after about 10-15 seconds.
    Also once I've turned it on and connected once, it will ring on an incoming call. The treo finds the scala and has it start ringing in about 2 seconds.
    I only had to pair it once.

I don't know what the problem is. Maybe someone else has a suggestion.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    The key may be to do as taylorh did. Do the pairing under trusted device and then do it again under hands free setup. I believe the pairing under trusted device is what does away with the asking for the passowrd each time. You seem to be paired but not trusted!
    Just go to bluetooth then "Set Up Devices" and select "Hands Free Setup" and go through the wizard. That's all I did. I believe (if I remember correctly) pairs&trusts the scala headset.

If you have to, go in to add/remove devices and delete the cardo scala from the trusted devices first. Then put the scala back in to discovery mode (I think you press and hold the power button for like 10-15 seconds until it flashes red/blue, going from memory here so consult the manual.) Once it's in discovery mode (and deleted from trusted devices) start that "Hands-Free Setup" wizard. Once you're done things should be all good.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G