I got GSM service from Unicel and tried to use the SIMM chip in a Treo 650 from AT&T. Message comes up that SIMM will not work with AT&T phone. Anyone know a work around?

Thanks
    At this point, no, because the phone is locked unless you can get Cingular to give you the subsidy unlock code for the phone.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    At this point, no, because the phone is locked unless you can get Cingular to give you the subsidy unlock code for the phone.
    Good luck with cingular. I called them last night to get the code for a V220 (a much less expensive phone) and they were adamant that they NEVER give out the codes. I went through supervisors etc. They claim that tech support does not have access to them and the company policy is that they don't release them under any circumstances.

This really annoys the heck out of me. I don't even want to drop the plan with them only to be able to use my international phone on a local sim card the 5 days a year I travel!

This is one of those policies that is begging for a class action suit.
    See the sticky thread "GSM 650: unlock vs subsidy for noobs" for a discussion on how to get an unlock code from AT&T. I know it works because I got one. However, You have to call Cingular and sometimes they expect you to have been with them for a while.