1.    #1  
    I know this forum is filled with knowledgeable programmers and such. (i.e. Shadowmite)

Is anyone working on the Bluetooth stack issues? Has anyone been in contact w/P1 like they were with the sound quality and memory issues?

Bluetooth on the Treo 650 SUCKS!! Especially the part that works with the headsets and such.

If this piece of equipment has the ability to utilize 1.2 but P1 is just not allowing it, that is RIDICULOUS for a $600 piece of equipment.

I am pleading with my fellow techies (I'm in networking) to PLEASE come up with something!!!
  2.    #2  
    OK, I'm still wanting some type of answer for this. Perhaps someone has contacted Palm to find out if they are going to update the firmware.

HOW EXACTLY DO WE NEED TO START HOOPING AND HOLLERING TO GET THIS DONE!!

Perhaps we need another petition!!
    I don't think "hooping and hollering" on TC is going to get it done. Perhaps you should send letters to PalmOne. I think there have been a few threads that have discussed this in depth. I'm sure someone is working on it and it won't take long for everyone to find out once it is done.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    From the discussion about getting A2DP on the 650.....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=15

It doesn't sound likely unless there is another major code leak.
    I'm back!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsipe
    I don't think "hooping and hollering" on TC is going to get it done. Perhaps you should send letters to PalmOne. I think there have been a few threads that have discussed this in depth. I'm sure someone is working on it and it won't take long for everyone to find out once it is done.
    dc...

althought this may have been discussed @ nauseum regarding the fact that the BT stack on the 650 sucks, there has NOT been discussion @ nauseum regarding the fact that someone is working on it. I am not asking how to "hoop and holler" on TC. I am actually trying to find out the best process for getting to P1 to have some type of change made. There are others here who have been somewhat successful AND I was hoping they could point me in a good direction, ESPECIALLY if they had a contact name. I think all of us here w/650s should be contact P1 about BT. It seems that all the headsets that we use seem, for the most part, to work EXCEPTIONALLY well on other BT phones. As well as the fact that the stack is not 1.2 enabled. I am also peeved about the walkie-talkie speakerphone on this thing, but that's another issue.

Thanks to all in advance. AND if you happen to be working on something, please just let us know, we will all be greatful!

Perhaps shadowmite has something a brewing.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdldy
    Perhaps shadowmite has something a brewing.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Shadowmite$ $has$ $left$ $the$ $building$.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=shadowmite

He may still be working on these patches, but I wouldn't expect him to be advertising them here. His fans will do that for him from now on.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Shadowmite$ $has$ $left$ $the$ $building$.

He may still be working on these patches, but I wouldn't expect him to be advertising them here. His fans will do that for him from now on.
    I suppose you could just sit here twiddling your thumbs as jmill says...or you could go to www.shadowmite.com and find out what the story is....

ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    I suppose you could just sit here twiddling your thumbs as jmill says...or you could go to www.shadowmite.com and find out what the story is....

True, no reason to speculate!
    I'm back!
    The problem is the "Bluetooth software" to enable 1.2 functionality was not purchased by Palm. Therefore, shadowmite would have to get it from someone. Add to the fact making this change would be "illegal" as opposed to "enabling the software" which would just **** PalmOne off is another issue.

If the upcoming Tungsten E2 had BT 1.2 THEN you might have something because it uses Garnet as well. The only thing you can hope for is for WiFi which will be supported on the E2, which in turn may get us REAL WiFi for the Treo 650
    You've got to realise that the treo 650 is a beta quality product. It is palmones first smartphone (the previous treos were made by handspring) and they rushed it out. They may fix a few major problems but I fully expect them to be taking note of all the issues people have and then address them in a treo "700". Don't expect any new features to be added, even if adding them would simply require a software update, they would far prefer to force you to buy a new pda/phone if you really need that feature. Makes good business sense when you don't care about your customers, (and what large company does these days?).

Personally, though it pains me since I've alwasy used palms, I've decided not to buy the treo 650. I'm waiting a year to give palmone one more chance to get it right then I'm writing the company off as an option for a smartphone.
    drbob